Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went back down to 50% after a good gay talk with Ray. Gay = Happy not that other thing you sickos

Time for a dip in the 510

AKA StevieTub

I am new to Nano-reef and the RSM 130, but would just like to say what a great tank you have got!

It has come such a long way since you set it up! Also, a very well documented thread, it along with a couple of other tanks inspired me to get a RSM and I have taken on board many of the modifications that you have made. I hope I can get mine somewhere near the quality to yours!

All the best and keep up the great work, Dan.

Radion Update December 6th

Increased power to 60% at it's highest output point.

Noticed hair type algae growing around the bottom right corner last week. Could have been due to new light, going through lower kalvin, or from the newly added MP10 which is running on wave mode instead of my MP20 on reefcrest.

Increased power on MP10, swooshed algae around over the weekend and it has not returned.

Tried to avoid any kalvin rating below 12K using the programing

Still have not seen a storm, set one at 7.56pm but they never come. Maybe they are random?

------ end review

Went to crappy LFS last night to use them as an inventory source before my resupply would come in :happy:

Their crappy frag tank was down, what a surprise. It was a 90 gallon with a glass top, PC lights, seaclone skimmer (lol), canister filter, and one Koralia for flow. They moved what they had living into another tank and had everything for $10 each :o

Picked up 5 nice acan frags, 1 favia, 2 blastos

Dipped like carzy, was picky from the start everything looks great today.

May go back for more tonight after work.

I only pay in gold bullion or agricultural produce. Federal Reserve Notes are illegitimate currency.

I pay in beef bullion.... Make a deal?

Radion Update December 13, 2011

High point power up to 68% will start tomorrow

EcoTech has released a software and firmware update and they have done a good job.

Natural mode is now released

You can now run a live preview of your settings which is extremely helpful. It was also nice to see what natural mode will look like.

You can set the probability of storms and clouds

Lot of cool software updates too many to list here but bravo on EcoTech to get that out so fast.

I may switch to natural mode someday but for not I have a nice setting going.

Still pleased with the light. Very happy with the software update. Still in awe of what technology has done to this hobby.

Corals are doing well, monti caps on top are loving new light definite polyp extension noticed.

-- end update --

fo so. Ran it that way it's entire life. I kind of miss it the MP10 is still making noise. I figured it would break in but no reduction yet. Have it on wave mode may switch back to reef crest it is a little quieter on it.

Stevie, you upgraded the lighting on this tank twice right? Was the stock light not enough for the corals or color you wanted? What was the reason for the upgrades and did you notice substantial differences?

I've read some threads and a lot of people swear by the stock lighting (on the 130D). I was wondering if supplementing the stock light with an ecoxotic panorama pro LED and some stunner strips would work out, or would it be an over kill so do one or the other?

Thanks.

Thanks for asking that! I want to know the exact same thing. But I think I know what he's going to say.

Also can I get added to the RSM club? I'd be honored.

Thanks for the Radion update Stevie.

Are you now able to 'dial-in' your t-storms?

NP. I had the next scheduled lighting change too close to the storm so it was never goign to go off. There is only a probability of a storm to start with and only giving it a 1/2 hr window made it near 0%. My over thinking self figured a storm would go off at 7.56 pm and that I wouldn't want it for a very long time. They never really explain any of this in the directions.

Now you can set the probability on your own. I have seen one storm so far, GF has seen two. The one I saw happened 1 hr past it's "point" time.

Stevie, you upgraded the lighting on this tank twice right? Was the stock light not enough for the corals or color you wanted? What was the reason for the upgrades and did you notice substantial differences?

I've read some threads and a lot of people swear by the stock lighting (on the 130D). I was wondering if supplementing the stock light with an ecoxotic panorama pro LED and some stunner strips would work out, or would it be an over kill so do one or the other?

Thanks.

Correct, twice.

It's actually been asked quite a bit here and the reason is it was not entirely for coral growth. It was me wanting to tinker and upgrade in the hobby. I had great growth with SPS and my clam up top with the stock lighting.

The MH was hot at times in the summer and bulky so why not get rid of that for an LED? Then why not get the best LED on the market and try that out. I never had a chiller, used a fan controlled by the RKL but now I won't even need that.

Plus I have storms! hehe

Thanks for asking that! I want to know the exact same thing. But I think I know what he's going to say.

Also can I get added to the RSM club? I'd be honored.

What did you think the answer was going to be?

I'll get you on there tomorrow, it's kind of a two browser process for some stupid reason.

Back to Kat- If you think you need to upgrade on this tank you do not. The stock lighting is actually pretty bright. You are limited to 50/50 bulbs and yes many do those LED strips to improve colors and night effects. I rarely saw my tank at night until I moved it home last year. I actually rarely saw it for over a year.

I thought you were going to say that adding a pair of strip led's under the hood would bump up the heat up a little too much. My tank goes over 80 frequently, so I'm worried I'll need a chiller.

BTW thanks for adding me to the list!

I have heard that the RSM 250 still has heat issues with all lights on and all fans on. Some people claim tank will hit 88 degrees. Chiller is a must with the 250 unless you go open top. You ever get a basket going for the 250 Stevie?

The MP 20 is what my 75 needed. Now one on each end I thank you kindly sir for selling it to me. :)

Do you really think it's the best LED on the market? Looks better than the AI stuff, but have you seen the Vertex Illumina? Pretty snazzy, like a more polished version of what you've got. Heard they just started selling them in the states too

Archived