Pod Your Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Strange week for the fish ... and the keepers.

Was originally thinking it was Night of the Purple Firefish Comet....but this kinda expands the pool....

Attack of the Fish Killing Comets?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your bystander Fish CPR card is in the mail....

Good job StevieT!

Only you would think of documenting the entire event with pictures!!

Of corse I run for the camera and start taking pictures right away. He is looking very normal now, and was ready to flush him. He must have took a good wack on the head cause he was out of it for a good 10-15 mins.

I have never really loved that fish but he came from my old tank so I would hate to see him die.

Attack of the Fish Killing Comets?

I am starting to think so, that or the moon is going crazy. It was a good thing I was in the office at the time, I don't think he would have made it without the "cpr"

OK. finally got thru the 65 pages! Thanks for all of your help offline Stevie! I am sold! Just waiting to sell of the last parts of my 120gal failed attempts at a reef!

I still am sorting through most of the posts trying to figure out what most of the acronyms mean...GPS, LPS, SPS...etc. If anyone has any of these translations or pictures for an idiot like me, it would be appreciated.

I changed my bulbs this morning, thanks Hazmat!

Last change was 5-5-2008 todays change was 11-18-2008

I love the look of fresh bright bulbs, what a difference!

clownfish1124

The koralia, even though disgusting, is so old! I can't believe people are still talking about it...

So stevie, save any other fish from the freezer lately?

Dude, congrats on the website! Looks good!

Thanks, I finally spent some time and built it, I had the thing purchased since June!!!!

It is a work in progress, but it is such an easier way for customers to order products.

Well the fish that I gave CPR last week kicked the bucket probably yesterday. I am sure he had another incident, and since I was gone hunting I wasn't around to save him. He has become a meal for my CUC. Time to shop for two new fish this Friday.

I may as well do an update while I am at it:

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_8109.jpg

IMG_8110.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8108.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

F your Monday night football. Stupid Packers :angry: Talk about defense on both sides not showing up last night.

No worries on the fish, he was pretty old and now I get to go shopping again! My bioload is super low right now.

:lol: no way. I have seen it all over reefcentral too. Good thing I put that StevieT in there. I should make another, something a little better, those were the good ole' days when I had time to waste at work :)

I may have to upgrade my photobucket account to pro soon. Every month I get closer and closer to my bandwith limit, I am sure that picture doesn't help.

Hey Stevie, I'm about to buy a RedSea Max but can't decide whether to spend the extra money on the 130D or just stick with the 130. Any thoughts between the two tanks? Thanks!

Hey Stevie, I'm about to buy a RedSea Max but can't decide whether to spend the extra money on the 130D or just stick with the 130. Any thoughts between the two tanks? Thanks!

:welcome:

There is a lot of talk about about this subject if you read back. Personally I do not see anything impressive about it. I would get the 130, use that extra money to upgrade to the Tunze 9002. I see that the 130D is quite spendy, and you virtually get the same tank, with the same chamber of death, same underperformanced skimmer, and almost same lighting.

You do get a cool intake skimmer grate, and digital timer. Wow, cool ;)

Personally, I have not seen the tank in person, and I should wait to judge untilt that time, but from all the lituratue and talking to others that have concidered it, you don't get much for the extra cash.

StevieT, i was wondering are you still running the stock lighting? i can see all your sps and clam are looking nice and healthy

read back noob, this has been asked like 50 gagillion times.

:P

yes, I am, fully stock with the magical RSM bulbs.

Archived