Pod Your Reef

Chucktown BC 29 Mixed Reef

divecj5

I hear ya, that's what I got a piece of green star polyps for :) I just didn't feel like messing with it last night when I got the corals home but tonight or tomorrow night is a different story. He should have "hair" by the weekend!!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha...I hear ya. I hate how it does it to the text and the pics.

I like the rics as well....just need to get some different color combos now since they are all GREEN.

Love the vid! Very well done! I like watching the fish swim in and out of the field...What is the little guy in the center on the substrate who keeps poking his head out? I'm sure you've mentioned it before but I'm too lazy to scroll back.

Very nice stills, too! Boy, that Neomeris clump really stands out! Lovely accent.

--Diane

At least its a purty green. I have seem some really drag green rics.

When I got them from the LFS, they were more of a darker green but have brightened up nicely under the halides :)

Love the vid! Very well done! I like watching the fish swim in and out of the field...What is the little guy in the center on the substrate who keeps poking his head out? I'm sure you've mentioned it before but I'm too lazy to scroll back.

Very nice stills, too! Boy, that Neomeris clump really stands out! Lovely accent.

--Diane

Thanks Diane, I appreciate you taking a look at my tank and commenting :) I really like taking videos of the tank and posting them as sometimes you really can't get a general sense of all of the intricate movements of the corals, fish, and shrimp just by a still photograph.

The little guy that darts in and out is my Purple Firefish. I had always wanted to get one when I had my 55 gallon but ended up just holding off til I started my BioCube. He has been a great addition to the tank as it is always out in the open. He/She can definitely hold its own against the clowns as well :D Someone needs to keep them inline.

Funny that you mention the Neomeris as I actually had some in my 55 gallon and thought back then that it was a pest sort of algae. I found out, after doing some research, that it has calcareous structure versus other algae and ultimately doesn't survive in our little pieces of the reef. When first saw it in the BC, I thought about ripping it out but I'm glad I didn't. I agree that it really adds a nice splash of green in the tank.

Thats awesome dive. I am digging the tiki guy at the top. I have a quick question for you-

With the sunpod, do you run the white and blue leds on your night cycle or just the blues? Right now I am running HQI in the day cycle and the Blue Leds at night. What is your take on it?

It looks great as always. I might have an orange Ricordea for ya once we do the deal.

Sounds good nUgZ. Thanks for stopping by the thread and checking it out.

Thats awesome dive. I am digging the tiki guy at the top. I have a quick question for you-

With the sunpod, do you run the white and blue leds on your night cycle or just the blues? Right now I am running HQI in the day cycle and the Blue Leds at night. What is your take on it?

Glad you like the "Keeper of the Reef." I meant to say that he now has some hair. I cut a piece of GSP off of the main piece that I got and glued it on top. It is still settling in to the new spot in the tank so I will have to grab a pic once it opens up :) I can't wait for it to spread over him.

As far as the Sunpod goes, I just run the blue LEDs at night. My schedule for my lighting is:

• Blue LEDs 24/7
  • 10:30 am White LEDs
  • Noon Halides On
  • 8:30 pm Halides Off
  • 9:30 PM White LEDs Off

I know that there are people that think that the white and blue LEDs have some sort of effect on coral spawning but as a marine scientist, I'm not really buying all that good stuff :) I just like them aesthetically more than anything else.

I have about 3 baby zoas popping off one of my favorite frags so I'm pretty happy about that. I might be close to time for fragging and trading of the Green Bay Packer (I think) zoas that I got from Zoanuts a while back. They are starting to come down the sides of the rock.

I dont think the blue LEDs even looks that nice. I have some over flow from the light in my fuge that comes down and TRUELY looks like moon light. I love it and really dont use the LEDs anymore. wish my camera would pick it so I could show.

I agree that the lights really don't light that much up in the tank. I just more or less use them as a nice night light in my living room :) I actually think that the white LEDs look better in combination with the Blues than just the blue ones by themselves.

I agree that the lights really don't light that much up in the tank. I just more or less use them as a nice night light in my living room :) I actually think that the white LEDs look better in combination with the Blues than just the blue ones by themselves.

I get a lot more "glow" out of my paly's with just the blue on, but I like the Blue and White LEDS on at the same time. That makes for better pic taking as I noticed last night. I will throw a few more up when I leave work :P

I agree about the glow....my orange monti and birdsnest really light up under the blue LEDs at night. That's the only thing that I really miss from T5 lights....that nice glow from Actinics.

TUDIZZLE Are you guys getting ready for the World Series? I bet it's starting to get crazy out there with the Sox and Rocks in the Series.

GOD, ME TOO!! im orginally from cleveland!

well, maybe thats why I dont like the blues, CAUSE I DONT HAVE ANYTHING IN MY TANK YET! I just get excited looking at the sand and rocks and pods!

i hope the sox get the sox beat of em...hhehe

I hear ya...although I'm an American League fan, I always love to see different teams win each year. Dynasties are only fun if you're a fan of that team :)

well, maybe thats why I dont like the blues, CAUSE I DONT HAVE ANYTHING IN MY TANK YET! I just get excited looking at the sand and rocks and pods!

Oh I'm sure you will have some stuff in there soon enough to look at under the LEDs....they aren't anything special but it's better than scoping around with a red flashlight :)

Did you hear about the World Series ticket debacle here in Colorado?

They tried to sell all the seats thru the internet. 8.2 million hits in the first hour shut down the system. They still have not been able to sell the tickets! Luckily season tickets holders get their seats reserved.

We have 6 seats for each game.....GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is I'm not really a big sports fan, but my wife gets the tickets for free thru work....GO WIFE!!!!!!!!!!

ClowningAround
It looks like he just got hair plugs right now :)

Awesome!!! I cant wait to see... reef chia pet!!! you should start a new business... instead of frag plugs...attach frags to mini tiki heads!! :haha:

im actually a Braves fan...lol...

Dive have you checked out my Bagocrap goodies

Pretty much everyone in South Carolina I think are Braves fans. I think it's an old hold over since at one time they were and still are the only major league baseball team around. I for one am a White Sox fan since birth (parents grew up in Chicago and I have lots of relatives from there).

I did check out your Bag O' Crap goodies.....I really am kicking myself for not getting online and checking that deal out. I completely dropped the ball on that one. Maybe once some of my stuff grows out we ALL can get a little zoa trade going on since we know where they are all coming from.

Did you hear about the World Series ticket debacle here in Colorado?

They tried to sell all the seats thru the internet. 8.2 million hits in the first hour shut down the system. They still have not been able to sell the tickets! Luckily season tickets holders get their seats reserved.

We have 6 seats for each game.....GO ROCKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is I'm not really a big sports fan, but my wife gets the tickets for free thru work....GO WIFE!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know there was some sort of issue going on with tickets. That's just craziness that they tried to sell them online. Even a 5 year old these days knows that will crash a server :)

Wow....6 tickets to every game....can I be your son :D

Awesome!!! I cant wait to see... reef chia pet!!! you should start a new business... instead of frag plugs...attach frags to mini tiki heads!! :haha:

You might be on to something here.....I took some pics last night so I should be able to load them up in a bit. Thanks for following the thread.

Archived