Innovative Marine Aquariums

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Hi mate.

The tank looks FANTASTIC.

What lights do you have on it right now?

And how is the deresa clam doing?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love people that defend their dumb mistakes even after admitting that they are a n00b.

I also love the excuse "I am upgrading to a larger tank later this year" If I had a media rack for every time I read that I wouldn't need to work late into the night.

Needreefunds
I love people that defend their dumb mistakes even after admitting that they are a n00b.

I also love the excuse "I am upgrading to a larger tank later this year" If I had a media rack for every time I read that I wouldn't need to work late into the night.

Stop bein' a hate- a buddy. :P

Getting settled in Steve? How is the house hunt going?

the internets if fun to fight over.

I am pretty much settled in now. I have a nice setup where I live, build and ship from the finished basement. Then cut in the garage. Not as nice as having a big shop but it will do.

I have looked at a few houses but the main focus right now is inTank and saving for a down payment. I will get more serious on the house in a few months. It sure is nice not to pay rent!

inTank, LLC will be formed on Wednesday!!!! I am so pumped, I get to watch it set up during my lunch hour(s). The business name looks open in Wisconsin, phew

Otherwise it will be StevieT, LLC d/b/a inTank. An umbrella company for all my crappy ventures I start. :lol:

Yay for LLC :)

:D

I follow the leader

I have been dreaming of this day since I was about 7 years old. I ran a paining company for 4 years and inTank but they were both sole proprietorship's and well .... yeah. I am in Tim Geithner's target now. I haz fancy accountant for 100/hr. Watch inTank prices skyrocket ;) j/k

So you're going to sell me some of your stock really really cheap, right?

you low ball your services I see

Bob the nano

Steve this is way off your present topic but the 2nd mesh bag in your intro photo's... is that LR rubble in there? is that what you meant would cause high nitares? I was gonna add about 2 pounds into my 24 NC middle sump chamber but mabye now I'll wait for you opion!

Steve this is way off your present topic but the 2nd mesh bag in your intro photo's... is that LR rubble in there? is that what you meant would cause high nitares? I was gonna add about 2 pounds into my 24 NC middle sump chamber but mabye now I'll wait for you opion!

:welcome:

No worry on the topic this thread is for whatever comes to mind.

The one with the "X" in it?

Yes that is live rock rubble. I would not recommend this as it is the same as bioballs and can and will trap detritus over time which can lead to nitrates.

Run a clean filtration setup that can be cleaned easily. Use the live rock in your display for biofiltration. A small 2 pounds in your filtration is not going to help and can only hurt.

Bob the nano

thanks steve! I currently have my bio balls and ceramic rings removed as well as the sponges.I using mountain mist poly wool and Chemi pure elite. the wool I change every 5 days and 20% PWC weekly with reef crystals I guess I'll just leave it as it is for now! I was told by a fellow reefer about the stock stuff being a nitrate factory! :eek:

Looks like you are doing everything correctly! nice work

Do you have a picture of your tank?

Bob the nano
Looks like you are doing everything correctly! nice work

I'm not sure about that steve.... :P alot of the info I got was from reading posts on this forum :bowdown:

how do you feel about the small nano skimmers from sapphire aquatics? I know you upgraded your skimmer and the 24NC's don't have them at all. I'm still on the fence about them. with the frequncy of water changes and nitrate reading of between 0.5 and 0. I'm not sure if the investment is woth it? I know some sware by them. I don't have many corals yet and and all are softies.

if I can figure out how to post some shots I will!

Archived