Coral Vue Hydros

2 for the price of 1

BibleSue

I have this soft dark matt that started under the rock & has moved onto the top and around some of my zoos. I think I read what it was before but can't find it.

DSCF2646.jpg

Also, I was checking out a polyp that was not opened today & found these clear water blister looking guys. When I was removing them, they squirted out a bump in their middle. It is the yellowish bean shaped bump to the right of the polyps that are growing down onto the disk. Any ideas?

DSCF2648.jpg

After removal.

DSCF2649.jpg

Could the second one be some sort of tunicate?

--Diane

Thanks, Daine! I was hoping you would chime in. It's been awhile since I have looked at them. I'll see what I can find. You can't see it very well but there is another one wedged between the polyps above the one on the rock. There were 2 others between the polyps. They were water filled bubbles.

1st is a sponge like this one:

DSC_0021NEF.jpg

They grow all over my tank. I think that they are harmless.

It seems to be engulfing my polyps on that rock. That is what was concerning me.

Mine have never ventured out into full light, so maybe that's a good sign that yours won't expand too much further into the polyps. They will grow to just past the edges of the rock but not further. As an experiment I tried kalk paste on one and it killed it fast. So if it gets out of hand you could try that.

Btw, every time I see that pumpkin burger my mouth waters.

I have read more than one nano-reefer posting problems with invasive sponges, though. Perhaps you should see if you can pull it off...

(I've never had a problem with sponges--yet--but I've learned to never say never...)

--Diane

Archived