ReefCleaners.org

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

Ahhhh....I'm so jealous of you guys. My tank arrived last Wednesday, but it was broken. So I am waiting for the next one to ship out, it should take another week for it to get here. Patience is not easy for me!!! :)

I am using a bowfront stand that I had from another tank. I just lucked out in that this tank has almost the same footprint as my old 28 gallon tank. It's just plain black, but being the girl that I am, I spruced it up with some starfish door pulls.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hang in there, it will be worth it in the long run.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahhhh....I'm so jealous of you guys. My tank arrived last Wednesday, but it was broken. So I am waiting for the next one to ship out, it should take another week for it to get here. Patience is not easy for me!!! :)

I am using a bowfront stand that I had from another tank. I just lucked out in that this tank has almost the same footprint as my old 28 gallon tank. It's just plain black, but being the girl that I am, I spruced it up with some starfish door pulls.

Oh that is the worst all the excitement and bam broken tank! :tears: How anticlimactic. I agree with Rodney though. It will be worth it in the long run.

Seems like more and more Cad owners are coming out. :D

Also, seems like most are not very pleased with the stands, but everyone does love their tanks. I am on the lookout for another stand as well, but I hate that it is keeping me from setting my tank up. Like you I would like to find one that looks nice and gives me a little more storage and work space. I am thankful for these forums and the pictures people post, becasue it sure helps a newbie like me out.

Good luck with your CAD and please keep in touch.

Yeah the stand leaves much to be desired. But on the other hand I have not exactly been knocked off my feet impressed with the other manufactures stands either. It was not easy to have the tank and not something appropriate for it at first. But it was worth the hunt and extra time. If I had not done it that way? The stand I did not like would always annoy me on some level.

Now I have to get my hands on my camera! lol I want to show off my pretty new toy! oooh something shiny

One of my friends is a custom Woodcraft, and is making me a custom stand out of Philippine mahogany to match the rest of the furniture in my house. It should be done this weekend; I will post some pics as soon as I get it. The only problem I see with someone mass producing a tank stand for the Cad 34 is the fact that these tanks are formed one at a time and the base is made to match, and as told to me by Eddie at CAD, no two are the same..

HEY ALL!!

Add me to the CAD Owner list. I spent months doing research and trying to find the perfect tank. I wasn't a fan of the cubes or pods I hate the black rims around the top and bottom of the thanks and their covers. But the CAD is amazing just to look at without anything in it. I went with a 9 gal because it would fit on my desk at work. I just put live sand and live rock in my CAD 9 this week. I am new to saltwater, but have keep freshwater puffers successfully for a year, and decided to go Salt. I love all the color you get with the corals and when you have the right flow the movement of the tank is amazing.

Do you guys have any stocking suggestions?

I really want a clown and a yellow clown goby not sure if I could do 2 clowns with a goby or not.

Any other stocking suggestions and ideas would be much appreciated

What are good corals with the 32 watt lights that come with my CAD?

I always loved the look of clams but am pretty sure I don't have enough light, or even for an anemone.

Is there anyway to get stronger lights without changing the fixture ( I guess get stronger bulbs)? ***Can you tell I am new at this or what ;) ****

What do you think about an auto top-off system for the weekends. I find that the gravity goes up form 1.022 -1.023 a little above sometimes when I come back over the weekend and sometimes I take the levels down to 1.021 before the weekend so it is closer to 1.022 when i come back. What are your opinions on this?

I guess any hits or suggestions you guys have for a successful tank I wold love to hear. I am always doing research and my nano-reef handbook has been like a bible but I always like to hear what other successful reef keepers are doing :)

So glade we finally have a CAD thread :lol:

just order 2 tunze nano 6025!!! for the cad ... 1650gph total !

Thats what i have. It produces quite a bit of flow. :happy: I keep them on a wavemaker.

HEY ALL!!

Add me to the CAD Owner list. I spent months doing research and trying to find the perfect tank. I wasn't a fan of the cubes or pods I hate the black rims around the top and bottom of the thanks and their covers. But the CAD is amazing just to look at without anything in it. I went with a 9 gal because it would fit on my desk at work. I just put live sand and live rock in my CAD 9 this week. I am new to saltwater, but have keep freshwater puffers successfully for a year, and decided to go Salt. I love all the color you get with the corals and when you have the right flow the movement of the tank is amazing.

Do you guys have any stocking suggestions?

I really want a clown and a yellow clown goby not sure if I could do 2 clowns with a goby or not.

Any other stocking suggestions and ideas would be much appreciated

Maybe a blenny or a shrimp goby.

What are good corals with the 32 watt lights that come with my CAD?

I always loved the look of clams but am pretty sure I don't have enough light, or even for an anemone.

Is there anyway to get stronger lights without changing the fixture ( I guess get stronger bulbs)? ***Can you tell I am new at this or what ;) **** mushrooms,zoos,green star polyps, frogspawn and a few others

What do you think about an auto top-off system for the weekends. I find that the gravity goes up form 1.022 -1.023 a little above sometimes when I come back over the weekend and sometimes I take the levels down to 1.021 before the weekend so it is closer to 1.022 when i come back. What are your opinions on this? Get a topoff. What if evaporation is higher than you anticipate and your salinity skyrockets? Better be safe than sorry B)

I guess any hits or suggestions you guys have for a successful tank I wold love to hear. I am always doing research and my nano-reef handbook has been like a bible but I always like to hear what other successful reef keepers are doing :)

So glade we finally have a CAD thread :lol:

Me 2 :)

I went to Lowes earlier today and looked at unfinished cabinetry as a possible stand for the Cad34. They had an 18" square cabinet that has a drawer and single raised panel door for $83. It would need a few add-ons to encase the MDF sides and kick plate and then it would need to be stained and sealed. After I made a custom top to match the tank I think the cost would probably be a wash.

