ReefCleaners.org

Experience with Kigs

andysgr

Please note that the below stated problem has been worked out between Kigs and myself.

FYI. I am curently in the process filling a claim against "Kigs" with Paypal and my credit card co. I ordered from him because he seemed to have good feedback. On 8/13/07 I paypaled him $257 for 13 of his listed 40 polyps. He charged a 2.9% paypal fee which I have since learned is against paypal rules.

8/25/07- Kigs says he will ship next Monday

8/26/07-doesn't ship says there was a death in the family

8/29/07-claims he will add in a "few freebies" due to delay

9/5/07- he returns from family matters. I send an additional $103 for 4 additional polyps.

9/6/07- says he will ship out on monday-doesn't ship

9/11/07- says he arrived too late to ship out next day guarenteed. Says he will ship next day.

9/12/07-package doesn't arrive

9/13/07- says he got in a car wreck. Agrees to add 4 polyps as a bonus for the delay. Needs a couple days for polyps to heal.

9/19/07- package arrives. Only 14 baggies w/ 1 polyp in each arrive. I should have recieved approx 20 w/ freebies. I asked for a cold pack due to TX heat. He sent them w/ a heat pack. 8 of the 14 polyps were detached from the plug (after a month of being fragged). Several of the polyps were stuck in the plastic not containing water. His packaging was extremely poor. The bags were placed in a carboard box with peanuts. No foam cooler for insulation. I requested that the frags be labled and none were. Photopgraphs were sent of his detached polyps still in the bag as well as the total of 14 bags. Only 6 polyps survived after a few days. I expressed concern about the health of what remained due to the extreme stress they endured. He corresponds saying that another order was sent out on that day. We discussed the possibility that the orders were switched. He stated that the other person seemed overjoyed by his generosity in the order. At the time he seemed very open to the possibility he switched the orders. He later retracted on this. I have no idea if he switched them all I know is my order was incopmlete. I was unable to recognize one of the polyps as anything I ordered. After another person publicly criticizes him for another transaction he agrees to work with me on the problem. He states that many of his polyps were not doing well and have a fungus. Just the other day he lists several polyps that are not available for replacement. Today I see that he is selling some of those very polyps on RC that he could not replace for me. I contacted him today and he stated that the coral being sold here is not his. He is selling these for another person who does not yet have enough posts. I notified Kigs today that I have filled a complaint against him. Buyer be extremely careful. I have photographs as well as all PMs and e-mails between the two of us to support my claims.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy, I was still willing to work something out with you untill you decided to act hasty and file a claim. Seeing that you have already taken all necessary steps, I see no further need to work with you and reach a compromise. I have had my share of dissatisfactions and doubts while listening to your case, but honestly, I'm tired of this drama. I'm sincerly sorry that we could not come to an agreement, I wish things could have turned out better. I felt extremely sorry and I have been bending backwards to reach a satisfying conclusion to this, but seeing that you have threatened me several times with "legal" claims and ruining my reputation, it has become very distasteful for me. Everything I was willing to do, they were purely out of goodwill but you insist on contacting third parties, so go ahead Andy. I'm washing my hands on this matter and you can carry on with this drama as you have hoped.

This is like the second post in 3 days I've seen on this kigs guy on N-R about almost the exact same thing...
Yea, except that I started that thread on someone else. <3
Not to add fuel to the fire, but:http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...;highlight=kigs2 good reviews, 1 bad.
Meh. Kinda stupid for me to ship something to Brooklyn when it's only half an hour away from me. :huh: I have no idea who that guy SAP is nor what he's talking about as I have never done business with him. Weird... I should notify the mods.
Yea, except that I started that thread on someone else. <3Meh. Kinda stupid for me to ship something to Brooklyn when it's only half an hour away from me. :huh: I have no idea who that guy SAP is nor what he's talking about as I have never done business with him. Weird... I should notify the mods.

