Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canon SD750 point and shoot. You can tell from the first pictures on this thread and comparing them to the latest ones, I have figured out that the manual settings are your friend.

Imo I don't see much improvements with the 130D, being a max owner for a few months now, I know there' s a lot more room for improvement over what is proposed with the 130D ie there's a chamber of death again...

some ideas : automatic feeding system in the hood, hqi lightning, individual timer for pump skimmer lightning, media rack, sump in cabinet, better water ventilation, chiller, etc.

I agree, but be quiet! Don't give Red Sea any ideas, it keeps others in business

I can't see them adding any more on to their tanks, just look what happened when they added a little piece of plastic to the intake area, the price increased $100+

I agree, but be quiet! Don't give Red Sea any ideas, it keeps others in business

I can't see them adding any more on to their tanks, just look what happened when they added a little piece of plastic to the intake area, the price increased $100+

Obviously, the skimmer should have been the first change. Improve skimming ability and making it smaller so that a StevieT media rack can fit while running the stock skimmer.

pretty nasty right? It is mainly because I feed with rods food, and leave that pump on during feeding to circulate it around to all corals. I will take better care of the new one by opening and cleaning it before the coralline algae cements it in.

So it looks like my purple firefish is a gonner. I haven't seen him in over a week. He is not in my rear chambers, no body, CUC must have picked him clean. Poor little guy, but now I have room for a new fish, what to get.....

pretty nasty right? It is mainly because I feed with rods food, and leave that pump on during feeding to circulate it around to all corals. I will take better care of the new one by opening and cleaning it before the coralline algae cements it in.

So it looks like my purple firefish is a gonner. I haven't seen him in over a week. He is not in my rear chambers, no body, CUC must have picked him clean. Poor little guy, but now I have room for a new fish, what to get.....

Dang, thats like 3 lost purple firefish this week posted on nano-reef! Sorry to hear about yours as well. I hope mine doesnt follow the trend. Look forward to seeing your replacement.

wow, you're right, I saw that Hank lost one last week. Strange. I really liked that fish, I may get another one, or something else. I haven't put much though into it really, but next time I am a LFS I will have a look around.

Watch, I get a new fish and he magically appears again. :lol:

wow, you're right, I saw that Hank lost one last week. Strange. I really liked that fish, I may get another one, or something else. I haven't put much though into it really, but next time I am a LFS I will have a look around.

Watch, I get a new fish and he magically appears again. :lol:

Steve, what are the different fish you have these days?

Exactly!

I can't believe they kept the chamber of death, honestly who over in Europe is thinking that was a great idea?

Today, I think the best plug&play nano reef tank is from Elos. If I was in the business I would be happy to work on a new production starting from scratch, we have our own experience and I believe we know what is missing today in a RSM.

What annoys me the most today with my rsm, is to shut down manually every day some of the equipment during food distribution when I know a timer could do it for me, but it's not really possible to use some as most of the cables are going on the tank side and there's no way to put a timer in it. I don't want to have cables running everywhere to the back and under the tank

Coral Beauty

Pajama Cardinal

Darwin B&W Clown

Yellow watchman

Peppermint shrimp

Hammer Head Shark

Good call on the Hammer Head, I hear the Blues might be too big for our RSMs.

OK, this one was a little bizarre. Just about 10 minutes ago I was sitting at my desk doing some work, and I hear a loud noise come from my tank. I look over and my pajama cardinal is freaking out swimming upside down. Then he just starts floating and making seizure movements.

So I quick get up and get the net out, since I hate to have a fish die in my rear area where I can't access and raise my nitrate levels. Get him out, put him in a cup and observe. He is upside down, barely breathing basically not looking too hot.

I massage his sides a little, observe and it looks like a small gash in his head. So either he freaked out and ran into something, or he got nailed by the koralia. I take him out of the cup, let him get blasted by the koralia for a bit, still nothing. Back in the cup. Out again and try the koralia one more time. After a quick blast he starts to come back, so I let him go still prepared to fish him back out. He is upright and swimming on its own.

I allow him to venture back out and he swims away fine. He is in the tank now being his normal retard self, he keeps coming to the glass which he never does, maybe he is saying thank you.

We will see if it lasts the night, if not that will be two fish lost in the past two weeks. Very strange afternoon, I have saved FW fish in the past by doing the same thing, it is basically CPR for a fish, the blast forces water into it's gills, I have done it with a pond fish before, that involved a hose.

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8025.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

not looking so hot at this point

IMG_8030.jpg

Swimming on it's own

IMG_8034.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

So far so good

IMG_8038.jpg