ReefCleaners.org

Kinetic 82g

kinetic

The stand will be picked up tomorrow from SoCalCreations! I'm totally excited.

Strange news though... I will be buying a house and moving basically across the street in April 2008. Should I hold off setting this up until then? I'm afraid this will turn into another one of my dry systems if so =(

i would say set it up and just keep it a little on the less involved side for now, dont stock it all crazy and such, and just keep it like that until you move where there you can go crazy

well I wasn't going to add any livestock in for 6 months anyways to let everything cycle. I guess I'll just let it cycle and then wait for the move to add my livestock. I have tons of colonies in my frag tank ready to be fragged and added, so it's not a problem.

I wouldnt put sand in it.. thats IMO the hardest part of moving a tank is the stupid, smelly, dirty sand.

I would just do water and rock, let you rock grow and get some nice corraline algea going. Then after you empty the tank and move it put in the sand, refill, put rock in and let settle for a week or two.

JMO though

seeim doing about 60 with a little bit of sand in it, i think 4 vortechs and 2000 GPH on the return pump through an OM 4 way will be enough

oh sweet, 4 vortech's on a controllers would be really nice =)

The stand made it to the terminal about 30 minutes from my house. But I wasn't able to pick it up today. My truck is too small for me to drive. It's a '86 toyota truck, and I'm 6'3", so I can't get my foot from the break to the gas and vice versa without doing some gymnastics... not safe for a highway drive.

So I'm trying to get a friend to drive my truck for me to pick up the tank. Why not get a new truck? Well this one only has like 30,000 miles on it, works amazingly well... and heck, I don't ever have to drive it, someone else does =)

It's also almost impossible to stall, the freeplay on the clutch is ridiculous.

if your truck is too small for you to drive maybe look at a newer truck lol

ooo and i ended up going with Envision Acrylic, AO wanted 2538 for a 60x30x24 tank (Also shipping is a killer with thos tanks just like you said ~$600 for me and im only 5 hours away), drilled peninsula style with the 3 viewale sides in starphire, i go my Envision Acrylic 48x48x24 shipped to my house from 2350

I'm finally going to pickup the SoCal stand today from the terminal in San Leandro!

Not sure if I'm going to work on anything stand related yet. I will probably install a new GFCI into the wall plug, and mount the controller and dc8's. Get the AC III all hooked up to the internet with it's on static IP and see how it goes.

I'm also selling the AquaLogic 1/6hp chiller I was going to use. I'm going to go for a Teco SeaChill TR10 instead. The specs say it can bring down temperature by 18*F on 90 gallon tanks, so it should be plenty for mine. Plus 30% more efficient, quiet running, sounds good to me =) I might not even need to plumb into my basement.

I'm moving in April anyways, so it wouldn't be smart to drill through the floor now =X

hmm good idea on not drilling through the floor, and what do you think so far of the aquacontroller III ive pretty much settled on that so what do you think so far? I'm looking to do temp probe, two pH probes (one in the reactor and one in the sump), and then to control everything else and hook it up to the internet like you are going to do

what made you go with the aquacontroller III over the other controllers?

hmm good idea on not drilling through the floor, and what do you think so far of the aquacontroller III ive pretty much settled on that so what do you think so far? I'm looking to do temp probe, two pH probes (one in the reactor and one in the sump), and then to control everything else and hook it up to the internet like you are going to do

what made you go with the aquacontroller III over the other controllers?

I've actually hooked it up to the internet, but that's about it. The programming is fairly simple (though too simple for my tastes, as I'm a software engineer) and works well without any bugs as far as I can see.

I hear a few complaints about a few DC8's failing, but of course customer service is top notch. I'd recommend testing it out for awhile before hooking it up to a system that has livestock. My long cycle period will be the tester for the DC8's.

I like how you can control everything via a webpage, it's a million times easier than on the controller itself. There are problems if you use a dynamically allocated IP, firewalls, routers, and such. I'm lucky that I have a bunch of static IP's I can use.

There are ways around it, but it's a little messy. Those kinds of problems aren't really Neptune's product's fault, it's just how you have your network setup at home.

It's nice to see the data of your ph and temperature change throughout the day though.

well it sounds like a winner, my tank will also have quite a large cycle at about 1-2 months, actually all of my rock is cycled already but im going to scrub down the rock with rock prep and then recycle everything

I will talk to Dan at Salty Critter about it, the more and more i hear about the AC III it seems to be just as good, if not better then the Profilux i was going to go with, the only thing it doesnt do is have wireless internet which i dont need as i can bring the ethernet cable up the same wall space from my basement up to my second floor where i will hook it up to the internet

well it sounds like a winner, my tank will also have quite a large cycle at about 1-2 months, actually all of my rock is cycled already but im going to scrub down the rock with rock prep and then recycle everything

I will talk to Dan at Salty Critter about it, the more and more i hear about the AC III it seems to be just as good, if not better then the Profilux i was going to go with, the only thing it doesnt do is have wireless internet which i dont need as i can bring the ethernet cable up the same wall space from my basement up to my second floor where i will hook it up to the internet

you could also just get a wireless bridge to a wireless router in the future if you wanted =)

I'll take pictures tonight. I'm having trouble finding a place to put the damned thing now. The spot I picked out is too cramped =(

My house isn't THAT small either, oi.

I might have to wait until April or May when I move into the new house.