inTank Media Baskets

Please help me identify--Anemone?

the_comish

Bought a small peice of live rock about a month ago from the lfs because I liked its shape. Got the rock home and noticed that it had a small anemone of some type attached to it. It's been a month and the anemone has grown significantly and spread to other parts of the rock. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The Comish

post-30127-1191193698_thumb.jpg

Can you say aptasia? BAD!!!

Kill it before you have 1000 of them. Get some stuff called Joe's Juice. Or use lemon juice (inject with syringe), or Kalk paste (pickling lime with a little water to make a paste and cover the thing).

nice pic of it though. I wish I could take such good pictures, even if they are of bad things.

dsoz

I got rid of mine mostly by hosing them down with boiling water. The ones too close to corals to boil, I injected with lemon juice. Both options work just fine.

Scott Riemer

But...it's pretty!

Just kidding, like the other said, it's not a good thing. They multiply quickly and sting other things in your tank. There's several suggestions to get rid of them, Joe's Juice worked for me. ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone. Fortunately I was able to pull the piece of rock out and torch all anemones. Rinsed the rock thoroughly with ro water and all is good now. Once again thank you.

the comish

Archived