Coral Vue Hydros

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

Wow I haven't been active on here for a really really really long time... :o sorry!

My tank has hit and passed the TWO YEAR mark! Wahoo! Never thought I could pull it off when I started, I was so worried I'd do something wrong. But here I am and I'm super proud of the way my tank has matured and flourished.

That being said, I'm putting it through some changes to mix it up a little bit. I love the look of the reef but I want to do something different and exciting. I'm stripping it down to the softies and I'll be boosting up the microalgea in there right now to make way for some Seahorses :) So be on the lookout for stuff in the Selling forum.

Anyway, that's a little update on the plans for the Biocube. I'll post pics maybe this weekend.

Hi there miss California. I hope you are doing well. I sure wish we had the weather you do here in Seattle. I feel like I should be rolling around on my wheelchair with a Snuggie on. lol. It is freezing cold up here.

Hey Annie, glad to hear the tank is still doing well!! :) How are the magnets doing for you?? hehe

Anyways, can't wait to see how the transformation will turn out!!

Hey Annie, glad to hear the tank is still doing well!! :) How are the magnets doing for you?? hehe

Anyways, can't wait to see how the transformation will turn out!!

Hey Matt!!

The magnets are doing perfect!! hahaha I actually ended up moving the skimmer via magnets :) into the main display because the water levels were up and down so quickly. Although it takes up space, the efficiency of the skimmer has helped sooo much! So THANKS!

I can't wait till the transformation is done either! I'm so excited!

Hows everything in your tank doin? Haven't been on here in a while and haven't been on SCNRS at all :/

Good choice on getting into Seahorses...they're a lot of fun and a whole new learning experience.

Good luck with the changes!

Mark

Hey Matt!!

The magnets are doing perfect!! hahaha I actually ended up moving the skimmer via magnets :) into the main display because the water levels were up and down so quickly. Although it takes up space, the efficiency of the skimmer has helped sooo much! So THANKS!

I can't wait till the transformation is done either! I'm so excited!

Hows everything in your tank doin? Haven't been on here in a while and haven't been on SCNRS at all :/

Awesome, good to hear! B)

Ehh my tank is doing OK... I have a massive flatworm explosion in my tank that's gonna take some crativity to remove/kill them without crashing the tank. :( I'll keep you posted!!

alrighty, i was messing around with the tank tonight and decided to take some pics. The glass is a little cloudy on some parts as tomorrow is the scheduled WC but figured it wouldn't really matter.

I've got some macro growing in there already, don't know what it is but i figure since the plan is to put some in there anyway, I might as well let it grow.

As of today

DSCN2171.jpg

overgrown zoa area - I need to get rid of some of the pinkish ones, they're taking over everything

DSCN2173.jpg

sad little sand sifting star that didn't have all its legs

DSCN2175.jpg

acans that are growing/multiplying fast!

DSCN2176.jpg

Birds nest that growing pretty well

DSCN2177.jpg

and because these guys were hogging my attention tonight too...

Mikey - the turtle I somehow inherited from my sister

DSCN2178.jpg

and the 75g Goldfish tank. Right now the baby koi are in there till the spring when it's warm enough for them to be in the pond outside.

DSCN2181.jpg

Those are just a few shots of what the tank looks like now. I need to get on selling the Octospawn and Frogspawn and I need to get that giant mushroom out. I tried shooting a powerhead at it to make it release the rock but i succeeded in splitting it in 3. :angry: Things will slow down a little in January so I should be able to make the turnaround happen pretty quick.

Anyway, Hope you guys like what you see ;)

Still using the stock lighting? How long you had the clam?

Nope I have a 150w Sunpod on there right now. Clam is doing great! I think I've had him over a year. If anyone can ID him for me it would be awesome :) I don't remember from when I bought him and I can't for the life of me tell the difference in species and I don't think color patterns help in that area.

Tank looks great Annie! :) Love the red-ear slider turtles too! ;)

Thanks Matt!

That dumb turtle could survive the apocolypse! My sister bought him as a teeny tiny in LA, didn't feed him right so his shell grows a little wierd, half the time didn't have water, grew in a fishbowl and he's still kickin! I tried to have some baby turtles and did all the right stuff and the things died!

Your sister sounds like she practices my reefing techniques, but with turtles! :P No W/C's, no dosing, yet things still grow and survive, lol!! :lol: Funny stuff!! So how's Central CA treating you these days??

Your sister sounds like she practices my reefing techniques, but with turtles! :P No W/C's, no dosing, yet things still grow and survive, lol!! :lol: Funny stuff!! So how's Central CA treating you these days??

um... it's Central Cali.... ;) I'm definitely a SoCal girl!

It's not so bad, just different. I'm experiencing a lot of the "small-town mind frame". People don't think outside of what they know.

um... it's Central Cali.... ;) I'm definitely a SoCal girl!

It's not so bad, just different. I'm experiencing a lot of the "small-town mind frame". People don't think outside of what they know.

Sounds like where I live now in San Bernardino... =/ I don't think I could ever leave So. Cali though, lol!

Is it just me or are the skirts on those zoas incredibly long? They look like hair!

They are VERY long! Those things grow like crazy in the tank too, they're almost overpowering.

i think it has something to do with flow? I recall reading somewhere why zoas can get ling skirts, but i don't remember now what the reason was... :( I always think they look nicer that way to be honest...

Archived