Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 15g tank(only fish)

FishNemo

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is on a track straight to a fate similar to his 5g thread...I can FEEl it. ;)

ohnoes, he's done this before? and still hasn't learned? :rolleyes:

Here is my proud new addition! I caught him off thr reef, it took a while cuz i had to fight off his mother. So far so good! He is acclimating well and I only have to do 100% water changes every hour! I do have to reinforce my canopy because he tends to jump out. I think he just wants lots of hugs. :wub:

post-11008-1192145706_thumb.jpg

I see what you did there.

Well, if he stays on top of the water changes, eventually the rabbitfish won't be able to turn around. I'm just sayin'. I don't buy the fish happiness thing. As long as there is good water quality and food, it's golden. I kinda like the look of large fish in confined spaces. It has a certain calming effect when coupled with the right lighting spectrum.

Well, if he stays on top of the water changes, eventually the rabbitfish won't be able to turn around. I'm just sayin'. I don't buy the fish happiness thing. As long as there is good water quality and food, it's golden. I kinda like the look of large fish in confined spaces. It has a certain calming effect when coupled with the right lighting spectrum.

whether or not it looks good to you in confined spaces (where is COMPLETELY selfish)

fish like rabbitfish just dont like it, they like to have at least enough room to turn around, which is soon not going to be possible in this tank. the whole idea for the minimum tank size relates to how big a fishes living area is in the water, and let me tell you, 15g doesnt even come close to most of those fish, especially a rabbitfish.

fish like rabbitfish just dont like it, they like to have at least enough room to turn around, which is soon not going to be possible in this tank

Thanks luciano, my point exactly. When the rabbitfish can't turn around, time to go up by at least a couple gallons, till next time.

the whole idea for the minimum tank size relates to how big a fishes living area is in the water, and let me tell you, 15g doesnt even come close to most of those fish, especially a rabbitfish.

Luckily, these minimum tank sizes don't tank into account the size of fish before maturity. That gives us gallons (or not) of room to play with along the way.

Thanks luciano, my point exactly. When the rabbitfish can't turn around, time to go up by at least a couple gallons, till next time.

Luckily, these minimum tank sizes don't tank into account the size of fish before maturity. That gives us gallons (or not) of room to play with along the way.

while fish can live in smaller tanks before they mature and grow..its best to have them in bigger tanks in the first place. thats indisputable.

what a noob, FO he has lr in there. Ok my take on this is that well i don't have one that is polite, so good luck?

im assuming by FO you mean fish only. its perfectly normal to have LR in an FO tank, calling someone a noob you should know that. the reason for the anger on this thread is that he should have more LR to support his ecosystem, as well as he has too many fish and most are individually unsuited to that tank.

while fish can live in smaller tanks before they mature and grow..its best to have them in bigger tanks in the first place. thats indisputable.

I have to dispute that. It depends on the size and species of fish in the destination tank. I think this is his growout tank and he is just letting the rabbitfish get large enough to get along with its playmates in the 30g.

I also think the rabbitfish is the only fish unsuited to his tank, per se.

Wow! this is kinda funny because I have a cat thats easy to care for and he lives in a 30 gallon tank. I take very good care of him and I know he's happy because I change out 85% of his litter pan once a week! This should be fine because cats are easy to care for. I make sure he has a lot of food. I'm thinking about adding another cat to the tank because I think he'd be happier with a friend, and don't worry, I'll still be doing 85% litter changes.

Mar20_003.jpg

-_-

Archived