Coral Vue Hydros

My 15g tank(only fish)

FishNemo

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think he is doing a great job... i think he could fit another fish in there if he wanted...

Kidding

Wow! im amazed; how could you even think that it was ok to keep that many fish in such a small tank? By the way could anyone translate what that guy was saying it made no freaking sense.

just cause you can keep lots of fish in a small space doesnt make it right... how would you like it if we locked you in a closet with 4 of your friends and droped food in and cleaned your waste out every month... sounds like a crappy life to me... but he is just one of those people that will never learn and think they are always right... just ignore his stupidity

BustytheSnowMaam
Can you watch my video (under the picture on post 1)? I don't know if the video can be allowed to watch in different country.

Yep, I was able to see it- very cute. My only suggestion would be to feed the rabbitfish something more nutritious than lettuce- some kind of enriched prepared food/seaweed would be better. He's really beautiful. And he really does need a bigger tank- just remember, before you got him he had the whole ocean.

People, cut him some slack.

my posts were in now way meant to be mean spirited

mine were,

i just feel strongly that you are way overstocked.

as do i, and so did every other person who has posted on here, yet he maintains that he knows what he's doing. have tangs ever been bred in captivity?

They can live in a little high NO3 tank. If NO3 in your tank is never more than 20mol/L(that is you have no experience breed these fish in high NO3.why do you assure they can't live ? )

because up until about a month ago i used only treated/aged tapwater, in all of my tanks, the nitrates where regularly around 20ppm. because of my work and college schedual my 10g went almost a month before it got a water change and while my damsel is fine, my knight goby appears to have HLLE and that's after 4yrs of being in 20ppm nitrates. just because they can live in water that's a little high in nitrates doesn't mean it's at all good for them, same with your theory that they can all live in that 15g because nothing happened in the first month, nobody ever dies from smoking in the first month either. :rant::slap:

mine were,

as do i, and so did every other person who has posted on here, yet he maintains that he knows what he's doing. have tangs ever been bred in captivity?

because up until about a month ago i used only treated/aged tapwater, in all of my tanks, the nitrates where regularly around 20ppm. because of my work and college schedual my 10g went almost a month before it got a water change and while my damsel is fine, my knight goby appears to have HLLE and that's after 4yrs of being in 20ppm nitrates. just because they can live in water that's a little high in nitrates doesn't mean it's at all good for them, same with your theory that they can all live in that 15g because nothing happened in the first month, nobody ever dies from smoking in the first month either. :rant::slap:

There are great amount of people in city. Air pollution is a problem for citizen's health.But most people like to spend most of their time(work, study,living etc) in city instend of in village(though they have to put up with high density of population and air pollution).It is not because nobody ever dies from air pollution in the first month in city but because city give people more happyness. Air pollution in city do harm to people but not acute(not as acute as somking.I don't think somking is a good example unless fish could somke) as well as a little high NO3 do to easy fish. So most people prefer living in city and the fish can also live in my tank.

Maybe Fish is more happy in nano tank .Maybe fish is never happy until let them live in natural sea.Fish can not speak. they can not tell you he is happy or unhappy and you can not see what your fish appears when they live in natural sea. The happyness of your fish what you said is only your subjective suppoisition as well as the unhappiness of my fish what you said.

In fact,any Nano tank is not large and natural enough for fish being more happy than in natural sea. but there is enough food in our nano tank and no any danger from piscivorous animal. fish in nano tank have different happyness from that in natural sea. If you watched my video,you can see:my clown like following my hand and get food from my hand without any panic just like a dog like following his owner. Do you think my clown is happy?or unhappy? or less happy than your goby?Do your goby can follow his owner's hand?or look on the hand as some piscivorous animal and turn tail?

There are great amount of people in city. Air pollution is a problem for citizen's health.But most people like to spend most of their time(work, study,living etc) in city instend of in village(though they have to put up with high density of population and air pollution).It is not because nobody ever dies from air pollution in the first month in city but because city give people more happyness. Air pollution in city do harm to people but not acute(not as acute as somking.I don't think somking is a good example unless fish could somke) as well as a little high NO3 do to easy fish. So most people prefer living in city and the fish can also live in my tank.

