Coral Vue Hydros

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

SOME INFO ON NEW CAD34

This 34 gallon aquarium package combines the Beauty of our Seamless bow front aquariums with the power of the 150w HQI. Comes with a full size built-in refugium on the back of the tank and a 450gph pump. Comes with an adjustable Lok-Line return on the mid-bottom of the tank for direct turbulence to the reef. Newly designed refugium now comes with our 60G Protein skimmer and extra upgrading options to fit our cooling unit and drop-in UV sterilizer for the most complete all-in-one system that we have designed so far. Great set-up for SPS frags and all types of corals that are very demanding in light and water quality. Tank Dimensions are 23.5" x 18.25" x 18.5"

Features

*150w 14,000k with 2 x 24w Actinics supplements

* (2) LED 2 watt moonlights.

*Full size refugium on back. Does not include refugium substrate.

*Comes in black Cell-Cast acrylic background (oscillator retrun nozzle optional).

* Refugium Dimensions 23" x 5.5" x 18.5"

* Flip-up hinged tank mounts.

* Separate T5 light strip for refugium.

* Signature Polished and mitred edges with Extra thick 7mm thick glass.

* Seamless curved front panel. * Super slim sleek profile Light design at only 2.5" height.

* 3 separate circuits and switches for complete automatic and manual control for each T5 bulb, LED moonlights and Halide lights. Easily compatible with all kinds of timers.

*NOW COMES WITH OUR 60G FULL SIZED PROEIN SKIMMER AND SLOTS FOR THE COOLING UNIT AND DROP-IN U.V. STERILIZER. *Glass Canopy comes standard.

34gskimmer%20model%20fixed%20014.jpg

34gskimmer%20model%20fixed%20026.jpg

Funny Thing is i dont have one yet. waiting for mine in mail and cant wait!!!

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be ordering mine shortly :)

I plan on rubble where the bioballs are, pura pad, and floss on top of that, in chamber 2: skimmer and heater- NO UV!, Chamber 3: Mud and Mangoves, and algae galore- cheato, caelpera (sp?) and that red blade one, chamber 4: cheato, pump, and temp sensor, as well as ATO.

I will stock with ~ 18-20 lbs of my LR in the display portion, and another 15- 20 in chambers 1 and 3.

I will have 2 cleaner shrimp, a goby, a pair of clowns, and another sort of fish, hermits, snails, conchs, scallops, coral of every type (all segregated into areas) , and like 5 clams!

What do ya all think?

Oh, and 4 nano koralias.

Guess i should join the club since i was the first to get the signature series :P I love this tank! Im glad i was patient and was able to get this model. Chamber 1 has about 15 lbs of rock rubble, with filter pad,carbon, auto top off sensor and fan is attached. The second chamber has skimmer,UV,Heater, and two pumps one for skimmer and one for chiller. Third chamber has sand bed and macroalgae(neomersis,halimeda,red mangroves and some other i cant remember the name of) The last chamber has return pump and a bunch of chaeto. So far i have a pair of O. clowns, Spotted prawn goby, a klausewitz blenny , a purple firefish, cleaner shrimp, snails and hermits.Im currently waiting for my nitrates to reach 0 before i start adding coral. gvtv everything sounds good except the clams. They dont do well in nanos. Unless you are vigorous in spot feeding them. 4 nano koralias would work good if you have them on a wavemaker. If not it may be too much flow IMO. I have 2 tunze 6025's and when they are both going they produce quite a bit of turbulent flow.

Glad to see a CAD owners thread finally! Us Finnex owers aren't so elite anymore... :tears::P j/k!!

Even though I don't own one, I plan to follow this thread to see how it evolves and advances. :)

My 34G should ship this week. I will post the condition of unit when I get and hope I can include some pics of the packing.

Looking forward to see how this thread grows.

joel sandoman

ok, i know a guy who is selling the protein skimmer from his cadlights seperately. Would this work in a sump for another tank? also anybody know how well they skim?

ok, i know a guy who is selling the protein skimmer from his cadlights seperately. Would this work in a sump for another tank? also anybody know how well they skim?

Sure. They skim very well once you adjust them properly and have it running for a while.

