Cultivated Reef

10 Gal Prop Tank (new aussie acans)

phases

Thanks Wheetie. I've been bummed about your ten gal too. If I was closer a frag care package would definitely be in order. Hang in there. I'm pulling for ya.

That's sweet of you, but I'm okay for stuff right now. Thanks though!!!

I just need to get back on my feet with the 10g. I keep changing what I want to do with it now.

I should have all of the extra old stuff cleared out by the middle of this next week, then I'll be able to move on to the 10g V 2.0!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you need to pimp out your frag rack..use pvc for the legs..

Once my 65 is stable I will be revamping this whole tank. PVC legs an overflow with sump/fuge. Work is never done.

That's sweet of you, but I'm okay for stuff right now. Thanks though!!!

I just need to get back on my feet with the 10g. I keep changing what I want to do with it now.

I should have all of the extra old stuff cleared out by the middle of this next week, then I'll be able to move on to the 10g V 2.0!!!

Looking forward to it. :happy:

Mischeif Nite

Corals look great, but wow......what kind of camera do you have? Because your pics look phenomenal! Second, I've been shopping Sunpods for my 10g.......how do you like the 70w and do you think the 150w would be too much? Again, great tank

Corals look great, but wow......what kind of camera do you have? Because your pics look phenomenal! Second, I've been shopping Sunpods for my 10g.......how do you like the 70w and do you think the 150w would be too much? Again, great tank

Thank you for the compliments. I shoot with a Nikon D50 and I use a 90mm Tamron 2.8 Macro Lens for most shots. I really like the sunpod. A 150 is definitly do-able but keeping any low light corals would be next to impossible. I would think the top half of the tank would be too bright for anything but SPS and clams.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see the frags are all happy and healthy for you!!! Enjoy'em ;)

P.s. How many heads is that Organism pally? I remember when we first talked about that piece all those months back, it was one head with a TINY baby.

Glad to see the frags are all happy and healthy for you!!! Enjoy'em ;)

P.s. How many heads is that Organism pally? I remember when we first talked about that piece all those months back, it was one head with a TINY baby.

Nine full sized poyps! :P

• 3 weeks later...
Lookin' good! Be careful not to overstock. Things can go downhill pretty fast.

Thanks. Yeah unfortunately you and Weetie are well aware that even though a ten gal is small it still fits a lot of corals that you get attached to. I've got a 75 that should be ready for coral in about a month. So the jam packednes is only temporary. Once the majority of the stuff has been moved to the 75 this tank is getting a major makeover.

nice pictures. what camera are you using?

Thanks. I shoot with a Nikon D50 and primarily the Tamron 90mm Macro.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I haven't updated in a while. Between work and my new 75 I don't have much free time. But, I picked up some frags I have to show off.

micro.jpg

This is my favorite piece I've ever had.

sweetmicro.jpg

(and TJ I promise I'll have a decent pic of your frag for you tomorrow)

in post #84 in the first pic... what kind of paly is that on the right that is red and brownish? so cool looking and large in comparison with the other zoa/palys in the pic... you have a great collection

in post #84 in the first pic... what kind of paly is that on the right that is red and brownish? so cool looking and large in comparison with the other zoa/palys in the pic... you have a great collection

I've never seen them before but I call them Solar Flares. Thanks for the kind words.

Archived