ReefCleaners.org

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
noobofreefs

Stevie-

Man it looks like I missed out on quite a bit of change in your tank. It looks great! All your coral looks amazing and I'm going to have to read through on all the changes you've done since I was on here, but it looks like they're all working out well. The mandarin is beautiful btw.

NOR

Love the tank Stevie!!! :D Been following for a year now ... everything you have done is just great!!! :D Love all those SPS you have in there!!!

-David

Thank you Stevie for the package. Jeesh, were you expecting that thing to be handles by mail carriers who could care less of the contents? Packing must be 50% of your material costs. Thanks again. I look forward to using it.

Thank you Stevie for the package. Jeesh, were you expecting that thing to be handles by mail carriers who could care less of the contents? Packing must be 50% of your material costs. Thanks again. I look forward to using it.

Enjoy the items. I pride myself on superior packing. It really doesn't take much just some care. Damaged product is expensive, just a little effort when packing goes a long way.

Thanks again

Stevie-

Man it looks like I missed out on quite a bit of change in your tank. It looks great! All your coral looks amazing and I'm going to have to read through on all the changes you've done since I was on here, but it looks like they're all working out well. The mandarin is beautiful btw.

NOR

what up NOR, thanks for checking in.

Love the tank Stevie!!! :D Been following for a year now ... everything you have done is just great!!! :D Love all those SPS you have in there!!!

-David

Thank you David. Purchased a new SPS coral tonight and a blasto. First new coarls in a long time.

Hey Stevie since your still on line let me bounce a quick question off you. What orientation do I install the rack? Closed sides to the left and right? Which orientation do I put the bracing? Towards the front or back of the tank? I plan on mounting my Tunze to the rack. Do you still have yours set up that way?

noobofreefs
what up NOR, thanks for checking in.

Well, under the current circumstances I have a lot more free time than normal so I figured I'd come and check up on nano-reef. Gotta keep an eye on you and make sure your not murdering any fish. ;)

Plus finding a mantis in my tank made me want to come back as well.

I never had my Tunze mounted to the media rack, the tunze came before the media rack was built.

In the directions included there is only one way to mount the rack in the tank. The branding (stickers) will face the electrical pannel. One side of bracing is set back, that is to allow a piece that sicks out of the intake grate to slide through. That side that is set back faces the intake grate.

Please see directions included for further instruction or visit the rack thread here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=154669

Well, under the current circumstances I have a lot more free time than normal so I figured I'd come and check up on nano-reef. Gotta keep an eye on you and make sure your not murdering any fish. ;)

Plus finding a mantis in my tank made me want to come back as well.

oh noes. I hope it doesn't involve any unemployment, arn't you still in school? I try not to murder anything except during hunting season.

Boil that mantis up nom nom nom

noobofreefs
oh noes. I hope it doesn't involve any unemployment, arn't you still in school? I try not to murder anything except during hunting season.

Boil that mantis up nom nom nom

Yep i'm still in school, I just fractured my back though so I can't do much.

That recipe on here actually sounded pretty tempting...

Anyways how's that metal halide lighting been working out for you

Hey Steve, I see that you got new corals. Do you have a LFS you buy them from or do you get them online? If online where?

Bruce

Needreefunds
..... Purchased a new SPS coral tonight and a blasto. First new coarls in a long time.

We have to take your word for it, or do we get to see dem? :unsure:

:P looking forward to some pichers bud. ;)

:)

Yep i'm still in school, I just fractured my back though so I can't do much.

That recipe on here actually sounded pretty tempting...

Anyways how's that metal halide lighting been working out for you

Oh wow that is a bummer! The MH light is awesome, I just love it.

Hey Steve, I see that you got new corals. Do you have a LFS you buy them from or do you get them online? If online where?

Bruce

There is a LFS in the Milwaukee area that I like to visit. We were wasting time yesterday and paid it a visit. They had nice frags so I went ahead and treated the tank. They are only the 5th and 6th coral in my tank that came from a LFS.

We have to take your word for it, or do we get to see dem? :unsure:

my corals, not your corals.

Pics to come, mounted the SPS today (OAR blue voodoo stag)

ora-blue-voodoo-staghorn.jpg

ora-purple-plasma-staghorn-2.jpg

Stevie- how tight is that rack supposed to fit inside the rear chamber? I got it in but I feel like it will never come out. I put the label towards the electrical box per your directions. It is an extremely tight fit. Maybe that is what makes it so good because it forces all the water thru the media? How far down? Thanks.

It will fit tight but it should be able to be removed by just pulling up on it. It will rest on glass strips on the bottom that the stock skimmer sat on. Check to make sure your skimmer grate is in the correct position. Sometimes it can pop out of place and catch on the media rack.

It's in and I have to give you credit for the tolerances. Not much room for error. I have no skimmer gate as my 130D uses the overflow cup and the piece where the gate usually is found on the 130 is just perforated/vented. I got it in and pushed it nearly all the way down. The problem is that the right rear corner of the tank (looking at it from the front) has a bead of caulk all the way down the rear chamber and the piece of glass separating the electrical box. I will chamfer that edge of the box when I pull it out.

Nice work Stevie T, can u show us another 10 000 pic's, pleeeeaze?

edit: BTW are u coming to french class in the member gallery?

I will get right on the next 10,000 pictures.

Yes I would like to join I need to learn a little French to talk to RSM owners. I feel bad when all I can type is Merci

It's in and I have to give you credit for the tolerances. Not much room for error. I have no skimmer gate as my 130D uses the overflow cup and the piece where the gate usually is found on the 130 is just perforated/vented. I got it in and pushed it nearly all the way down. The problem is that the right rear corner of the tank (looking at it from the front) has a bead of caulk all the way down the rear chamber and the piece of glass separating the electrical box. I will chamfer that edge of the box when I pull it out.

I give myself about 1-2mm, not much but it has to be tight to make the system work. They are all checked over before I ship and basically built in a jig so they have to be the same coming out. You may have a little more silicone than other tanks, I have also run into a very low % of RSM tanks that are not exactly built "straight" and are 2mm thinner than 98% of the other tanks. My money is on the silicone, sorry it didn't just drop in for you.

What do you feed your corals with?

Light and water changes. They also eat rods food same as my fish.

How long do you turn the skimmer and pump off for?

My skimmer runs 24/7, I rarely turn it off unless I am doing maintenance beyond a water change.

And what time of the day is best?

Time for what? Skimmer or feeding?

Needreefunds
wat

pix of da corals purchased prz

Not your corals , his corals. ;)

my corals, not your corals.

^^^ see? ^^^

Archived