Glad to see a CAD owners thread finally! Us Finnex owers aren't so elite anymore... :tears::P j/k!!

Even though I don't own one, I plan to follow this thread to see how it evolves and advances. :)

Thanks for the support :D

I plan on buying the 34 gal cadlights tank within the next month. I had a 55 gal set up about a year ago, i was new to salt water and like others rushed everything without doing much reading and research. I have read just about every thread on this site and reefcentral and now am ready to try again. being a college student also made the 55 a little too expensive. I love the cadlights tank and look forward to setting it up.

Cool! count me in.

i kinda had to upgrade my 34G standard to the Signature and i love the tank. the skimmer skims pretty good and takes out about 4 oz. every week of gunk.

NOPE. Time to upgrade, like me ;)

haha! :lol:

It's ok Epic, my AP12 that I'm trying to unload now isn't one either... =/

But in all seriousness with the the CAD (and Finnex) tanks offer, NO cube out there (exception of the JBJ 28g HQI) can hold a candle to these 2 brand of tanks. for one they are open top which almost completely eliminates the heat issues many cube type AIOs have. Also you can put a true functional skimmer into these tanks as well, and they come with excellent lighting off the bat, especailly the 144w 6x24w lighting that the CAD 22g and 25g come with standard.

Nice! I'd love to see pictures of mod's done on these tanks. I'm usually too busy to innovate, so I'm basically begging you guys for ideas right now. Hahaha.. :P

oh..one thing I did on my 34g standard (non-sig) is epoxy the bottom corner of my return hose to prevent it from causing constant sand tornados. Everyone's seems different, but my return was non-loc line. So it was either...drain the tank, remove return line and install my own, or glob some epoxy on the inside to divert the flow.

I'm using 2 koralia 1's on either corner, and the flow is sufficient along with the return. Not sure how much weaker the nano's will be.

Nice! I'd love to see pictures of mod's done on these tanks. I'm usually too busy to innovate, so I'm basically begging you guys for ideas right now. Hahaha.. :P

oh..one thing I did on my 34g standard (non-sig) is epoxy the bottom corner of my return hose to prevent it from causing constant sand tornados. Everyone's seems different, but my return was non-loc line. So it was either...drain the tank, remove return line and install my own, or glob some epoxy on the inside to divert the flow.

I'm using 2 koralia 1's on either corner, and the flow is sufficient along with the return. Not sure how much weaker the nano's will be.

The reason I picked the Cadlights is I really don't want to do any mod's if possible. I did order it with the wavemaking return nozzle and have yet to decide on other ways to move the water. Sounds like the koralia's are the way to go. They seem a little difficult to find but I am sure I can locate some with a little effort.

haha! :lol:

It's ok Epic, my AP12 that I'm trying to unload now isn't one either... =/

But in all seriousness with the the CAD (and Finnex) tanks offer, NO cube out there (exception of the JBJ 28g HQI) can hold a candle to these 2 brand of tanks. for one they are open top which almost completely eliminates the heat issues many cube type AIOs have. Also you can put a true functional skimmer into these tanks as well, and they come with excellent lighting off the bat, especailly the 144w 6x24w lighting that the CAD 22g and 25g come with standard.

I totally agree. The four chamber refugium on the back was a huge selling point for me. So much room and flexibility. I fit almost all my equipment in one chamber! Finnex is a great tank as well. One of the only reasons i didnt get one is because they're acrylic.

The only mod i did so far was for the moonlights. The moonlights and actinics are on the same circuit and youy cant put them on a timer. So i called eddie over at cadlights and he sent me 2 led kits and i modded them onto the main fixture. I have pics in my thread.

The reason I picked the Cadlights is I really don't want to do any mod's if possible. I did order it with the wavemaking return nozzle and have yet to decide on other ways to move the water. Sounds like the koralia's are the way to go. They seem a little difficult to find but I am sure I can locate some with a little effort.

I think most people order them online, as they're still considered fairly new and not too many LFS will carry them in stock. I personally ordered mine on Drfosters while I was ordering the rest of my supplies, so no biggie on the shipping costs.