Ah. If you've never dealt with him, then yea...the mods would remove it. :)

er1c_the_reefer

riddle me riddle me:

what legendary triple hybrid poultry animal has a name that rhymes with something you want to/should be/or actually are doing on a friday night?

what legendary triple hybrid poultry animal has a name that rhymes with something you want to/should be/or actually are doing on a friday night?

TURDUCKEN.

...no it doesn't? Even if it had a slight shred of similarity, I'm failing miserably at reading between your lines. G-Force lied about not receiving a shipment from me, then when I proved him wrong, he ran away. What's so VERY similar? Just curious.
riddle me riddle me:what legendary triple hybrid poultry animal has a name that rhymes with something you want to/should be/or actually are doing on a friday night?
say it isn't so. Turducken time again? :lol:

acording to the starter of this thread, you lied by not providing the 'bonus' corals and the polyp counts that were ordered.

(but thats going on the starters claim)

Ah, well. r20crazy, I may be new to NR and I understand your skepticism towards me, but I stick to my words and try my hardest to go by them. The OP and I obviously have points where we disagree on, but I respect his decision to settle this issue in other ways. If it was upto me, I would of course say that I am right, and vice versa on his part. At this point, he has decided to contact the third parties and I will go along to see what their opinion is. PS - I think you forgot to show me the relevance between G-Force's lies and "my lies". Should I take a snapshot of his paypal claim responses that shows him changing his reasons within literally every few hours? lol

I'm not even gonna bother pointing it out, bored of that game

anyway, work it out you two......

Kigs seems disinterested in working things out at this point. I am protecting myself by filing a complaint but would be happy to recieve a pro-rated refund or the coral I ordered. Perhaps something good will come of this in that less people get burned by this individual in the future.

Kigs seems disinterested in working things out at this point. I am protecting myself by filing a complaint but would be happy to recieve a pro-rated refund or the coral I ordered. Perhaps something good will come of this in that less people get burned by this individual in the future.

I only became uninterested on a settlement, simply because it is out of my hands now. I feel like you're not being very honest here, trying to portray my personality as nonchalant which is far from what I am. It was your decision to stop working on this issue when you sent me a PM notifying me that you are contacting third parties out of the blue. Upto that point, we have been exchanging PMs back and forth trying to figure out a middleground, have we not? And by middleground, I mean I was willing to replace your entire order with new ones. As I have told you in the PM, it was your choice to give me an option of replacements. I complied and worked diligently in replying to your PMs and staying in touch with you. This time, it was also your choice to settle this issue in another way. I respect that, and I will also comply this time but it is now out of my hands and can no longer work with you on a personal level. I will continue to apologize that we could not come to a satisfying agreement on this matter, but I assure you I was not being dishonest and I was living upto every part of our agreement.

I think you were dishonest when you stated that you couldn't replace some of my order. You said they had a fungus/died. You told me that a couple days ago yet you are selling those very poyps today on Reef Central.

I think you were dishonest when you stated that you couldn't replace some of my order. You said they had a fungus/died. You told me that a couple days ago yet you are selling those very poyps today on Reef Central.

Today I see that he is selling some of those very polyps on RC that he could not replace for me. I contacted him today and he stated that the coral being sold here is not his. He is selling these for another person who does not yet have enough posts.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you told me your side of the story in the beginning. Obviously I cannot invite you over to see for yourself, but I'm hoping you will extend the same courtesy to me as I have done for you.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt when you told me your side of the story in the beginning. Obviously I cannot invite you over to see for yourself, but I'm hoping you will extend the same courtesy to me as I have done for you.

Why are you selling the polyps on RC that two days ago you said were unavailable. Karma must be tough for you.

I quoted it again for you just in case you didn't read your own words. Did you already forget the reason why you even began this thread in the first place?

Today I see that he is selling some of those very polyps on RC that he could not replace for me. I contacted him today and he stated that the coral being sold here is not his. He is selling these for another person who does not yet have enough posts.

If your comment on Karma was suppose to be sarcastic, I don't get it.

Archived