Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's on here somewhere, the first page has what it was before I switched, but here ya go.

A few versions, I don't even know what I was thinking since I have had nice FW tanks forever.

This is the start of everything, I set up the Eclipse with all the crap that came with it, what a mess huh?!

CIMG1464.jpg

This is after I found N-R and realized I need live rock. Are you digging the fake corals?! :lol:

best_tank.jpg

[/b]

Right before my switch to the RSM

IMG_1180.jpg

Today

IMG_7789.jpg

Oh

My

God

I am so glad I found this site before I set up our first tank.

OTOH, you did have a lot more room for improvement! :haha:

Back to Wikipedia... I looked up StevieT and came up empty handed.

-hank

love the mix of the freshwater plants with those bright flower corals???

oh and i have to comment on the giant turbo A$$ suctioned right smack in the middle of your RSM FTS!!! :lol:

it's on here somewhere, the first page has what it was before I switched, but here ya go.

A few versions, I don't even know what I was thinking since I have had nice FW tanks forever.

This is the start of everything, I set up the Eclipse with all the crap that came with it, what a mess huh?!

CIMG1464.jpg

Where's the treasure chest that opens with the bubbles?

You know, all you needed to add to this tank is ChemiPure - it changes fake stuff to real!

I don't have any clue what I was thinking. I had some pretty sweet Freshwater tanks in the past, and at the time I had that amazing SW tank. The Eclipse was by far the worst tank I have ever owned, but it makes for a nice timeline of progress! Thank you N-R, I learn quickly.

You know, all you needed to add to this tank is ChemiPure - it changes fake stuff to real!

I know that NOW!!!! :angry:

:lol:

Stevie your thread is almost #1 on here in views.

I however believe it is the best thread. you have alot of great info on here

Stevie your thread is almost #1 on here in views.

I however believe it is the best thread. you have alot of great info on here

do you know where to point me to find that info out? It is very interesting, and thank you!

Ok, so after 13 months it was time to change out the Koralia. I could tell the flow was decreased and the pictures explain it all. Factoring in the time to clean this puppy out, I would have lost more money than gained. At a cost of $32 it just made sense. But I do miss the purple coralline, the clean look reminds me of last year when this tank was just beginning.

Yummy Pics:

IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_7952.jpg

IMG_7953.jpg

IMG_7954.jpg

It took me about 5 minutes to get the cover off, the coralline was about 2mm - 3mm thick in most areas.

Ok, so after 13 months it was time to change out the Koralia. I could tell the flow was decreased and the pictures explain it all. Factoring in the time to clean this puppy out, I would have lost more money than gained. At a cost of $32 it just made sense. But I do miss the purple coralline, the clean look reminds me of last year when this tank was just beginning.

Yummy Pics:

It took me about 5 minutes to get the cover off, the coralline was about 2mm - 3mm thick in most areas.

Dang! Looks like you were making spinach smoothies....

CIMG1464.jpg

OMG :lol::lol::lol:

stop it ! You don't have the right to make people laugh when they are at work ! :D :D

ps : have you ever changed your stock bulbs ? I was thinking to move to the Arcadia Marine PC, just hope the size is the same as the stock rsm bulbs

No, I got the message in before you did the PS.

I have changed my bulbs, but went with the stock ones again. I am due for another change soon and probably will stay with the same, I don't want to risk the SPS.

Other RSM owners have gone with other PC bulbs to get a different color spectrum. Just watch the length. You may loose some intensity but it can be done. A 65W PC bulb will work, they even admit to it on Red Sea's website.

thanks Steve ;)

Length is the issue, I can't googlefind the actual stock light length before I order new ones maybe from a different company but I keep searching for it.

thanks Steve ;)

Length is the issue, I can't googlefind the actual stock light length before I order new ones maybe from a different company but I keep searching for it.

Just measured mine, with the pins they are about 20" long. I think you can find 18" PCs to work if you like. There is a thread on here discussing the lighting options, I will do a quick search

here, read this one:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=147603

thanks Steve ;)

For some information on the bulbs, check out AH Supply. They list the 55W PC bulb as 21.1-5" (which I think means 21.1" to 21.5") and I'm 99.5% certain these are the same size as the RSM bulbs. In fact, they list a bulb that is 50/50 10000K/Actinic like the RSM bulb. (Their item #15519) I bought one of these to retrofit a hood for my QT tank and side by side with the RSM lights, the color is a lot yellower looking. My point - and I do have one - is that you probably have to actually try out bulbs to see what they look like. (Maybe that was a bigger surprise to me than it would be to you.) I'll probably stay with the stock RSM bulbs when it's time to replace because that's what StevieT uses and they work.

-hank

Archived