Pod Your Reef

Chucktown BC 29 Mixed Reef

divecj5

Thanks Nugz. Yeah, the cyano is slowly starting to go away. When I get the chance, I am going to siphon out the last bit of it and see if it continues to come back. Overall though I know it's getting lots of flow to the area because I could see it moving pretty hard in the water. I'll have to check again tonight when I get back from work.

For the statue, I think that I might end up getting a small frag of GSP and putting it on top there. I think that would look perfect when it starts creeping down the sides. I just need to find a small frag :)

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to update that all of the cyano is NO MORE. The addition of the flow from the Koralia took care of that with no problem. Pretty amazing how it gets stringier and stringier and then just float away to nothing.

Yeah man, hopefully it won't rear it's ugly head anymore. I am really religious with my water changes (3 gallons per week) and I'm glad the flow in the tank is looking better now.

I have moved a couple of my monti frags a little higher up since the orange one was starting to lose a little but of its bright orange color.

I'll have to get some pics up later.

Had to dig my thread from the bottom of the barrel to get it updated :) Just wanted to update and let everyone know that the tank is doing perfect...nothing to really report on. I am starting to get some really great growth out of the green bay packer (I think) zoas that I got from Zoanuts. I am continuing to get some really nice growth from the purple polyp monti and the birdsnest as well. I finally moved the orange monti up out of the sand bed and close to the birdsnest. It was starting to lose some of its color so it was time for a change.

Other than that, I have been swamped at work and all of these wedding preparations are a real shot to the pills :) 6 weeks from today!!! :happydance:

Hopefully after the wedding I will have some freaking money again and will be more religious in keeping things updated here.

Thanks for the quick update, you must be going crazy getting things for the wedding. Just add thing you want on the wedding registry for the thr thank :)

ahhh 6weeks!!! Once you get married YOU will have NO money..lol.. it will be YALLS money .. just keep a secret REEF stash and HIDE IT...hehe

na im just kidding ya dude.. congrats

ahhh 6weeks!!! Once you get married YOU will have NO money..lol.. it will be YALLS money .. just keep a secret REEF stash and HIDE IT...hehe

I thought that meant he would have twice as much money!?! :bling:

Are you getting any microbubbles with your skimmer? I have the Tunze 9002 also in my BC29 2nd chamber and as soon as I turn it on, bubbles pour into the main tank. Did you mount it with the bracket attached to the lip in the first/second chamber?

whats up no pics? :o

Patience my friend. :) Hopefully I will get a couple tonight or tomorrow. Just nothing too exciting or new in the tank so nothing noteworthy to take pics of. I'll grab a FTS shot just for the heck of it though.

Thanks for the Congrats Digg. Actually the closer the wedding has gotten the less stressful things have been. We hit a couple of snags along the last 8 months money-wise so that was more stressful than anything yet. Now we are just really excited and can't wait. We are taking our honeymoon out in San Francisco and wine country for a week so we will have plenty of time to unwind, eat some good food and sip on a few libations :)

Oh yeah, I already have a little box where I stow away some side cash for the tank :D

I thought that meant he would have twice as much money!?! :bling:

Nice thought....but you know how that is.

Are you getting any microbubbles with your skimmer? I have the Tunze 9002 also in my BC29 2nd chamber and as soon as I turn it on, bubbles pour into the main tank. Did you mount it with the bracket attached to the lip in the first/second chamber?

Thanks for taking a look at the thread Wicked_Reef. Actually I have never had any real issues with microbubbles from the Tunze 9002. Although I will get some occasionally when I do a water change or when I add some Ca/Alk, I haven't really had that as an issue. How long have you had the skimmer running on the tank? They usually take a little while to break in and build up some gunk on the sides, etc to start really working efficiently.

Another thing you can check is to see how open you have the blue dial on the top. You may just have too much air coming into the mixture. Also, make sure that the bottom and the top are on securely. The top of mine seems to wiggle around a bit so check that as well.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for following the thread guys/gals....I can't believe it's been running for coming up on 5 months in a couple weeks.

Hey Dive- Tank is looking really good man. My condolences to you on the wedding...

Just Kidding man. I know how streesful that time is in your life. I do agree though- Always keep a secret stash- whether for poker, golf, or the tank :P

I know we are going to have to move my tank one day, so its good to see that it is possible.

Thanks bud, we are just really looking forward to the wedding itself now. I've had enough of all this planning :)

Definitely don't worry about moving the tank, it was more stressful than actually tough moving things. Catching fish can be a real pain though.

Finally got some new corals for the tank and what a freaking deal locally. One of the people that bought my corals when I was breaking down my 55 is moving to Tennessee in June and has started fragging and selling some of his corals. He has been holding these for me for a while. So....for $25 I ended up getting the following:

• dark green lobophyllia
  • 3 heads of blasto merletti
  • 2 heads blasto wellsi
  • patch of green star polyps
  • 6 polyps of some sort of people eater paly (bright green mouth)

Needless to say I am really really happy with what I got. I just got done rearranging the left front and right side of the tank to acommodate the lobo and I just glued all the frags down. I am super excited if you couldn't tell since it's been a while since I got some corals :)

I of course forgot my CF card for my digital camera at work so I might steal my fiance' camera and snag a quick video of the tank.

Should be able to post it tomorrow.

I know that Digg has his name on a couple of the rics in my tank but if anyone else is interested in any of the corals that I post tomorrow (blastos or zoas) I can get some from this guy for really cheap. Just trying to help out a fellow reefer.

I got some sweet video of the tank just a minute ago although some of the corals weren't open since I just glued their arses down :)

I will post it up tomorrow morning since I don't feel like messing with it now.

Alright, I was able to find another memory card last night so I was able to grab some better pictures of the new corals. The blastos still hadn't come out all the way by the time the lights went off so I'll have to grab some of those today.

First up is a video compilation of the tank. I really like the end of the video and the top down shots. I might have to do more of these in the future.

th_BC29_October.jpg

I am processing some pics now and hopefully will be able to post them up shortly :) Let me know what you allthink of the video.

Here are some of the corals that I ended up getting yesterday from a local reefer. I will try and get some pics of the gsp and the blastos this afternoon once they've had some time to settle in the tank. I'm sure the lobo will be a little more full as well.

Here are a couple pics of the dark green lobo. The guy said that when he got it, it was a more bright of a green. I think it has a lot of potential to brighten up under the halides :)

CRW_6335.jpg

CRW_6336.jpg

CRW_6341.jpg

Top down on the lobo (sorry it's a little blurry but I wanted to show the size)

CRW_6344.jpg

New zoas

CRW_6342.jpg

Older zoas that are starting to come back after looking a little "sick" after the move

CRW_6338.jpg

New Ric Garden

CRW_6339.jpg

CRW_6340.jpg

Full Frontal :P

CRW_6343.jpg

CRW_6337.jpg

Hope that that suffices as a nice update. It had been a while since I updated things. I know that the guy I got these from is planning on splitting up some nice acans and possible some Whammin' Watermelon zoas as well so I might get some of those when he does that.

Nice vid, funny how the clowns always want to be in the center of attention

:wacko: how about a line break between those pics :wacko:

Cool pics

Thanks for the compliments....yeah, the clowns are ridiculous sometimes. The female is incredibly annoying when I put my hands in the tank now. All she does the whole time is try and bite the soft spots between my fingers. She didn't even stopped after I gave her a good flick with my finger :)

Not sure what the deuce is up with the line breaks either. I put them in there when I was crafting the post and then it got rid of them. Then when I went back in there to edit it, all of the paragraph breaks were gone as well.Do you think it's a Firefox thing?

That should look better now :)

Archived