Pod Your Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

PVC painted black. The idea came to my head to hard plum this thing for a nice clean look. Vinyl tubing has a bow to it. You can never get it to sit perfectly flat against the tank. PVC will sit right against the tank. I couldn't find a wide enough cord minder to fit the 1/2" ID tubing into. Yet I can still have the option of running the vinyl tubing inside the PVC. I haven't decided yet what route I am going.

I also need to "hard" wire and all of the timers and their transformers. Basically make it cleaner than 4 timers sticking out of a power strip.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, I totally understand. I must also do this.

I've been putting it off because I'll be leaving for college in a few months and taking the tank with me.

Neat electrical is something that I have never achieved. A clean look, however, is definitely a necessity.

Good luck! I hope you get some time a lone with mrs. max :naughtydance:

-_-

Just playin! I hope it is too, for her sake!!

here we go, another enabler on the interweb. Get out Ando, your question is unwarranted. First uwwmatt has me wanting an awesome camera and now the vortech question.

It is an awesome pump and I will have one someday. I am saving for a house and reinvesting into inTank at the same time, so for now I am not looking at one. But later on you bet I will have one. Maybe a dry dock from inTank will be needed, I hear they make crappy stuff that leaks.

You know...now with inTank you could write-off any aquarium purchases siting that the quality of your tank is an example of how well your product works. The Vortech would be for marketing :happy:

nano4funreef

Stevie congrats man on the 200,000 Views - that's awesome ! Love my RSM & it was your thread that started me on my 1st swt & my rsm journey 745.gif

Needreefunds
You know...now with inTank you could write-off any aquarium purchases siting that the quality of your tank is an example of how well your product works. The Vortech would be for marketing :happy:

This^^...how can you possibly build a proper drydock without actually having a Vortech for testing?? :D

Is your water wet at the new house? :huh:

This^^...how can you possibly build a proper drydock without actually having a Vortech for testing?? :D

Is your water wet at the new house? :huh:

It is true, and I am probably even using my MH light as a "write off" but it isn't an even trade.

Lets do an example on a vortech with an even number of $300 for a purchase price.

If I don't buy it then it becomes income from inTank profits. I have to pay tax on that at a certain increasingly rising percentage.

If I do purchase it then I do not pay taxes on that $300, but I am out $300 in profit. Yet I do gain a pump that inTank purchased and there are some purchases that are "needed" in this hobby.

Another buttttt. My balance sheet has to equal so using inTank money for "personal" use is fun and all but it hurts my bottom line. God I suck now having an accountant and quickbooks and Uncle Sam watching me. Atleast the coutless accounting classes are paying off, about the only thing from HS and college I am using these days.

I make a few products for tanks that I have never personally seen. I took a personal day off today, the first day off in two months. Spent the day at a flower store and detailing and waxing my Explorer. Tomorrow back to work!

Stevie congrats man on the 200,000 Views - that's awesome ! Love my RSM & it was your thread that started me on my 1st swt & my rsm journey 745.gif

Thank you! I am glad we have an awesome community of tank owners.

Needreefunds

Shhh....keep it down will ya? We know ya can build them without actually having them....jusss don't tell yur accountant that!

oh wait, yur the accountant? :huh:

That's not gonna fly then.

Alright. Then juss buy the pump when ya can. geez.

Taking that company that makes crappy stuff like -all serious and stuff. :P

Oh, reminds me- YGPM

Whaaaaaaaaaa?! That's some SICK clown training you've got going. And congrats on the views and your company. Looks like a nice niche in the hobby.

oh wait, yur the accountant? :huh:

That's not gonna fly then.

no, I hired an accountant. But the more bookkeeping I do on my own the more I save. MFer is $100/hr. Basically needed him for the set up and just yearly for taxes. Or shoot him an email with a quck question.

Whaaaaaaaaaa?! That's some SICK clown training you've got going. And congrats on the views and your company. Looks like a nice niche in the hobby.

Thanks Klarion!

bout time they learn to feed themselves

i wish my baby bengaii could feed its self!

an accountant and quickbooks and Uncle Sam watching me.

does you accountant "skim" some off the top?

davidr2340
Maybe a dry dock from inTank will be needed, I hear they make crappy stuff that leaks.

'TIS TRUE!!! omgomgomg

:haha:

;)

Congrats bro!!!

does you accountant "skim" some off the top?

more like takes a front-end-loader and digs right in

I think I hired a mobster accountant, but I am pretty sure I pay for protection. I am scared of the rumors about the fish vendor war of 10'.

Needreefunds
more like takes a front-end-loader and digs right in

I think I hired a mobster accountant, but I am pretty sure I pay for protection. I am scared of the rumors about the fish vendor war of 10'.

:lol:

Hehe...those pics of your silly clown jumping out of the water for a hand fed meal... :wub::wub::wub:

Oh...and someone ordered a cup & basket last night! :rolleyes:

Hehe...those pics of your silly clown jumping out of the water for a hand fed meal... :wub::wub::wub:

Oh...and someone ordered a cup & basket last night! :rolleyes:

Oh hai 1583!!! I am glad you told me, now I have to include something special! inTank you for your order.

This clown is insane. She jumps out of the water for any food. Even anything orange. The co-workers like to play with her now.

Your new job sucks for us Nano Reefers. How dare they keep you from posting daily or even hourly updates on your RSM. I miss the constant updates with pictures. Please come back Steve! :)

Archived