Maybe Fish is more happy in nano tank .Maybe fish is never happy until let them live in natural sea.Fish can not speak. they can not tell you he is happy or unhappy and you can not see what your fish appears when they live in natural sea. The happyness of your fish what you said is only your subjective suppoisition as well as the unhappiness of my fish what you said.

In fact,any Nano tank is not large and natural enough for fish being more happy than in natural sea. but there is enough food in our nano tank and no any danger from piscivorous animal. fish in nano tank have different happyness from that in natural sea. If you watched my video,you can see:my clown like following my hand and get food from my hand without any panic just like a dog like following his owner. Do you think my clown is happy?or unhappy? or less happy than your goby?Do your goby can follow his owner's hand?or look on the hand as some piscivorous animal and turn tail?

^^

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

We are all dumber after hearing that. My two year old makes more sense.

My fish no like tank. My fish want ocean. Clown fish not funny in tank.

Let us know how happy they are belly up.

In fact, the density in piscicuture is far more higher than that in my tank (not only clown fish but also other marine fish include which is for food.) because easy fish can put up with much more NO3(50-100mol/L) than reef(under 30mol/L).

I doubt about that... ~ 6.5 - 13 lbs / L or ~ 26 - 52 lbs / gallon of NO3... where is this information from?

I doubt about that... ~ 6.5 - 13 lbs / L or ~ 26 - 52 lbs / gallon of NO3... where is this information from?

is that what he meant? i thought he was talking about ppm(there's another way of writting it that i thought he was using)

We are all dumber after hearing that. My two year old makes more sense.

My fish no like tank. My fish want ocean. Clown fish not funny in tank.

Let us know how happy they are belly up.

haha wow that made me laugh out loud

is that what he meant? i thought he was talking about ppm(there's another way of writting it that i thought he was using)

then he should learn the right acronyms...

actually, for me his post looked like he's got no idea what he's writing about but pretending to know a lot about it by using this example

still i'ld like to see, where he found his information, even if it was a ppm instead of mol/l

For everyone making fun of his writing: How well do YOU express yourself in Chinese? (Or whatever Asian language is germane...)

Its not so much that his English sucks, its more in the lines that he's trying to justify keeping that many fish of that size in such a small tank without proper filtration....

Nemo,

While yes that fish CAN survive the point is that they will be stressed the F*** out.

Can fish talk?

No

But they do have swimming patterns that will let you know they aren't happy.

Puppy breeders will sometimes keep dogs in kennels no bigger than the dog itself. They don't die right away, but they definately aren't happy, and they definately aren't the type of thing you would want to do for a pet. That's why they get busted, and the owners arrested for animal cruelty.

You said you were doing 85% water changes? That is a huge waste of time and resources when instead you could be doing something akin to increasing the looks of your tank. That Fresh Water tank of yours is very nice looking. You could have something similar for your Saltwater too.

The point is, Yes fish would be happier in the ocean. People choose to live in the city, your fish did not choose to live in such a small tank. Fish kept in Nano tanks are generally smaller and kept in smaller numbers than what you have.

What you are doing is extremely irresponsible. Have you noticed that EVERYONE who has posted here has disagreed with you? Do you honestly think that our combined experience is worthless or could it be that you're actually wrong?

+1 on the disagreement here buddy

6 weeks does not equal long term success, and by doing 85% water changes, you are probably stressing the fish out even more (it is pretty difficult to match temp and salinity when you are doing 85% changes).

think if it this way. you live on earth. you can go wherever you want to on the globe.

POOF! you are now permanently locked in your house (or apartment or whatever) with a bunch of people who may or may not be your friends. oh, and you can NEVER LEAVE. EVER. if someone ####es you off, you just have to deal with it. oh, and you have nobody to complain to either... sounds like hell to me! your fish are experiencing the same thing.

Archived