inTank Media Baskets

5g ADA Rimless - 24 Months in

dapellegrini

This is exactly how I want to setup a tank on my desk at work. How do you deal with the surface scum?

Frequent, large water changes

How in the world do you keep the water from going over the edge with the vortech cranking?

I turn it WAY down, and run in Crest mode. Still works really well though. If I place it any higher I get water over the top, any lower and I have a sand storm...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
dapellegrini

This entire setup is for sale - as I am moving and need to simplify things right now.

I have a pending offer, but will take back-ups. Local pick-up only (Phoenix AZ area) and prefer to sell the whole thing, or in the following chunks:

Tank, Stand and Light: $140

All Livestock, Sand and Rocks: $225

MP-10: $160

All together: $500 OBO

I think everything is pretty well documented throughout this thread. This is less than 25% of what I put into the whole thing... as crazy as that might sound to some.

dapellegrini

All sold and gone - as a complete setup :)

this tank is officially gone! ...i sense another one in my future, but it may not be a nano... for now I am going to simplify down to 2 FW setups...

While its sad dapellegrini had to sell his tank, its not "gone"; its just with me in Mesa. It made the trip quite well with only 1 coral getting knocked off its base (I thought it was a piece that had broken off, but now I think its the whole, undamaged piece). That will be fixed with some super glue gel tomorrow and then it should look just as it did before I drove it home (we did not take anything out for the move, aside from about 1/4 of the water). After reading this thread mostly in its entirety, I know lots of people followed its progress and hence I have a lot of people counting on me to keep it looking pristine. I don't think I'll disappoint! I'll continue to provide pictures as it grows and changes as has been done since the tank's creation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Missing this tank - contemplating a new one ...

It was a great tank with simplistic design and nice rock composition. Haven't seen too many 2007 nano-reefers come back. I'd suggest you go for it, you've waited long enough.

Archived