Innovative Marine Aquariums

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

I'm not sure about that steve.... :P alot of the info I got was from reading posts on this forum :bowdown:

how do you feel about the small nano skimmers from sapphire aquatics? I know you upgraded your skimmer and the 24NC's don't have them at all. I'm still on the fence about them. with the frequncy of water changes and nitrate reading of between 0.5 and 0. I'm not sure if the investment is woth it? I know some sware by them. I don't have many corals yet and and all are softies.

if I can figure out how to post some shots I will!

Skimmers are nice but not needed in a small tank. I run one but had the room and with my SPS and clam I get some benefit from it. But with regular water changes and a clean filtration setup you can run a tank without.

The sapphire skimmers seem nice, they work and that is the goal with any skimmer. The tunze 9002 also is a good one with a small footprint.

If your readings are good then why invest in one now? As you stock up with more and more corals it may be something to look into then.

So does this mean you're hiring? :P

employees are expensive

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im 13 I could work cheap.

It's not the wage I have to pay you, it is the taxes that go along with it. It is easier to sub out work to China, welcome to America :lol:

stevie the last round of pics are great! my b day is coming up. you gona buy me a tunze? lol

I will give you a coupon code to www.mediabaskets.com you can use the savings to purchase that Tunze

ok steve heres some shots

Very cool! I like the first one, looks like the ocean looking up. I would have never thought to shoot from this angle

Needreefunds
It's not the wage I have to pay you, it is the taxes that go along with it. It is easier to sub out work to China, welcome to America :lol:

...oooo another quality item, like chocolate, or sheet-rock, or kids toys....

wonder what short -cut cheap arse additive would then leach out and destroy our corlz.....

nah, stay wit the hands on approach buddy! :P

Congrats on LLC StevieT!!! B)

Hey, serviced my media rack for the first time last weekend. Sweet and easy too. Slides out, quick clean up of media bags and rack, slip right back in. Awesomeness.

I think I need to service it more often though as the media collects detritus faster than I expected. Perhaps once a month? We shall see.

All in all I must say....

Nice rack! :o:lol:

Why you gots to be looking at my rack!

I am looking to sub out work but it would increase quality and it would be in the USA. I am a firm believer in this American made product but I need to free up time to offer more products to more tanks. CNC cutting is the option right now and it would greatly help keep products in-stock.

Yet sometimes more isn't better.

I service mine about every three months to change the media bags. More won't hurt and it couldn't be easier.

Hey Stevie.

Someone I know is interested in buying some new stocks and I told him you would be a good company to invest in. You should think about selling stocks.

then I can get bailout money!!!!!!

maybe down the road a few investor wouldn't hurt to get capitol for retail sales expenses.

This is what happens when I don't spend 14 hrs a day with my tank. No pictures and no action. Just a stupid post like this:

Things that this tank needs:

• Hard plumbed ATO, yes I have been topping off manually since the move. PITA especially when the ATO is set up to run perfectly, just no tube to the filtration area.
  • Hard wired electrical work for the MH lighting
  • More corals
  • Test kits organized and added to stand
  • Cord minder(s) added to electrical work on the back. Purchase from HD and paint black
  • New video taken
  • Custom acrylic filtration hider designed and made. Why did I wait to do this? I build away from my tank making it very hard to go back and forth

I did add an extra UPS to the tank. It was left over from the office move and can run a pump and heater for 1/2 day, so says the LCD display. I still have access to large generators if it comes to it.

My mandarin is FAT, Rods food for the win. He is the favorite fish of the coworkers and has become very social. My fish still recgonize StevieT and the color orange. They are def. not color blind.

inTank has consumed my life and I get to visit my tank maybe 10 mins per day. I am thinking of moving it again :angry: after I purchase a house. This way I can see it at home for many more hours and give it TLC.

Oh and for some reason I am obsessed with this picture. It is the background on all computer and blackberry including being used on my sig and newly designed website. Broing "blog" post is borning. I miss N-R during the day

atomic.jpg

Looks like a water mushroom cloud...very cool

I hear ya about wanting to move the tank...I would haha :P

you can call it the Home Max

Scott Riemer
This is what happens when I don't spend 14 hrs a day with my tank. No pictures and no action. Just a stupid post like this:

Things that this tank needs:

• Hard plumbed ATO, yes I have been topping off manually since the move. PITA especially when the ATO is set up to run perfectly, just no tube to the filtration area.
  • Hard wired electrical work for the MH lighting
  • More corals
  • Test kits organized and added to stand
  • Cord minder(s) added to electrical work on the back. Purchase from HD and paint black
  • New video taken
  • Custom acrylic filtration hider designed and made. Why did I wait to do this? I build away from my tank making it very hard to go back and forth

I did add an extra UPS to the tank. It was left over from the office move and can run a pump and heater for 1/2 day, so says the LCD display. I still have access to large generators if it comes to it.

My mandarin is FAT, Rods food for the win. He is the favorite fish of the coworkers and has become very social. My fish still recgonize StevieT and the color orange. They are def. not color blind.

inTank has consumed my life and I get to visit my tank maybe 10 mins per day. I am thinking of moving it again :angry: after I purchase a house. This way I can see it at home for many more hours and give it TLC.

slacker

J/K :mellow:

So that explains why we have been seeing alot less of you lately here on the forums. Time for a new job or for inTank to go public. Surfing the web could be considered product development and marketing.

I really can't post much at work any more but I do check in here and there.

Hopefully soon I will not be cutting many of my popular products. It is consuming all of my time. I worked 33 hours this past weekend! I want to concentrate on sales, new products, updating pictures, and shipping.

The clam did well under the stock lights but after the MH upgrade it really opened up wide.

(And I will take an orange starburst please :) )

Is that the official name of my starfish? I had never known :wacko:

No, was talking about this picture :lol:

aaa drrr. Long day Iz tell ya.

Our government sales lady that sits at that "desk" keeps them in-stock. The fish like the orange ones as well. The color of their flake and rods food is orange so they just attack it. Same with an orange pen.

I will give you a coupon code to www.mediabaskets.com you can use the savings to purchase that Tunze

YAY!!! im so buying the tunze for my self. for my b day. and im getting the 75gpd rodi plus system on bulk reef supply

so i will be all the red sea media baskets and the tunze cup. and probly that 5w light. so i can get a fuge going. it says that the cup and the media basket it back ordered.... is that true? i wont be ordering till june but just wondering.

oh and i love that pic of the water too....... crap.... laptop charger is melting again.....

oh i cant wait to get my tunze.... ive started shutting off my skimmer when im watching tv and Turing it back on when i leave..... its so nice a peaceful with it off!

Nice! Right now everything I make tends to say backorder. As soon as I make it there are already orders to fill. The average wait right now is 1-2 weeks depending on when you order. By June I may be caught back up, this is the rush of being closed for 2 months. I keep accurate inventory so that if it said in-stock you don't expect it to ship the next day.

Nice! Right now everything I make tends to say backorder. As soon as I make it there are already orders to fill. The average wait right now is 1-2 weeks depending on when you order. By June I may be caught back up, this is the rush of being closed for 2 months. I keep accurate inventory so that if it said in-stock you don't expect it to ship the next day.

cool. and if i have to wait i have to wait rite. ill just pull that back lid piece off till i get the cup. cant wait to get them btw

You just have to pull the cup out anytime you open the hood. The skimmer should fit with the stock cup it did for me

You just have to pull the cup out anytime you open the hood. The skimmer should fit with the stock cup it did for me

oh.... i only open the whole hood 1-2 times a week. for water changes and glass cleaning.

Archived