Cultivated Reef

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got my tank and set it up. Nothing but rock and a CUC. It's a 22 gal I plan to keep mainly SPS in.

Those are some great rocks! Did you do the returns yourself? I love pipes and tubes. :)

Cad has great Customer service!!! the issues i had were quickly responded and resolve my situation better than i expected from a company.. thanks to eddie and Ken from Oceansreeflection.

Finally pics from this great thread creator hehe me! j.p Here is some pics of my tank soo far guys. ill just post a few pics here and ill start own thread on my whole set up process in details. so keep your eye on it in 2-3 days.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

TARAAA!!!!

Those are some great rocks! Did you do the returns yourself? I love pipes and tubes. :)

Thanks and yes I did the returns. Have done this on most of my tanks. I use a SQWD to alternate flow between two returns. Usually I run the returns around the top perimeter of a tank and one tube top to bottom, you can control the direction and strength of flow in every cubic inch of the tank (no dead spots). The CAD tank was a challenge being rimless but very happy with water flow and no need for additional pumps in the display. Working on hollowing out a piece of branch rock to cover the front bottom return so you won’t even see it when I’m done.

Finally pics from this great thread creator hehe me! j.p Here is some pics of my tank soo far guys. ill just post a few pics here and ill start own thread on my whole set up process in details. so keep your eye on it in 2-3 days.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

TARAAA!!!!

Nice! You gotta keep your eye on that top rock though, it's wandering from one side of the tank to the other. ;-)

Nice! You gotta keep your eye on that top rock though, it's wandering from one side of the tank to the other. ;-)

ya.. i just put it there for now.. not sure where to put it..

Looks great Belatube! :D

I cannot tell for sure but do you have your skimmer in chamber 1? If so, how do you have your 4 chambers set up?

Hey rodney .. ill take pics of the chambers as of right now the way i have them set up is. took the skimmer out for the pictures.

chamber 1. extended the intake tube of the skimmer and place skimmer pump in there and the outlet tube. than i placed the bioballs in a fish net. which will make it really really easy to take them out to rinse out so they wont collect crap. once i get more LR ill prolly replace these bio balls with them. also on the over flow section. i used a CD case and drilled a bunch of holes in it so the water will fall more evenly. in the filter floss which has been working great!. before i had to replace the filter floss alot cuz only the side where the water falls in gets dirty =(.

chamber 2. I have good big pieces of LR. and I dremeled to cut them in a way so they could fit nicely. than i have the skimmer itself placed on top of these LR. which is a lil over half way point. it doesnt look good since you could see it top of the tank.. but hey now i have LR in chamber 2 and skimmer hehe. Again once i get more LR I will fill up chamber 2 and just have the skimmer hanging over the back. Ive read that having rumble LR could collect nitrites later on. and if you do this you should place them in a fish net so you can take them out easily to rinse.

Chamber 3. I 6" of deep sand bed in there. with one very pores live rock and thats it. trying to see who could send me some macros.

Chamber 4. I placed the heater in here. i was thinking of rigging some egg create to where i could place LR from midway point to the top of the chamber.

so thats how my chambers are set up. even though you could see the skimmer.. its a lot more functuanal . but hey if i wanted my tank to look nice and clean i would have gotten a RED SEA MAX34!! but than i would be wishing.. damn it i cant really mod my tank and it over heats too much.. i wish i had MH... how can i place a fuge. hahaha. J.P redsea max owners ;)

How about there?
haha thanks for the tip ryhype!! but i had to redo my freaking rock work which was a biggest head ache. but im glad i did but it looks alot better now. and i have more surface room to place corals. ill post new pics up. the reason i had to do all my aquascape was because i bought the caribsea oceansdirect live sand. and i just dump the whole thing inside and spread it around. I found out weeks later that there was a small lil bag that had these fluids i was suppose to open up and pour in the tank.. the pouch says "bio-magnet clearifer" (maybe thats why it took long time to clear up) Anyways i could not fREAKING find the bag in my sand so i moved all the rocks around and found it stuck on the bottom... so ya it freaking sucked.question on the skimmer!?!??!!hey guys if you read the box the skimmer came in. it says "12 blad impeller for finer bubbles"does anyone have this 12 blad. mine is only six. cad prolly replaced the whole pump because the one it original came with sucked. thats my thought. anyways.. do you know if it would work if i replace this "blade stye" impeller with a needle wheel. the once the use on ACM and other high end skimmers. which creates more bubbles??question on the skimmer!?!??!!hey guys if you read the box the skimmer came in. it says "12 blad impeller for finer bubbles"does anyone have this 12 blad. mine is only six. cad prolly replaced the whole pump because the one it original came with sucked. thats my thought. anyways.. do you know if it would work if i replace this "blade stye" impeller with a needle wheel. the once the use on ACM and other high end skimmers. which creates more bubbles??OOPS sorry about the top reply. hey guys if you read the box the skimmer came in. it says "12 blad impeller for finer bubbles"does anyone have this 12 blade. mine is only six. cad prolly replaced the whole pump because the one it original came with sucked. thats my thought. anyways.. do you know if it would work if i replace this "blade stye" impeller with a needle wheel. the once the use on ACM and other high end skimmers. which creates more bubbles??

that sucks you had to redo everything. I know how infuriating reaquascaping can be -_- But at least its all done. Be sure to post pics when you get a chance.

anybody here have any thoughts on the 12 gallon cadlight??thanks
Looks like a very sweet tank.
Hello all. I'm new to the Cadlight club. I downsized my 45 gallon tank to the 12 Cadlight. It has been a great tank.

Welcome to the Club!!Post pics soon.

Question on the skimmer? Whats the name brand on the skimmers these tanks come with? I have a 25g but i didnt get the skimmer....couldnt see paying an extra 95$ for something i wasnt sure would work. Any info would be greatly appreciated...Im trying to find one to fit in the relatively small chamber and dont really want one hanging off the back ....anyone know of a good skimmer for this tank? Thanks

would a Tunze nano skimmer fit?

Well so far thats the only one i have found.........was wondering what brand name of the one that comes with the 25g cad was? Or if its any good?

Question on the skimmer? Whats the name brand on the skimmers these tanks come with? I have a 25g but i didnt get the skimmer....couldnt see paying an extra 95$ for something i wasnt sure would work. Any info would be greatly appreciated...Im trying to find one to fit in the relatively small chamber and dont really want one hanging off the back ....anyone know of a good skimmer for this tank? Thanks

the skimmer is made by some chines company. its a venturi vortex style skimmer. does the job good. its not the best. suggest use the one it comes with and test parameters and if your not happy with it.. than upgrade.

the skimmer is made by some chines company. its a venturi vortex style skimmer. does the job good. its not the best. suggest use the one it comes with and test parameters and if your not happy with it.. than upgrade.

Got one for sale?..lol...just hate to pay 95$ if it dont work well....thanks for the info....

any new pics anyone?!?!

should I start CADLIGHTS OWNER CLUB THREAD 2!?? since this one is getting long hehehe.

You guys should download this torrent.

BLUE PLANET episode 6 CORAL SEAS.

its a great SHOW!! crazy how they can film some of the scenes. First time I saw how 2 corals would kill each other if they get too close to one another. Also shows how Corals MATE.. kinda boring.. nothing x rated. j.p

Archived