ReefCleaners.org

Shaz's AP 24 HQI

shaz1971

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha are you using my Triple buffer? ;)

Thanks guys :)

Checked my params and my ph was low at 7.8.. driping Tropic Marin triple buffer to see how that works out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There! Very nice pics! I really like your blue zoas! You are really coming along on your corals, mine have been going much slower. I do have some blue zoas coming next week, they are just frags though, and I haven't bought anything else interesting!

My cleaner shrimp got another one of my sexy shrimp, so now I am down to one. :( I still really like him though, I am going to try feeding him more often and maybe he will leave my last one alone.

How is everything going with your tank?

Hi RSG, hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Havent been doing too much for the 24G.. Just picked up some corals from Ty and got a goby and shrimp combo..

I am really excited about picking up my 135G tank today. Cant wait to set it up. :)

Hi RSG, hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Havent been doing too much for the 24G.. Just picked up some corals from Ty and got a goby and shrimp combo..

I am really excited about picking up my 135G tank today. Cant wait to set it up. :)

Thanks, I did have a wonderful Christmas. I hope yours was wonderful as well!

I have some blue zoas coming today, but I am still having problems with things not wanting to fully open, so I have decided to quit buying things for awhile and maybe with time, things will perk up. My pulsing xenia is still growing and pulsing good, so it's happy at least. :) What kind of lighting do you have on your 24G? Your zoas look really great!

How's that 135G? I can't wait to see it set up!! Very excited for you!

Congrats on the new addition RSG, as they say patience pays off in this hobby but its so darn hard to practice haha. Things will open up for you.. perhaps you should try switching to a different salt?

I noticed a difference in my corals for the worse when I got rid of my refugium and the remora skimmer. Are you using a fuge?

On the AP I have a 150W MH sunpod that I only run for 7 hours everyday.

I am in the process of filling up the 135G now, its taking me a while because my RO/Di unit only produces 50G a day. Last night I did some plumbing for the first time and no leaks as of yet :) I didnt wear any gloves and I got PVC cement all over my hands hehe. I will post some pics of it when its filled up all the way.

Shaz,

Dang, I never got an email notification of your 12/19 post! Those are some beautiful pics! Sorry, I can't help you with the sps ID, but I was intrigued by the rock in the upper corner of that shot--is that a teeny tiny pink ric growing with those zoas?!

That orange ric is super--I've never seen a color combo just like that! Love the emerald portrait as well!

Very nice!

--Diane

PS: What did your old avatar look like? :)

Thanks Diane,

I finally got a magnifying lense for my nikon so those were just test shots. The sps is apparently an Oregon tort. Yup that is a tiny little ric with the zoos, he expands to about nickle size but in that pic, I had just turned on the lights. The orange ric is super neon with neon green, cant capture it with my camera though :(

The old avatar was my old FTS. Just changed it to Maronie after watching Johney Dangeriously for like the umpteenth time :D

Hey Mark, I got the rics from RC in Santa Monica.. man that was a long drive. :D

Probably will be heading down next week. Let me know if you need me to pickup something.

Shaz,

Man you went all out on that AP 24 HQI, nice setup. What does your temps run (without a chiller) when the MH are on? I am thinking about getting that same tank or just buying a SunPod MH HQI for my BC29.

Thanks

Thanks SirTagle,

Too bad that I have to break the tank down soon :( These days, the temps stay stable at about 78 degrees. I would probably just buy a used sunpod. There are Radium 150W DE bulbs available at Marine Depot for it too which would be awesome for sps growth. :)

• 3 weeks later...

You started your tank roughly when I started my tank. looking good. Love the GreenBirdsnest. What are you dosing? I need to update my tank pics. Why are you breaking down your 24G AP?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shaz!! I am back!! Just took a break since really nothing is going on with my tank, but WOW..Look at yours! Oh My HECK! That is truly a beautiful tank, I can't imagine having one that nice!

My tank looks pretty much the same, haven't added anything for awhile.. I don't have a refugium. Not too easily done with the RSMs. My torch and frogspawn open all the way now, but my zoas still don't. I have noticed that one of my clown fish picks at them a lot, so that could be mostly why.

Just as I am typing this, I am hearing water dripping and it turns out my little 12 G Eclipse has decided to crack on the bottom, so if anyone is ever thinking of starting a SW tank in the Eclipse, let me tell you...DON'T DO IT!

Take LOTS of pictures, cause I won't be able to look at this tank enough!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted something bigger. I got a calc reactor and kalk with ato.. here are some recent pics..

135GJANPICS55.jpg

135GJANPICS53.jpg

135GJANPICS34.jpg

135GJANPICS.jpg

Now that's what I call an upgrade!

Beautiful pics! Tank is looking great.

--Diane

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to hear from RSG. From what I have been told its much easier to maintain a bigger tank than a smaller one. Your tank will come around.

Diane, thanks as always for the encouraging words :D

here are some pics.

FEB08PICS001.jpg

FEB08PICS002.jpg

FEB08PICS005.jpg

FEB08PICS004.jpg

FEB08PICS010.jpg

FEB08PICS028.jpg

FEB08PICS031.jpg

FEB08PICS044.jpg

FEB08PICS048.jpg

Archived