I think the final stand would look nice and I can stain it to match my other furniture, but I'm wondering if it is any better that the one from Cadlights.

What do you all think?

I went to Lowes earlier today and looked at unfinished cabinetry as a possible stand for the Cad34. They had an 18" square cabinet that has a drawer and single raised panel door for $83. It would need a few add-ons to encase the MDF sides and kick plate and then it would need to be stained and sealed. After I made a custom top to match the tank I think the cost would probably be a wash.

I think the final stand would look nice and I can stain it to match my other furniture, but I'm wondering if it is any better that the one from Cadlights.

What do you all think?

probably.

What do you all think?

I think it would be much better and last longer IMO.

Thanks Rehype

I am gonna get a Top-off system set up soon, nto ging to add anything els till then and till it's finished cycling of course.

Do you think I can keep 2 clowns in this size tank?

Thanks Rehype

I am gonna get a Top-off system set up soon, nto ging to add anything els till then and till it's finished cycling of course.

Do you think I can keep 2 clowns in this size tank?

two may be too many. I would stick with one. B)

My New Signature 34 finally Gets Wet Tommorow!

I have had quite an experience in getting my CADLIGHTS 34 Signautre up and running. The first tank arrived with a smashed canopy, cracked tank, and demolished MH Gearbox.

Ken at Oceanreeflections and Eddie at CADLIGHTS provided excellent service, in what could have been a frustrating situation. They sent me a whole new set up, and made everything right. All of my questions and emails about the replacement parts were answered immediately.

For those of you who already have your Signature 34 up and running I have a couple of questions.

First regarding the UV Sterilizer. My Sterilizer did not come with any installation instructions. How did you hook yours up, and how many hours a day are you running the Sterilizer?

Also, the Skimmer does not have a complete instruction manual. Is there any trick to setting the skimmer up, or do you just crank it all the way open?

By the way, I have the Beechwood Stand, and was very impressed with the finish and quality of the stand. Do those of you that have concerns about the stand have beecwood or black?

Thanks for your responses.

I can't wait to fill 'er up!

Cad dont have the black stand so i didnt order it.. but i heard the stand was crappy.. after looking for one stores after stores i found a great one at Home Depot at the "storage lane" and had a base cabinet which was

30"wx16 1/2" deepx36" tall.... even though its stronger than what you could buy at ur local fish store i still added more wood inside to support the weight of the CAD. it looks great!!! and i love how its 36" tall. heres some pics!!

IMG_0190.jpg

it was only $89

IMG_0192.jpg

finished product! nice eh??? (no im not canadian)

IMG_0193.jpg

sorry its blurry.. but i added the brown wood you see for more support. and did some in the back that you cant see.

I read that the signature unit comes with a "glass canopy".

Anyone have a picture of it installed?

All the pictures I've seen so far has been "open top".

Does the canopy cover only the top of the main area? Or over the back/fuge area as well?

I read that the signature unit comes with a "glass canopy".

Anyone have a picture of it installed?

All the pictures I've seen so far has been "open top".

Does the canopy cover only the top of the main area? Or over the back/fuge area as well?

only the top of the main area.

My New Signature 34 finally Gets Wet Tommorow!

I have had quite an experience in getting my CADLIGHTS 34 Signautre up and running. The first tank arrived with a smashed canopy, cracked tank, and demolished MH Gearbox.

Ken at Oceanreeflections and Eddie at CADLIGHTS provided excellent service, in what could have been a frustrating situation. They sent me a whole new set up, and made everything right. All of my questions and emails about the replacement parts were answered immediately.

For those of you who already have your Signature 34 up and running I have a couple of questions.

First regarding the UV Sterilizer. My Sterilizer did not come with any installation instructions. How did you hook yours up, and how many hours a day are you running the Sterilizer? Just make sure its fully submerged and turn it on :) However i wouldnt recommend running it until your tank has fully cycled since it destroys bad as well as good bacteria and microorganisms. It would only prolong your cycle

Also, the Skimmer does not have a complete instruction manual. Is there any trick to setting the skimmer up, or do you just crank it all the way open? Crank that baby open and let it run :D You'll have microbubbles for a couple of days but they will eventually subside. Some say dont run the skimmer while your cycling because it will only prolong it. In my experience that hasnt been the case, both with cured and uncured rock. But to each his own.

By the way, I have the Beechwood Stand, and was very impressed with the finish and quality of the stand. Do those of you that have concerns about the stand have beecwood or black? I have the beechwood stand as well and im satisfied. Could it have been made of better materials? Yes.But Does it serve its purpose? Absolutely.

Thanks for your responses. No problem

I can't wait to fill 'er up! neither can i :happy:

the glass canopy is useless IMO

just gets in the way..unless they have changed them since my 34...seems

like they changed alot....i have 34g 1.0

As far as the stand goes i didnt purchase one either...too small

i went to oak express, furniture row, oak outlet etc and bought a really nice solid oak roll top desk and oak table out of the scratch and dent piles

paid less than $100.

took em home, took em apart, made the chair opening smaller and built a door to turn it into a cabinet for storage, kept the side of the desk with drawers, cut the top down, reinforced the top and base by cutting the oak table in half and whalla, big ole finished oak deskfor tank with a ton of storage, nice pullout desk top on the side to work on

and room for a sump. id post pics but i just lost my flippin HD about a month ago...and all data....weeeeeee.

Archived