inTank Media Baskets

Canadian BioCube14

HoomHow

FIrtst of all I love your tank! I was wondering if you are still using your hood lights though or if you upgraded and where did you get all of those wonderfull zoa frags?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Nick! Yes, I am still using my BioCube lights (although I did buy the tank upgraded with the 3x24w PC bulbs) As for the zoos, I bought them all from local traders! :-)

And now for a quick update ... :D

FTS - Sept 2, 2008

P9020209.jpg

Overall, I am pretty darn happy with how things are turning out ... It has almost been one year, and boy have I learned a lot!

Just recently I have replaced my 3x24w PC bulbs (a 10K, 50/50, and Actinic - all Coralife) and purchased a brand new coco worm ... for $15!!! Go StingRayBay!

P9020203.jpg

Thanks for tagging along!

Looking really great in there hoomhow ! - is your worm your first filter feeder? I got a coco a while ago, and its doing great but the additioanl feeding of phyto has resulted in the need for more frequent W/Cs and some nuisance algae

One other question for you, what is that chicken wire looking mesh at the top of your tank for?

One other question for you, what is that chicken wire looking mesh at the top of your tank for?

It is plastic gutter protection and it is there to prevent my over active fish from jumping to their deaths in the back chambers ... Tarzan and Jane are my 3 and 4th clowns ... Tic and Tac jumped the barrier and got sucked into the MJ900 :o

It is plastic gutter protection and it is there to prevent my over active fish from jumping to their deaths in the back chambers ... Tarzan and Jane are my 3 and 4th clowns ... Tic and Tac jumped the barrier and got sucked into the MJ900 :o

oh thats right, good move on the mesh !!

• 1 year later...

Ok ... it has been WAY too long since my last update. It looks like about 1 year and 2 months or so. Ugh. My apologizes! Boy has it been an interesting year.

My son is now 14months old (which coincides pretty much with my last post -- go figure LOL) :lol:

My tank WAS thriving, so much so that I was able to sell off some frags of my mushrooms, sinularia, yellow polyps and some of the zoos and palys. Apprently I didn't frag and sell my sinularia fast enough because it grew way too big and ended up leaning and touching my fuzzy green mushrooms. Of course, they battled, the fuzzy green shrooms lost, melted and caused havoc in my tank.

Luckily, I close reefer was able to take in most of my corals, but I fear the damage has already been done to them. I am now left with my calaustrea (which is surprisingly thriving) and my turquois chalis. UGH!

So, needless to say I am trying to do frequent water changes and am running carbon to remove the toxins ...

Yes, it was just me being stupid. :angry:My advise to others: If you see something that is off, don't put off fixing it!

Archived