Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice looking tank. Mine's been running 3 months. Are you having good luck keeping the SPS under stock lighting?

I was a little concerned at first about the lighting but so far so good. I have them as close to the lighting as I can get them and they are doing great. I have new growth on both pieces so it looks like the stock lighting is sufficent to keep SPS.

I love tha tsoftware are you using the pro version?

I really like using it. It makes it so much easier to see water quality issues and you can track your expenses to the cent! If you keep up on it I believe that your tank can remain healthier. I dont' think I am using the Pro version, it looks like you have to pay for that. I am using whatever verison was free.

Beautiful setup and nice corals! I think it's gonna' bring in more good energy to your office and business! I'm very curious about your prior tank setup --Eclipse 12-- did you have to change the lighting on it and was the bio-wheel sufficient? What else were require to have it up running successfully? Your pics of setup is great for beginners like me. Thanks for the thread and keep up the good work w/ Red Sea Max! :)...is there a way to a copy of the software? :huh: thanks.

Beautiful setup and nice corals! I think it's gonna' bring in more good energy to your office and business! I'm very curious about your prior tank setup --Eclipse 12-- did you have to change the lighting on it and was the bio-wheel sufficient? What else were require to have it up running successfully? Your pics of setup is great for beginners like me. Thanks for the thread and keep up the good work w/ Red Sea Max! :)...is there a way to a copy of the software? :huh: thanks.
Thank you. It really looks a lot more professional in my office than my Eclipse 12 did. I upgraded that tank to the MAX. I added a 96W 50/50 retro and a 32w actinic only in the hood. Took out the stock filtration and ran a fluval 105 canister filter. Added a remora nano skimmer. It was a good tank but messing with the equipment became a pain and i bit the bullet and got my office max!you can download the software herehttp://www.infinitysoft.net/ReefCon/
Wow great job looking really nice I like the software you are using to trak your parameters, did you like the corals from sealifeinc.
Thank you. The software really helps me visualize problems before they kill anything. I was very impressed with the corals from sealifeinc.com I will buy from them agian soon before It gets too cold to ship to Illinois.
Any updates?
Not at this time. After my clown caught brook, I'm sure I bought it with this disease, I am letting my tank detoix before buying any more fish. My corals and other fish seem to be fine. I have nice coraline growing eveywhere and all corals have nice new growth. I will post any pictures when update become available.
may i ask if your the guy who sent a comment back to limpitsreef...?? :happy:

I don't think so..... what was the comment regarding????

dude..i think i was wrong about you anyway..just drop by into youtube and type this 'corals at low tide fiji'after doing that you will see a couple of comments below the video ..and the guy who sent that commment have the exact name stevieT :happy: well i thought you were the guy who posted that..anyway sorry again..before going ..i would just say its best for you to check limpitsreef on you tube..(he uses this name) he does lot's of videos..try out some videos on coral propagation..

dude..i think i was wrong about you anyway..just drop by into youtube and type this 'corals at low tide fiji'after doing that you will see a couple of comments below the video ..and the guy who sent that commment have the exact name stevieT :happy: well i thought you were the guy who posted that..anyway sorry again..before going ..i would just say its best for you to check limpitsreef on you tube..(he uses this name) he does lot's of videos..try out some videos on coral propagation..
aaaaaaaa on youtube.. Yep that was me. I try and get StevieT as a name everywhere. Since I was an early member of youtube i snatched it up quick! That was a cool video. He does a good job and travels to cool places. After over 760 posts here i get lost on names sometimes....

hey your rocks and back wall dont look like they have much coraline on them... you should really look into getting some Purple Up.... :lol:

kidding

tank looks great... and great yumas too

hahah, very funny!!!!! I know a guy that sells some if your interested !!! Yumas came from PetCo !!!! go figure.

New goby

IMG_2059.jpg

Nice Caps!!!! I love the splash of light you get on your wall. You need some plants for accent too !

Cliffhanger: I know most say no starfish, but i figured I would try....

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

is that an albino hermit?

I don't know...... He is whiter than the other common hermit I have in the tank. I have had him for some time now, he came from my old tank. Is there such a thing?

HeyLookItsCaps

i dont know, ive just never seen a white one. ive seen blue, red, orange, brown, black, green.....but never white. thats a unique guy you got there

I added him about three weeks ago now, whenever I bought from reefscavengers. But I just took those pictures. He spent two weeks in a cave and didn't move an inch. They say very reefsafe yet it may eat snails/crabs if i don't feed him properly..... It may not have been the best buy but i'm impulsive sometimes

i dont know, ive just never seen a white one. ive seen blue, red, orange, brown, black, green.....but never white. thats a unique guy you got there
Thanks, hes a cruiser too, i think he takes 50+ laps around every inch daily. I have blue red and brown crabs, i guess he's the white guy of the bunch... I try to keep it multi cultural, I don't need the ACLU on my a$$
lmfao. call him speed racer and paint a 5 on his shell haha

NICE!!! love the idea, i thought it would be cool to put "fancy" shells in the tank. Have one all pimped out with gold and a pimp hat....

I think I need to put some Atlas Copco logos on some shells, then I could expense the entire tank under "marketing/trade shows"

hahaha, best ideas on this forum i swear.

Thanks... haha

Uh Oh... put in another order in from sealifeinc....... we'll see the updates soon !!! It's becoming great coral shipping weather and all that will end soon cause it snows in illinoisssssss ( the S is not silent ).

Archived