Cultivated Reef

Getting my BC 29 in shape

gheagney

Obi Juan kenobi
understandable. Are you looking to keep a stock hood for the future or are you just looking to get rid of yours?

That was my stock hood that I upgraded.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right.. but do you want one in return so that you have a stock hood if you ever get rid of the tank, or do you not have that need?

Obi Juan kenobi
right.. but do you want one in return so that you have a stock hood if you ever get rid of the tank, or do you not have that need?

Just looking to get rid of mine dont see myself ever gettin rid of my BC29 even if I get a bigger tank.

has anybody heard anything about that nanocustoms 1.70 mh that fits in the stock hood? its a bit on the expensive side, but is it better than the 4.36 pc? like i said, im not looking to keep anything too light needy, but would like to get the best possible light under my stock hood.

I did the 4.36 mod about 6 months ago. I am very happy with it. It runs very cool. I think I am about to switch over to more 50/50's in it.

I also the the mod for adding the CPR HOB Aquafuge2 . That was also worthwhile expansion of the water volume. Also, I can spend hours back there watching all the random things crawl through the cheeto.

with the 4.36 you can keep everything except most SPS and clams. I have been using it and my corals have really enjoyed them as well

It is great for the BC if it fits your stocking desires. It adds no heat and helps keep the evaporation to a minimum by keeping the stock hood on.

with the 4.36 you can keep everything except most SPS and clams. I have been using it and my corals have really enjoyed them as well

It is great for the BC if it fits your stocking desires. It adds no heat and helps keep the evaporation to a minimum by keeping the stock hood on.

thats exactly what i'm going for. i don't particularly care to have any SPS or clams. so to turn my tank into an open top and put on mh seems overkill. not to mention im still new to sw. although ive had tanks for a couple years, until recently ive never taken the time to truly learn what it takes to keep a tank up and running. so i dont trust myself with anything too difficult to care for... and to be honest i would like to make the tank as hands free as possible so that i can spend more time enjoying and less time maintaining; even if that means making the sacrifice of not being able to keep certain kinds of corals and such.

I have seen a few used 4.36 hoods go on sell in the classifieds here.

Your could probably save some $ and buy the whole hood from someone like Ness who has upgraded to MH and gone topless.

Archived