SaltCritters.com

Kinetic 82g

kinetic

ohh man i really love your clowns!

any more awesome fish you plan on adding?

also check pm :)

I'm pretty busy this weekend, but maybe next weekend I'll be free. let me know if you wanna stop by for the skimmer(s)

I'm probably going to get rid of half my chromis, and add some ventralis anthias again, I love those fish. I may have to do something about the current barlett pair. My final fish will be a nice Bellus Genicanthus, but maybe I'll wait until I upgrade the tank when I move.

I'm pretty busy this weekend, but maybe next weekend I'll be free. let me know if you wanna stop by for the skimmer(s)

I'm probably going to get rid of half my chromis, and add some ventralis anthias again, I love those fish. I may have to do something about the current barlett pair. My final fish will be a nice Bellus Genicanthus, but maybe I'll wait until I upgrade the tank when I move.

alright man that sounds good, haha skimmer(s) man would that be awesome to run 2 of those on my tank, but for now ill pick up one this upcoming weekend and maybe the other around the new year, ;)

man i heard youve been looking for a nice female bellus genicanthus? right? deng though your going to upgrade already, haha

alright man that sounds good, haha skimmer(s) man would that be awesome to run 2 of those on my tank, but for now ill pick up one this upcoming weekend and maybe the other around the new year, ;)

man i heard youve been looking for a nice female bellus genicanthus? right? deng though your going to upgrade already, haha

Yeah, I saw a few bellus on LiveAquaria, but wasn't fast enough to grab them. I'm also a bit hesitant as I need some time to setup the quarantine tank for her, so I'm never ready. I have a 40g breeder tank that I just need to buy a biowheel filter for and fill up with water. Then I'll house the bellus for a month or so in the QT to make sure all is good.

Upgrade because I'm moving soon =) I don't want to move the tank with all the critters, so I'm going to setup the new one on it's own, let it cycle for a few months (dry rock, no live seed again), and then I'll move the animals over when ready. Not sure what to do with the current tank at that point, probably try to sell it for a reasonable price.

well that sounds good then, whoever buys the Elos is definitely going to be getting a great deal!

whereabouts do you plan on moving to?

I bought the house across the street ;)

Kinetic,

I know you were talking about a PVC bottom tank for your next one, still going that way?

A.G.E? Have you seen this dudes thread on his A.G.E?

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=192316

Some cool pics there too, nothing as good as yours are, but he's got a nice collection of frags going.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look now. The LFS near me says that AGE won't respond to their calls or emails anymore, which is weird.

fishez4alivin
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look now. The LFS near me says that AGE won't respond to their calls or emails anymore, which is weird.

I tried Aquatic Gallery and Aquarium Showroom before I emailed this guy at cbrenes@thefishgallery.com and he got me a quote right away.

I tried Aquatic Gallery and Aquarium Showroom before I emailed this guy at cbrenes@thefishgallery.com and he got me a quote right away.

Thanks for the heads up. I tried Aquarium Showroom as well, but they weren't getting any responses from AGE for some reason. I'm trying one more LFS, otherwise I'll email thefishgallery.com next.

I'll see how the prices go compared to the ELOS 120xl, hopefully they will be comparable. I'll probably lean towards the AGE if so.

Specs I'm looking towards:

Tank:

48" x 32" x 24"

3 sides low-iron glass

White PVC Bottom

Anthony Calfo coast-to-coast overflow (with that nifty water level thing in there)

Black Silicon

Stand

48" x 32" x 36"

Flush with the edges of the tank (Like ELOS stands)

Polar White to match my Giesemann Infinity

No center brace so I have all access to the opening of the stand

Removable back panel

Sump

Trigger Systems Ruby ELITE custom

32" x 28" x 16" (maximize the width)

Refugium swapped to the front

Added Topoff water reservoir

Fuge area has opaque walls so fuge light doesn't seep out

Otherwise I'll reuse everything I have now... except maybe upgrade the skimmer to a BK 200 or something.

Should be fun =)

Everything else the same as what I have now

I was bored, so I decided to order 5 masked gobies from Sea Life Inc. =) They're so cheap from Sea Life compared to places like Blue Zoo Aquatics. $8 a piece vs. $20 something elsewhere.

I hope they enjoy the tank =) If not there's plenty of space in the large fuge I have now.

Also coming is a pair of porcelin crabs and a blood red cleaner shrimp. I'm a sucker for inverts I guess.

TriggerHappyDude

fishez4alivin', I didn't mean any disrespect to your picture taking in your thread, please no offense.

Your tank is awesome, I had to share with him, I love it and want to hopefully be an AGE owner one day.

Also, I was able to start some quote(s) with Kingfish Aquariums, out of Texas, who have business really close to AGE's facility. You just need to contact John, he knows the AGE guys well.

http://www.kingfishaquarium.com/agecustomaquariums.htm

kingfishjohn@gmail.com

Edited by TriggerHappyDude

kinetic - awesome deal. I am the same way for inverts and small gobies.

I know you will go with a company but I am doing a DIY PVC bottom tank. I also have a VERY good contact to build steel stands for a good price. Let me know. I know shipping would be a pain but through my work we have a freight account and I could get a quote.

Just letting you know :)

Looking great!

-Dave

P.S - Check my thread out. I just got my hands on my first DSLR

TriggerHappyDude
kinetic - awesome deal. I am the same way for inverts and small gobies.

I know you will go with a company but I am doing a DIY PVC bottom tank. I also have a VERY good contact to build steel stands for a good price. Let me know. I know shipping would be a pain but through my work we have a freight account and I could get a quote.

Just letting you know :)

Looking great!

-Dave

P.S - Check my thread out. I just got my hands on my first DSLR

Is kinetic the only one who gets these deals through you Dave? ;)

Edited by TriggerHappyDude
fishez4alivin
fishez4alivin', I didn't mean any disrespect to your picture taking in your thread, please no offense.

Your tank is awesome, I had to share with him, I love it and want to hopefully be an AGE owner one day.

Also, I was able to start some quote(s) with Kingfish Aquariums, out of Texas, who have business really close to AGE's facility. You just need to contact John, he knows the AGE guys well.

http://www.kingfishaquarium.com/agecustomaquariums.htm

kingfishjohn@gmail.com

:lol: N/P, I would never get offended by anyone making fun of anything I know nothing about...lol

Edited by fishez4alivin
quick snapshot of the phoenix 14K's. I basically adjusted the white balance to 14K so you can't even tell really...

Very nice. I just got my Phoenix 14Ks in yesterday too. I love these bulbs. I have them in my Nanocube 28g and when I turned on my Aqualight Pro with 10Ks for the first time I was so disappointed with the color of the light. It seems all my corals that I moved over in there was too. They all turned dull. I was going to wait until the bulbs needed replacing to change it to the Phoenix bulbs but I just could not stand it any longer and don't want to ruin the colors of my corals any longer. So I just bought them already. Now I am quite happy with the way the tank looks and the corals are starting to pop again.

Anyway, you have one awesome tank. If I had a bigger house and more money, I would love to get one like it. I really like your photography style as well. BTW, I know you lost your Ventralis but did you have any luck feeding them? If so, I would love to hear your methods. I love the Ventralis but I heard they can be very hard to feed.

BTW, I know you lost your Ventralis but did you have any luck feeding them? If so, I would love to hear your methods. I love the Ventralis but I heard they can be very hard to feed.

The ventralis were pretty hardy fish once I got them to eat. Getting them to eat is actually not hard at all. I've done it on two occasions already and know the same method worked for others.

- No other fish in the tank to start, only ventralis (optional, but it helps a lot)

- I had a handful of trimma cana and eviota gobies who were not aggressive, so that worked out OK

- Feed once with a combo of frozen brine and mysis, they will not eat it, they will try though

- 2 days later have ready live mysis/mysids. There are a few vendors out there. Feed a little bit of that, they will eat them like crazy. Live stuff makes a huge difference. When I fed, I saw each of them stuff 5 in their mouths at least. They were starving

- Slowly mix in frozen with live until it's all just thawed frozen mysis and brine.

Usually after a week you will see all the anthias out and swimming about boldly (given there's no other aggressive fish in the tank). If they are hiding and not showing themselves, that will be trouble. If they hide that means they're not going to get enough food.

I often see one or two extremely bold ventralis that are always out and aren't scared, the rest are timid but join the larger ones. At one point I had 5 ventralis, 1 genicanthus bellus, one ocllearis and one percula, all in the same tank, all out and swimming about. That lasted about 6 months and then marine velvet came in and destroyed them all, probably from the genicanthus. I QT'd that mofo too, but 6 months later it came out, no way I would have qt'd that long.

So the trick is, start with close to zero fish, introduce live mysis, and mix it in with frozen until they start eating. I fed about 3 times a day, once before work, once after, and then once before I went to bed.

Good luck with those masked gobies! I've tried to keep groups of them twice and both times they have killed each other off until only one or a pair remain.

shoot, sorry to hear! how big of a group? how big of a tank? I hope mine will be OK.

Thanks everyone for all the tips on who to contact and the offers on the shipping etc ;) You guys rock. I'll probably try them all once I get a response from the existing places I asked.

Dave: checking out your pix now ;)

shoot, sorry to hear! how big of a group? how big of a tank? I hope mine will be OK.

First tried 3 in a 10gal tank.. two didn't last long, then one jumped ship. Then I put 7 in my 40br. Over the course of about a month and a half the numbers dwindled down to two. They seem to have formed a pair though.

First tried 3 in a 10gal tank.. two didn't last long, then one jumped ship. Then I put 7 in my 40br. Over the course of about a month and a half the numbers dwindled down to two. They seem to have formed a pair though.

ah that's good to know. maybe the space I have currently + the ridiculous flow will keep distracted from killing each other.

Got a quote from AGE (fairly quickly) through one of the LFS here:

$1325 + $100 crate = $1425

48" x 32" x 24"

All Starfire glass

White PVC bottom

Beveled Glass

Black Silicon

Corner internal overflow with smoked 1/4" acrylic

Compared to $2589 for a 120xl ELOS...

I think AGE might have my vote on the next tank setup ;)