I don't like modding either, but it's almost guranteed that you will. I have floss sitting in the overflow chamber to reduce noise and for mechanical filtration. I'm going to end up covering up my powerheads and overflow baffles for the nem as well.

Many people have already made fan mods in their canopies to help deal with heat issues.

I actually have a new wave making nozzle if anyone wants to trade a frag for it. :D

I totally agree. The four chamber refugium on the back was a huge selling point for me. So much room and flexibility. I fit almost all my equipment in one chamber! Finnex is a great tank as well. One of the only reasons i didnt get one is because they're acrylic.

Whoa there. The Finnex 30g is 5mm tempered glass, not acrylic like 85% of their tanks are. Granted that is one of the only glass tanks they made (they made a 22g frameless glass model as well).

only mod i did was that i raised the return pump 4 inches higher to prevent sand from draining back into the pump.

Rehype: i saw your moonlight mod and i think i am ready to get the moonlight kit to put into my MH strip. doesnt look too hard and having it melt was one of my concerns. your tank looks awesome with the moonlights on.

only mod i did was that i raised the return pump 4 inches higher to prevent sand from draining back into the pump.

Rehype: i saw your moonlight mod and i think i am ready to get the moonlight kit to put into my MH strip. doesnt look too hard and having it melt was one of my concerns. your tank looks awesome with the moonlights on.

Thanks alot Don. No melting its been up for almost a week. Not to mention you double your leds :D

Whoa there. The Finnex 30g is 5mm tempered glass, not acrylic like 85% of their tanks are. Granted that is one of the only glass tanks they made (they made a 22g frameless glass model as well).

I stand corrected :P At the time i was under the impression that the 32 gallon was acrylic.(I was looking for the largest tank they made)

Yay im glad to see this thread i started is got going.. didn't think it will.. My CAD will arrive.. well actually is leaving the manufacturer on wednesday.. so hopefully get it saturday =( . also im fairly new to Salt water had cichlids for years. but i have been doing endless ours of reading.. lots of knowledge with very lil experience.. i guses im a Student haha.

heres my question.. when i get my tank. can i cycle the tank with just using the bio balls it comes with.. than purchase my "CURED live rocks" a week later?!?! reason is i wont be able to drive to LA to get some premium marshal island live rocks till a week from now. (LFS dont carry them)

1. Should i just wait till i get the full cured live rocks than start to cycle the tank all at once?

(and if i do it this way.. i know i could save money buy purchasing "uncured live rocks" and cycle tank with these right?? or is it better to go ahead and spend extra $1 per pound on already cured rock to speed they cycle which i dont mind spending the money. because i heard that sometimes you dont really want to get cured live rocks in un uncycled tank becaused it wil just die anyways.... right??!?!

2. Cycle the tank using skimmer and bio balls than just add the cured LR a week after?

Yay im glad to see this thread i started is got going.. didn't think it will.. My CAD will arrive.. well actually is leaving the manufacturer on wednesday.. so hopefully get it saturday =( . also im fairly new to Salt water had cichlids for years. but i have been doing endless ours of reading.. lots of knowledge with very lil experience.. i guses im a Student haha.

heres my question.. when i get my tank. can i cycle the tank with just using the bio balls it comes with.. than purchase my "CURED live rocks" a week later?!?! reason is i wont be able to drive to LA to get some premium marshal island live rocks till a week from now. (LFS dont carry them)

1. Should i just wait till i get the full cured live rocks than start to cycle the tank all at once?

(and if i do it this way.. i know i could save money buy purchasing "uncured live rocks" and cycle tank with these right?? or is it better to go ahead and spend extra $1 per pound on already cured rock to speed they cycle which i dont mind spending the money. because i heard that sometimes you dont really want to get cured live rocks in un uncycled tank becaused it wil just die anyways.... right??!?!

2. Cycle the tank using skimmer and bio balls than just add the cured LR a week after?

1. Sure you can wait to get your live rock. But your going to need something to kick start your cycle. If you can maybe you could purchase some live sand and use a raw shrimp to get the "cycling" started.

2. You can cycle with bio balls temporarily. They dont actually become a problem until they get dirty. Most people say turn the skimmer off but ive cycled with it on and had no ill effects. Its up to you.HTH

Archived