Pod Your Reef

THE ULTIMATE ID THREAD! Before you post WHATS THIS? LOOK HERE!

Helfrichs Chick

• 1 month later...

+1

You just helped me identify my new little monster that I have been trying to figure out for weeks! Thank you! Looked like sponge anemone at first. I'm off to go learn more about my new little sea monster now! ;) thanks a bunch!

That picture looks like a hidden cup coral to me,not a ball sponge, I have plenty of them myself on my gulf rock.

• 5 weeks later...

I went through all the pages and drawing a blank on this one.... Just noticed it today, wasn't originally in the tank...

Thank you for your help I advance!!!!

post-81890-0-14987200-1384976617_thumb.jpg

post-81890-0-04100200-1384976668_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

This showed up on my live rock yesterday and I haven't been able to identify it yet. Any idea what it is? Please?

Neomeris annulata. Its a calcareous macroalgae.

• Like 1

Neomeris annulata. Its a calcareous macroalgae.

Thank you. My wife grabbed it during the water change with tweezers. We are waiting to see if she got all of it or if it will be an ongoing issue.

:rolleyes:

Just because that's the response your brother would have given you! :D

If they are on the rock, as they appear to be. I'd just cut a small piece of the rock out with the coral on it. Some small bone shears, or side cutters (like these) http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=645190&group_ID=682246&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

would do the trick nicely.

A tip for you. You don't need to get much of the rock in there to make the cut. As a matter of fact, anything more than the first 1/3 of the cutting area is just going to make it harder for you.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey folks. I read through all the posts here and couldn't find something that looks like this. It is spreading across the rock it's on. It's white and has translucent polyps or extrusions about 2mm-3mm long. They're kind of tough to see in the picture.

Thoughts?

post-78562-0-19643900-1391033541_thumb.jpg

Sponge

Pretty cool! Crazy thing is I've had that rock for almost two years with nothing like that on it. I'm sure it hitchhiked from something else but I haven't seen it on any other rocks or frags.

Thanks Lalani!

Help!

Ok, guys, yesterday got my CUC from ReefCleaners.org, and I just came home from a cub scouts overnighter with my son to a cloud of these things floating in my tank. Are these eggs of some sort?:

eolith-2014-02-01-01.jpg

eolith-2014-02-01-02.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2014-04-04%2022.48.49_zpshzulfwfp.jpg

ok. these look familiar like ive read about them before. tiny, a little bigher than a pod. found in my filter bag. do I have to worry? they look mean!

lakshwadeep

jkirsten21's photos look like munnid isopods. el_ote's photos could be normal bristle worms (aka fire worms like Eurythoe complanata). But, do they move or stick to the glass?

jkirsten21's photos look like munnid isopods. el_ote's photos could be normal bristle worms (aka fire worms like Eurythoe complanata). But, do they move or stick to the glass?

I found them in my pillow stuffing pouch not in the tank. maybe a fireworm baby. not sure. I'll look up the eurythoe

edit: looked up theEurythoe complanata, doesnt resemble it. the legs are like toothpics not bristles and the body is smooth not segmented

• 4 weeks later...

Hey so I have keeping an eye on the tank closely and over the last week I noticed something growing in the tank at first it was just one small circle but now it seems like it's starting to multiply. Does anybody know what this is maybe a coral or some sort of algae? From looking at the very first pictures in this post it looked like it might be a sundial snail but it hasn't moved and it looks like it's starting to split and kind of reproduce... Any help would be appreciated.post-84433-0-09002300-1398902528_thumb.jpgpost-84433-0-09002300-1398902528_thumb.jpgpost-84433-0-04490100-1398902554_thumb.jpgpost-84433-0-43357700-1398902570_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
lakshwadeep

Hey so I have keeping an eye on the tank closely and over the last week I noticed something growing in the tank at first it was just one small circle but now it seems like it's starting to multiply. Does anybody know what this is maybe a coral or some sort of algae? From looking at the very first pictures in this post it looked like it might be a sundial snail but it hasn't moved and it looks like it's starting to split and kind of reproduce... Any help would be appreciated.

Is it hard or soft?

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's is a macro shot I got of the Spirorbis on my front glass. It's about pinhead sized. I am getting hundreds of these, but don't mind as long as I keep them off the front glass.gallery_85481_8_220038.jpg

• Like 1