Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hank, I actually came across your post on these during my search, I see you didn't get any replies :( very interesting that they have 55W PCs. The dimentions look perfect.

The only thing, Phullbrick is in France.

Every time I read your thread I get more and more tempted to ditch the picotope and buy a RSM.

dooooooooo it. or keep both!

Stevie,

How much of this tank do you think you've modded?

I know a lot of people on here have asked for advice on an AIO with the least amount of modding necessary. In percentages maybe, what amount is still stock?

well how much % does the skimmer include?

Here are my mods

Tunze 9002

StevieT media basket

StevieT skimmer cup

JBJ ATO

Koralia #2

Upped the voltage on my extra fan

Upgraded heater (stock one isn't accurate enough)

Hydro rotating deflector

Honestly this thing is pretty much stock, everything else I did was to make my life easier. You "could" run this tank stock, but the skimmer isn't worth a darn, and as you know water changes make up for that. The flow is a little weak for SPS, but others could be run stock.

Stock lighting is good, that is a plus

well how much % does the skimmer include?

Here are my mods

Tunze 9002

StevieT media basket

StevieT skimmer cup

JBJ ATO

Koralia #2

Upped the voltage on my extra fan

Upgraded heater (stock one isn't accurate enough)

Hydro rotating deflector

Honestly this thing is pretty much stock, everything else I did was to make my life easier. You "could" run this tank stock, but the skimmer isn't worth a darn, and as you know water changes make up for that. The flow is a little weak for SPS, but others could be run stock.

Stock lighting is good, that is a plus

That's actually not bad! i thought you had modded the heck out of it like other people with RSM's.

Never understood why they would buy such an expensive tank and then replace the lighting, skimmer, fans, plugs, back chambers, pumps......

Nice work!

That's actually not bad! i thought you had modded the heck out of it like other people with RSM's.

Never understood why they would buy such an expensive tank and then replace the lighting, skimmer, fans, plugs, back chambers, pumps......

Nice work!

I feel the same way. I have about $2500+ in this tank, I know MH is the best but look what I did with the stock lighting. Not to mention the risk of a chiller, that is another grand, screw that I have media racks and skimmer cups to make not money to burn :)

I love the tank, there were some downfalls but the look of it just makes up for eveything, not to mention I get to look at it for about 13-15 hours every day.

You think those mods are impressive? Just wait till the 250 hits. ;) Twice the space = twice the number of requisite projects.

no kidding. I am very interested in seeing this thing in real life. The cost, well it is insane but it is much larger. $1400! I wonder how many we will see on N-R. All I know is that if there can be a media rack option, I may have to get those dimentions :lol:

The tank does look pretty bad ass from all the vids I see, well the few that are leaked.

Hi

Just bought a White Marine and Blue Actinic (straight pins) from Arcadia yesterday and it fits very well in the RSM. Both are 21" long and it's not a problem at all to use them as a new lightning.

Unfortunately the white tube didn't work and I need to send it back to the seller, so I can't tell you how it looks compared to the RSM light stock.

I feel the same way. I have about $2500+ in this tank, I know MH is the best but look what I did with the stock lighting. Not to mention the risk of a chiller, that is another grand, screw that I have media racks and skimmer cups to make not money to burn :)

I love the tank, there were some downfalls but the look of it just makes up for eveything, not to mention I get to look at it for about 13-15 hours every day.

That's one of the reasons i went with my biocube. I loved the RSM but by the time i was ready to buy, the price had gone up another few hundred. And at the time they were having issues, (tho i believe everything has already been fixed in the new ones being manufactured). I couldn't plop down all that money.

although i have to say, the big ones are looking incredible!! If only.........

I have a question,

How about I create a sump that has a pump that pumps water from the tank into he sump and then back up to the tank. The sump is a sealed container that is for water volume and nothing more. I figure I could build a ten to twenty gallon container. The question is will this work? a sealed container as a sump. The idea is like a very large media reactor?

Thanks

Donn

sure, some have created sumps for the RSM. I don't know if a gravity fead flow system is best or pumping it in then back out. I don't have any direct threads I can think of for reference but a search may help here or on reefcentral.

nano-reef.com/search

i will keep my eye our for you.

StevieT for President ! :D

Steve, here is my tank latest video, you may find it interesting as your part of it with your advices and the terrific Media Rack ! ;)http://la-comte.net/blog/?p=285

I now put my floss on the first shelf, I think it's easier to change it every 2 or 3 days without removing the whole rack.

Wow, that video is very professional, I was really impressed! Thank you for sharing, your tank looks better than ever :D

The floss is best on top, makes for easier changes.

Ok, no better place to break the 10,001 post but on my own thread with 10x that amount in views.

At 10,000 posts, do ya automagically become an modtubulator of this place?

Congrats!

Wow, that video is very professional, I was really impressed! Thank you for sharing, your tank looks better than ever :D

The floss is best on top, makes for easier changes.

Thanks Steve ;)

I move slowly as I'm learning for the 1st time how to keep a tank (never had one before).

Yes I feel the floss is better placed on the very first shelf, I can put more without having water flow issue.

I think next year, if the economic crisis didn't kill us before -_- I'll go for a larger tank around 100 gallons (380 liters) :P

Congrats!

haha, no, no you don't. I'm not a big enough dick to be a mod :o:lol:

Thanks Steve ;)

I move slowly as I'm learning for the 1st time how to keep a tank (never had one before).

Yes I feel the floss is better placed on the very first shelf, I can put more without having water flow issue.

I think next year, if the economic crisis didn't kill us before -_- I'll go for a larger tank around 100 gallons (380 liters) :P

woooo larger tank!!! I would love one just to have more room and some larger fish, but no time right now to upgrade, I still enjoy my RSM.

Have you seen the 250 yet? Is it released in France?

Have you seen the 250 yet? Is it released in France?

not yet Steve, but I think I'll rather work on a customized solution with a local shop. Apart his design, the RSM was a good deal to educate myself to this new hobbie before to move to the next step with confidence. B)

ps : congrats for your new President people, France had all his eyes over USA this (long) night :wub:

I'm sure he now has special powers that will be revealed at the appropriate time. :ninja:

StevieT congrats on reaching this point. Did posts in the lounge count? :haha:

haha, yeah they do count, 26% of my post are in the lounge, so I still have 74% of all posts relating to fish and wet water

Archived