Your Favortie All-In-One setup

Luk3

Your Favorite  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite AIO setup?

• AquaPod
    • BioCube
    • Nano Cube

[color="#A0522D"]I brought the 29 bio because I like the brand, was into to SW 15 20 years ago when they were not even around. Did some shopping around, liked what I found, I was going to set up a system but by the time I brought all of the stuff lights filters etc. It would have cost more. as for doing mods mine is doing fine stock[/color]

Yes this is probably the most noobish of questions but i just was wondering when to use the 3 different lights on the aqaupod

there is white, blue, and lunar.

Ive heard 10 hours of white

not sure about the blue

and lunar im guessing for night

Is any of this correct?

Yes this is probably the most noobish of questions but i just was wondering when to use the 3 different lights on the aqaupod

there is white, blue, and lunar.

Ive heard 10 hours of white

not sure about the blue

and lunar im guessing for night

Is any of this correct?

Blue is probably actinic. You are right the lunar is usually a couple blue LEDs for at night.

Some people turn on their actinic's before their main bulbs and run them longer. I've only got one timer setup for day bulbs, so I turn everything on at once.

I voted AP because I have one. I did research the different models and at the time AP's seemed to have less issues. This was my first saltwater tank.

Now that I have more experience I would rate the all-in-one tanks as a great way to get started or as a novelty tank for more experienced reefers. It didn't take long for me to realize that while you can mod these tanks it is much easier to mod an AGA tank.

So knowing what I know now if I had to buy an all-in-one I would buy a cheaper model (AP24 or Nanocube24) with metal halide lighting.

I don't regret my AP purchase but I don't see it as my main tank for any longer than money/space/time will permit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived