Cultivated Reef

Kinetic 82g

kinetic

beautiful anemone art! hopefully your clowns take to it :)

Thanks man. The clowns already went off to the other side of the tank to host the other corner, after hosting the corner I put the anemone in forever! I thought they'd like it... these tank bred clowns, they think the corner of a tank is their home.

TriggerHappyDude

Whats the word on your AGE tank, is it a go? I want to get one just like you, I want to take photos just like you, I want to be you kinetic, my new username is going to be kinetic II, hahahahaha...

Jk dude, you are an inspiration to many though. And I love following your tanks and photos!

I promise I'm not a stalker!

Whats the word on your AGE tank, is it a go? I want to get one just like you, I want to take photos just like you, I want to be you kinetic, my new username is going to be kinetic II, hahahahaha...

Jk dude, you are an inspiration to many though. And I love following your tanks and photos!

I promise I'm not a stalker!

Oh I got the quote from AGE, going to get some specs from them and then going to get a quote on the stand. Once I get quotes on everything, I still need to finish the house remodel, so it'll be awhile =) This ELOS will be up for at least another year while the house + tank are done.

TriggerHappyDude
Oh I got the quote from AGE, going to get some specs from them and then going to get a quote on the stand. Once I get quotes on everything, I still need to finish the house remodel, so it'll be awhile =) This ELOS will be up for at least another year while the house + tank are done.

OK, gotcha, a WIP...work in progress...

Hows the clam doing?

I just picked my PVC board for the DIY hybrid tank and I now know why A.G.E uses it for the bottom. Its like STEEL!

We need new pictures ;)

-Dave

TriggerHappyDude

I'd like to see you DIY AGE tanks when you get them going, but I'm going to pay the premiums to have them build it for me, I'm not gifted like you guys are.

Hows the clam doing?

It's doing OK. I can't find low enough flow where its mantel doesn't flap around. The entire tank has ridiculous amounts of flow. I didn't realize it before, but it's strong all over. 7500gph is fun when hermits go flying, but not when the clam can't open up all the way. Maybe I'll re-arrange the rock.

I just picked my PVC board for the DIY hybrid tank and I now know why A.G.E uses it for the bottom. Its like STEEL!

That's awesome, can't wait to see the tank build.

We need new pictures ;)

hah already? i just posted some =) OK i'll take some more. The stupid clowns hate the anemone, so one of the porcelain crabs took over and now sits in the middle of it. Pretty awesome though =)

The larger porcelain died this morning, saw it last night out and about, but dead today. It's not molt =( But here's a picture of the surviving one in the anemone:

4177624389_f47eebda74.jpg

Here's a top down of the clam:

4177624597_21397973df.jpg

And an acro that just started coloring up from a dark brown:

4177624779_9ab330b281.jpg

Edited by kinetic
wow great tank. but does that chiller work inside the cabinet like that?

The stand is open back, and there's a nice area for the air to come out from behind. I've never had any issues keeping temp down in the tank. If it was a closed stand, that'd be a different story.

Stunning!!! Glad to hear that the Anemone made it...what a spectacular specimen. How big is it when it is fully expanded?

-Adam

It's like 3.5", but it's not fully expanded yet I think since it's under the rock =P

The porcelain crab I said was dead, is still alive. I guess I was tricked yet again by molt. I should know better.

The anemone I got from LA is actually doing great. When it first arrived, it was puking it's guts out, now it's fat and happy. It's still in the shade under the rock unfortunately, but at least it's not out walking over my corals and killing everything. I hope the spot will provide enough light. I'll start feeding soon.

4202200823_2e09e6d59f.jpg

Edited by kinetic

i completely hear you on the molt of the porcelain crabs...they look like dead crabs, like really dead haha. i thought my purple porcelain was dead after not seeing for a few days then seeing its shell, with white stuff all over it. a couple of hours later i see it in the back.

nice to see you today!

man did i fall in LOVE with your tank haha

everything looks soo nice and clean idk but i think i might go BB now hahah i like the look

also i love your fish haha especially the anthias and your clowns

Anemone is looking fantastic. Has it moved any since you added it or has it found a nice home where it is?

Thanks! Anemone hasn't moved from under the rock. Good and bad I guess. Good because that way it won't crawl all over and sting the crap out of my SPS. Bad because I'm not sure it'll get enough light =/

nice to see you today!

man did i fall in LOVE with your tank haha

everything looks soo nice and clean idk but i think i might go BB now hahah i like the look

also i love your fish haha especially the anthias and your clowns

Good to see you yesterday Arturo. Go bare bottom, it's really nice. I'm waiting for my urchin to finish eating all the coralline off the glass so it looks even cleaner.

I'm thinking of replacing my chromis (which are getting huge) with a few ventralis anthias and flavugatus anthias as well =) The bartletts are a bit aggressive, so those guys might need to go in the fuge while I introduce and get feeding the new anthias. Gotta find a source for the fish first.

i think i might have to go bb now, idk either that of false bottom, im not sure yet i just like how clean it looks without the sand

i was wondering how you got your rock work so stable? seems like you have large arches but i couldn't see and epoxy. im guessing you used rods?

about the chromis idk if it was me but they made your anthias look tiny! haha

• 2 weeks later...

Salinity dropped to 1.024 by accident, I've brought it back up to 1.025 over the week, creeping up to 1.026 now. Lost a lot of color, growth is OK though. Sucks to go back a few steps here.

i'm changing about 7 gallons a day now to get the salinity up.

That's about it =)