Coral Vue Hydros

New Current Solana Tank

Savager

One of the local member posted the new nano system. I am not sure if this is new current tank. Anyone heard about this?

IMG_1526.JPG

This is what he wrote,

Also, as a side note, we were down at Disney the weekend of the 14th for a trade show. Current, brought their brand new nano system to debut there. It can come with everything pictured or parted out. I thought it looked pretty cool for a nano so I had to take a pic to bring back. The official name is "Solana" this pic shows the only one made so far:
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confirmed with the guy who got this picture and this is in fact new Current nano Tank. I am not sure how big this tank is though. He didn't tell me but he is opening up new store end of this month and this will be one of his show tank in the front. He was lucky enough to get a free tank from Current. I asked him about the price but he doesn't know it yet but he is guessing it will be pretty expensive.

I will be visiting his store on opening day and I will get some more detail photos.

And I also got the email from Current,

Yes, we will be introducing our line of Solana Aquariums beginning next week. The tank is a 34 gallon frameless aquarium with integrated filter, skimmer and auto-top off system. These systems will be available at your local retailer in about 2 weeks. I would simply contact your retailer for pricing.

We will also be updating them on our website at next week.

Sincerely,

Ike

Ike Eigenbrode

Current-USA

760-727-7011 ext. 107

www.current-usa.com

Since it is going to be same size as other big contender, I am assuming the price will be around $600 to $700.

Nice looking setup, although that disco ball light looks a little too retro for my tastes. Is that the light it will come with?

Can't wait till these go into production and what the final price point will be.

So I asked them if this is going to replace their AquaPod and if there's going to be different size available for this series. And different option on the light.

This is what I got,

No, this is a new line of aquariums so it is not replacing the Aquapod.

Yes, we will have different sizes and shapes in the future.

The lighting system is sold separately, so 250w systems are already available that fit this tank.

Great looking tank, although for the price you might be able to piece together a 35g oceanic cube.

Well, that goes for all other all in one tank. But the beauty is it comes with everything. Some people do like that kind of tank.

I got little more detail information from Current,

I noticed! I was just up on Nano-Reef wondering who posted the photo so its good to see it up there (though the water looks a bit murky.)

I am not sure online who will be selling them first, however they will begin to ship to retailers next week.

The tank is a 20" cube with beveled glass edges and has a volume of 34 gallons. It includes a glass top, but the top can be easily removed for the topless look. The integrated filter includes a protein skimmer (not the Fission), large media compartment, heater compartment and an auto-top off system. The return pump is a larger flow, low heat transfer pump and is located in a compartment with room for additional pumps. We include a flexible Y outlet nozzle for it as well.

The stand is a solid wood modern style stand with a drawer and shelf w/glass door. We will be offering additional styles/colors in the next few months.

The picture shows one of the lighting options - the one in the photo is an HQI 150w 14K aluminum pendant with arm attachment. We will also have a compact fluorescent pendant, as well as it already fits our T5HO 20", SunPod 20" & new LED systems. We will also be offering a canopy option for it.

We designed this tank based on a lot of user/store feedback and have been running it for almost a year before we launched it. Each part (tank, stank,

light) is sold separately to allow the consumer to choose what fits best in their home. We tried to lean it towards a "furnituresque" look, so its a bit different than most nano-style aquariums.

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Ike

Blah. More fun building a tank from scratch. Nice light. I just took some light similar down in my house when I remodled. It was built in the 70's.

Well, this is the reason why I post this tank on all-in-one tank section, not general section. There's people still prefer all in one tank for whatever reason.

Yeah baby!

(cue 70's music) :flower:

Funny think is I think I like it. Great looking tank. Very Japanese actually. I wonder how much....$500, $600, $700 for the full setup?

as well as it already fits our T5HO 20", SunPod 20" & new LED systems.
(Quote from Ike's email that Savager posted - emphasis added.)

Did anyone else notice the part about "new LED systems"? That doesn't sound like just moon lights. Has anyone heard anything about Current doing an LED fixture?

(Quote from Ike's email that Savager posted - emphasis added.)

Did anyone else notice the part about "new LED systems"? That doesn't sound like just moon lights. Has anyone heard anything about Current doing an LED fixture?

I was wondering about that light as well. I think Ike is also reading this board too. Hopely Ike can answer this question to us.

All I see there are moonlights, PFO Solaris and the Taam Rio Mini Sun.

The LED fixture prototype has been out since last year. While they are not designed to rival the existing Solaris in terms of PAR/Output, they will definitely be an option to replace compact fluorescent fixtures and maybe non-individual reflector T5s. If you dig deep through my one of my tank threads you can see a picture of the prototype LED fixture from MACNA (I believe) last year. The price of the LED fixtures I also recall are going to be very reasonable.

i really wish i hadn't seen this thread.

i like that tank. and, i'm old enough to like the fixture, too.

i really wish i hadn't seen this thread.

Me too. I've been scrambling around the internet trying to find out more........

I really love the pendant.

Archived