SaltCritters.com

10 gallon with DIY in tank refug

blue fishies

blue fishies

hello, my tank is a 10 glalon tank with a built in refug i made. I used a small piece of acrylic and some epoxy. the tank cureently has: 9 1/2 lbs LR 10lbs live sand. and well heres some pics, oh ya and im building a canopy with 2x36w bulbs and an 8 watt power-glo refug light

nice, glad to see you took adin's advice and bought a tank. I hope you have more water in that tank now and how are you gonna get flow through the fug?

blue fishies
nice, glad to see you took adin's advice and bought a tank. I hope you have more water in that tank now and how are you gonna get flow through the fug?

since it is too late to drill the acrylic im going to use a pump and a tube that does over the refug

updates: the tanks is still cycling, i added more water and built a canopy.Heres some pictures

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

blue fishies

cool, i think this is a good in tank design cuz it does its purpose withought taking up all the back side of the tank, and the main resond i did it like that is cuz i ran out of acylic, lol

LOL What I like the most is also that it doesn't take up the whole back. I'm gona be setting up another tank it'l probly be a 10 also I need to seperate my two Damsels that are in my 5.

blue fishies

update:

PH: 8.3

ammonia: 0

nitrite: 0

nitrate: 0

This means only 1 thing.....My tank finished cycling!, this is i think the 2nd day after the cycle, i added 1 astrea snail and 2 nassarius

snails. oh ya. i have a hell lot of worms in my sand :D

blue fishies

hello, i have completed step 2, now my 6 gallon is torn down and my 10 gallon has all the equipment, 1 more month and im going to start adding livestock

Picture%2024.jpgPicture%2025.jpgPicture%2026.jpg

blue fishies

i bought a pair of baby clown fish and well here they are, i feed them formula one flakes for now. They are a darker orange then in this picture.

Ocellaris_Clownfish.jpg

Ocellaris_Clownfish2.jpg

Ocellaris_Clownfish3.jpg

Ocellaris_Clownfish4.jpg:D

• 1 year later...

Archived