Top Shelf Aquatics

Chucktown BC 29 Mixed Reef

divecj5

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the pooch house trained yet? Talk about some detritous :D

She wasn't when we got her. She pretty much ran free with her mom and the other dogs. The breeder actually didn't put a leash or collar on her so taking her for walks has been a real task of patience.

She is about 95% potty trained now. It actually only took about 3 dedicated days to do it. Now she goes and sits by the door when she needs to go and sits to let us take her leash off when she is done. I think it just took her a while to learn where to drop the detritus :D

Glad to hear you're back. I didn't get my notification until today...wierd. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. Where in NC did you get the pup??

Thanks for the welcome back. We got her from a breeder in Tarboro, NC which I is slightly West of Rocky Mount. It was about a 4 1/2 hour drive there and a 5 hour drive back. Needless to say it was a LONG day to pick up the little stinker. Driving up I-95 for about 200+ miles is loads o' fun :)

Glad to hear you're back. I didn't get my notification until today...

Me, too! N-R does this a lot! For instance, I'm supposedly subscribed to the ID forum, but I almost NEVER get notices about new posts in that one. :angry:

Anyway--welcome back, dive! Glad you had such a super time and looking forward to new pics.

--Diane

Thanks for the welcome back Diane. I have the same problems with the notifications sometimes on the site. Not sure what the deal is sometimes...just glitchy at times.

I am still going through the mountain of pics that I have from our honeymoon but I just wanted to put up two of my wife and our new puppy, Aspen. For those that don't know, she is a miniature australian shepherd. She will get to be about 12-13 inches tall and about 25-30 pounds. We've already trained her to sit at the door when she needs to go out and the sit command. We are going to start clicker training with her this weekend and start agility training at the end of January :) She is incredibly curious and "tries" to get into everything. We have been training her lately the difference between play biting and playing nice. Fun, fun, fun!!!

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

She is going to be 12 weeks old on Monday.

awesome dog and gorgeous wife. U have it made. How much does that breed usually go for. The dog I mean. lol. I hae been looking into getting a dog about that size. Congrats on the wedding.

I can see the mischief in her eyes....the dog looks quite mischievous too. ;)

Yeah, they are quite the pair :)

awesome dog and gorgeous wife. U have it made. How much does that breed usually go for. The dog I mean. lol. I hae been looking into getting a dog about that size. Congrats on the wedding.

Thanks for the compliments Tex. I wouldn't say that I necessarily have it made as both are expensive breeds :) One involves a lot more maintenance than the other.

The breeder that we got her from (restabitaussies.com) has both minis and toy sized australian shepherds. Aspen ended up being $685 after all said and done since she was the pick of the litter. One of the reasons why they are expensive is because this particular breeder guarantees that they will not have hip dysplacia or eye problems. None of the dogs that she breeds with (some are young and old) and the parents of the dogs she owns have never had any issues in their bloodline.

They are an amazing breed for sure with lots of energy and intelligence.

Thanks for the info.

Let me know if you are interested in finding out more about the breed. I have compiled quite a few links and information after researching them for about 6-8 months.

They are an amazing breed for sure with lots of energy and intelligence.

And cuteness! Aspen is adorable. (Your wife's a doll, too.) I hope you're fully enjoying this time in your life. :)

--Diane

Thank you Diane. We are definitely enjoying each other to the fullest. I know that this time in our lives won't last forever so we try to make every moment of it the best.

Not that life won't be great if/when we decide to have children, we just know that it will be a different type of enjoyment :)

Hey Dive, it's a cycle, enjoyment of each other now, children and each other, then each other again. Marriage is what you make of it and the family bonding that goes on. Personally I would not have it any other way. Have a great future together.

smiley_abdd.gif

Great piece of wisdom there Spanko and I couldn't agree more. I will have to dig up your thread and catch up on the process of your reef.

• 4 weeks later...

Whats up

Hows everything coming along...alot of changes for you before the end of last year!

Lets see some updated shots of the tank, did that micro frag of octo make it for ya?

Hey man. Sorry for the lack of updates. Things have definitely been hectic since the beginning of the year. Everything has been going great though both with the tank, with the marriage of course, and the new puppy.

All of your frags have been doing awesome in the tank. The octo frag has gotten a little bigger and still looks great. The zoas are finally looking like they are going to start to spread a bit.

I am planning on getting a new bulb for my Sunpod since it's been about 6-7 months since I've had it.

I will have to grab some pics this afternoon and post them up tomorrow.

Thanks for still following along. I know this thread has been dead as a hammer for a little while now :) Hopefully that will change back to the way it was.

Alright, time to finally get this thing back up-to-date with some new pics. Nothing too much has changed in the tank since the last time I added some pics other than some nice growth on the montis, birdsnest, and finally some growth starting on some of the zoas that I have. It is almost time to start fragging some here and there to share the wealth.

Now on to the pics....

CRW_6724.jpg

CRW_6725.jpg

These from Tudd are starting to spread a bit now

CRW_6726.jpg

CRW_6727.jpg

Ric field nice and happy

CRW_6728.jpg

The ones on the right are from Tudd and have started developing some nice color rings

CRW_6730.jpg

CRW_6732.jpg

The birdsnest hasn't really gotten that much bigger at it continues to lay down more base than branches

CRW_6735.jpg

CRW_6738.jpg

CRW_6736.jpg

Octo frag that Tudd sent me has gotten a lot bigger than when I first got it. CRW_6740.jpg

CRW_6734.jpg

Now on to some of our puppy pics....she is now 15 weeks old and I've taught her to sit, lay down, and touch on command with clicker training. She starts obedience and agility training at the end of this month.

CRW_6649.jpg

CRW_6667.jpg

CRW_6666.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the update. I will try my best to keep this thing a little fresher than the last month or two.

What is the reddish pink stuff on the right side about centered up and down?

Everything is looking healthy and the SPS is encrusting well.

Oh look at the puppy!

Hey Spanko. The reddish/pink stuff is a type of algae although I've yet to identify it. All of it grows out of just two points on the rock and has yet to spread. I just give it a good trimming every once in a while. I think it adds some nice color and doesn't appear to be a nuisance...yet :)

Cool Dive. Could be Gracilaria. Look like this close up?

MDIi-pl-1001.jpg

If so time for a Tang, they love the stuff. (Just kidding, no Tang, don't hurt me, just a joke)

Archived