Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

< ------ ONE YEAR UPDATE ONE PAGE BACK WITH PROGRESSIVE PICTURES

One of many updates.

As you see my clam is moving around. Today I put it back on it's orginal spot where it is staying for the time being. We will see where it likes.

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

IMG_7792.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7800.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

IMG_7819.jpg

IMG_7820.jpg

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_7822.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7827.jpg

IMG_7828.jpg

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great! Good job with the SPS!

I totally just want to stick my hand in your cabinet and knock everything over lol! :P

OCD FTMFW!!! :lol:

Sorry... I have it as well!!!

Looks great! Good job with the SPS!

I totally just want to stick my hand in your cabinet and knock everything over lol! :P

go ahead :D , I rarely use anything in there but the refractor and the two part solution on the bottom.

I like stuff organized, guess I'm the odd ball out here

MOAR!!!!!!

serious, I took a lot of pictures tonight before doing the acrylic thing, fun when you are still at work at 10pm.

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7839.jpg

IMG_7844.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_7853.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

IMG_7858.jpg

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

IMG_7866.jpg

IMG_7867.jpg

Very nice set up! the tank looks fantastic :)

Whats the list on the left there? I wish underneath my tank looked that organized..mines is a hot mess

Very nice set up! the tank looks fantastic :)

Whats the list on the left there? I wish underneath my tank looked that organized..mines is a hot mess

The list is the magnesium testing results for a sailfert testing kit. Basically tells you what your level is per drops in the test.

here, how I have my testing cards organized on my door:

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7918.jpg

IMG_7915.jpg

some of the above and all of these were taken underwater

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7873.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7876.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7878.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7881.jpg

IMG_7885.jpg

IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7890.jpg

Why Hello there

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

IMG_7912.jpg

IMG_7914.jpg

IMG_7787.jpg

You need to go home from work already lol.

I have severe OCD about some things, other stuff doesnt bother me. I am a totaly neat freak and germaphobe. My cabinet looks the same as yours, I just like to mess up other peoples stuff lol to pretend I am not OCD.

Awesome pics! Are you still growing those SPS under stock lighting?

gotcha! But you come mess it up and you owe me a water change :D

Yep, still stock lights, it is amazing how well the stuff grows under them. Well I have no experience with MH, but it looks like good growth to me. I have seen faster growth in the mid to later parts of this year, but I have tuned in dosing and that has greatly helped.

Yep, dosing is everything for SPS growth.

Really nice job showing what can be done with good husbandry and without MH. The colors are not bad at all either.

serious, I took a lot of pictures tonight before doing the acrylic thing, fun when you are still at work at 10pm.

I better not find out yer still at work at 10pm working on MY acrylic.... I'm not in a rush!

Seriously nice looking setup....and the tank looks good too!

mrn

Looking great!

Examining your FTS pics shows a noticeable growth spurt that started between the May 2008 and June 2008 images (and had continued since then). Did you change additives during that period or do something else that could explain the change?

I've been adding a bunch of SPS frags, so I'll have to get more consistent with additives. Is C-Balance the obvious way to go, or should I also look at other options?

My local club members can't believe the results we all get with the stock RSM lights. Most are still using high wattage metal halides (of course they have much larger tanks) but they're starting to move to T5's. It's nice to be ahead of the crowd!

Hey Jim-

I noticed the same in the pictures and I can pin it down to one thing. C-Ballance. Or for that matter any two part solution. I started dosing twice a week around March/April and you can see the growth starting just after that.

I am now up to every 2-3 days with growth the corals are consuming more.

Before I was doing weekly water changes and not dosing as often, but after some regular testing to caculate when my calc. drops (how many days until under 420) things really took off.

Love it stevie.

PS, did you really keep track of how many gallons of water you used? (dork)

yep, I sure did! I downloaded ReefCon before starting this tank, and have always kept track of all maintenance and most livestock. So that ment recording the date and amount of every water change. Then you can print a report, do the math and post er up on N-R :D It does come in handy, sometimes when you get busy and don't do that weekly water change, you want to remember when you did it last.

Or when was the last time you changed your bulbs, chemi pure, etc...

Steve

Very nice tank it gives me hope for mine lol. I love the Darwin clown I have a pair of them and they are so small. Your tank is an inspiration I am sure to many.

Thank you. But what do you mean by a Darwin clownfish? That would be the first time I have herd a B&W clown called that, unless you see something I don't.

It is called a Darwin because they are cought off the Darwin coast in Australia. Also they are different than the B&W. Darwins keep their orand faces and the aqucultered B&W do not. As far as I know no-one knows why this happends. If the face is orange that means they are wild cought, or wild Caught and tank raised.

I did alot of relentless research on these little guys. I alsways wanted clown fish but I like things that are rare. It makes them special to me. Unfortunatley rare ussually means expensive in this hobby I find lol.

Here are my little pair Female 1 1/2" and male 3/4". They are so cute and busy. They swim all over my tank and never let me get a good picture

post-39211-1224597168_thumb.jpg

Hey StevieT, I'm pretty sure I've already said it, but congrats again on hitting the 1 year mark :D

The tank is looking fantastic! I can't wait till I get my RSM looking like this :D

Khayman, thanks for that info!!! I had no idea but it makes sense now that I think about it. The orange face is the key, as I have seen B&W clowns, that are just that, very dark black. I learn something new here all the time. I love that clown, but I wish I would have gotten a pair now. haha not bad for a petco fish huh?! :D ($40)

Hey StevieT, I'm pretty sure I've already said it, but congrats again on hitting the 1 year mark :D

The tank is looking fantastic! I can't wait till I get my RSM looking like this :D

Thank you! I am sure it won't be long

Well congrats on the tank StevieT. Without you, where would all RSM owners be?????? Dealing with nitrates and microbubbles. Hahahahaha. Nice color on the montipora spongodes. How long have you had it? Is that a frag rack I see in there?

Thanks again for all the help!

Nice! Thanks for your help.

-George

Steve what computer prgram is this. Is it sensors in your tank? If so where did you buy it.

Archived