Coral Vue Hydros

Cali-girl's Biocube29

Cali-girl

Found a hydroid to day, very cool to watch! looks like a jelly moving through the water column. I also think i found some new feather dusters on my rock, which is awesome :happydance:

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha that was a YAY post!

I actually ran in the other room like the smiley but the unfortunate thing is that no one was there to join in on my excitment!

My room mate asked what she was supposed to look at later. I said the small things that look like fleas...

her response...

"your excited about fleas? ":wacko:

hahahaha

the diatoms are already present on the rocks and the sand. Looks like it's time for my cuc! Yessssss!!!!

time for an update!

the tank is coming along nicely! I have a clean up crew consisting of a "so called Halloween Hermit" it looks more red to me so i'm not sure. i also have 4 margarita snails :D . They went to town on the hair algae and it's pretty much gone already. I need to get a couple more snails i think, there's some algae on the glass. Over all i'm pretty happy with the work they did.

i'm having a problem with my hydor flo nozzle. it won't stay on the output tube at the top of the tank. I came home and my roommate said it had fallen off about 5 times within the last couple hours. I have no idea how to make it stay on.

anyone else have this problem? ideas? any help would be appreciated.

i'm having a problem with my hydor flo nozzle. it won't stay on the output tube at the top of the tank. I came home and my roommate said it had fallen off about 5 times within the last couple hours. I have no idea how to make it stay on.

I had the hydor flo problem. I took it out, dried it off, put a dab of super glue on it, and jammed it back in there. Hasn't came off since. Good Luck!

haha, i'm moving slooooooow so it pretty much looks exactly the same! except for a hermit and about 6 snails inchin their way around. I added a Goby last week, but he dug under the sand and i haven't seen him since...

I'm going to maybe pick up my first coral or two on Monday. The Lfs is having a huge Veteran's day sale, so i'm gonna go check out what they just got in. If i get stuff, i'll definitely post pics!!

edit: I almost forgot, I ended up just using a coral super glue on the hydor. works well!!

Just got done acclimating everyone!!!

i went to Jeff's Exotic Fish today for the military discount, and picked up some sweeeet stuff!

I got about 8 striped green mushrooms, a torch coral, and the token clown fish cuz he was soo stinkin cute!

the mushrooms glow like crazy under the actinics, the torch has already branched out everywhere, and the clown fish has the most personality i have ever seen in a fish. I'm in love!!

pics will be up hopefully later tonight, we have to find the card reader. :happy:

Pictures darnit...............we need pictures...............we are picture junkies..................if we don't get them we will stop coming here.................pleeeeeese oh pleeeese.

hahahaha you guys crack me up!! :lol:

GvTv: I got the temp to stay around 80. I don't remember how you said you mounted the fan, but for now i have mine on the the little flip top on the hood. i'm trying to figure out how to do it in the back, cuz i don't like where it is right now.

ps. don't you also have dibs on DeMartini????? (jk :P )

Here ya go!!

Me getting everything set up at the beginning... :P

DSC_0275.jpg

Just actinics

DSC_0301.jpg

We named him Boo

DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

mushrooms

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg