Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reeferboys Bc29

REEFERBOY

Hit up a really good fish/coral store n picked up some new goodies !!! not sure on all i.d's but will give it a try

pics are about 45 mins after lights go on so things arent too open yet but most new goodies dont open anyways so enjoy !!

got a new fish too a horse faced blenny it was called ;)

start with new fts from high angle

IMG_1981.jpg

acanastrea ??? $25

IMG_1972.jpg

xenia had hoped it would be pulsing but now i think not

IMG_1970.jpg

some kind of chalice $25

IMG_1968.jpg

some rics, 2 big ones beside eachother (one u cant see) and 3 little guys...frag was $30

IMG_1967.jpg

a brain maze coral $20 and if you look just behind it you can see the blenny $25

IMG_1966.jpg

better pic of maze

IMG_1964.jpg

birds nest coral $20....i dont think it will make it because the base of frag broke off and i had to touch it way too much to find somewhere for it and i think it will be stressed ...fingers crossed

IMG_1965.jpg

favite $25 and a glimpse on right of another brain maze coral $20

IMG_1960.jpg

a shot of lower half of tank

IMG_1980.jpg

let me know what you people think and any advice would be great as i am fairly new to sps/lps (stoneys)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems like my new blenny dosen't want to eat fish food but wants to peck at rockwork, thing is there isnt really any algea for him to pick at....any tips as to what i should do?? maybe seaweed on clip??

Deleted User 4

Reefer, nice blastos, you should put those up in the front where it's low waterflow, those will brighten up your fts. :D

thx they are doing really well...though i dont want to move them because they r doing so so well !!!!!

i have moved some other corals around will post new fts on a bad note my gbta stung my sps n its dying fast so i broke off the tip that was dying...fingers crossed now :(

gonna move the blasts actually like you said 1$R, moved a couple of medium rocks on left of fts to allow me to move a few corals around where i think they will be happy/look good (a tough combination to acheive)....wandering anenome has cause some problems...its doing really well almost double in size since i bought it but im starting to wonder if the havoc caused from wandering stinging sessions is worth it...especially since my clown hosts my torch coral...will post pics tmrw of updated fts.

no help with i'd or comments on frags n most recent pics= no fun for reefer boy :(

Sorry, can't help you with ID's but your tank is looking good.

The ratio of views to comments in threads is killing me too.

horizontal fts

IMG_1986.jpg

higher angle fts

IMG_1987.jpg

left angle fts

IMG_1988.jpg

right angle fts

IMG_1989.jpg

thats where the anenome is for now, i didnt place itthere but im happy with its choice hopefully it stays there...

feedback appreciated

feedback, thoughts, suggestions appreciated.

question should i look to find a way to add acentics in addidtion to my 150w mh viper??

Looks realy good the colors pop even without Actinic light i would be inclinded to say it looks great without the Actinic light but then i cant help but wonder if its that nice without what would it look like with them.

Looks realy good the colors pop even without Actinic light i would be inclinded to say it looks great without the Actinic light but then i cant help but wonder if its that nice without what would it look like with them.

Thanks for the kind words :)

thing is that i feel the pics dont show the truth of the colors and i use a cannon t2i xlr.....

the anenome has of course moved :( oh well

on another note tho i wouldnt mind if it was more blue myself, anyone have any ideas as to what i could add to gain that blue?? the bulb in my viper currently is 150w halide 20k ????

adambreakey

I second the LED stunner strip option.

BTW - tank looks great! I love the new additions, especially the brain maze.

- Adam

Deleted User 4

OMG Those blastos....I love them...wait for it...so....... wait for it........much. They kind of remind me darth mauls blastos. lol thanks for moving it upfront, looks real nice. :D

thanks for the comments and advice guys :)

heres some pics from today, anenome decided to move to where frogspawn was so had to move the frogspawn, tho i like where the anenome is now

FTS JUNE 26TH 2011

IMG_2010.jpg

BLENNY

IMG_2011.jpg

BLASTS (growing very fast)

IMG_2013.jpg

Hawkfish and maze coral

IMG_2017.jpg

favite

IMG_2012.jpg

like the idea of the led stunner strips to add blue acentics...my tank is 21 inches across tho and the strips are 24 inches...what suggestions for installing these with my mh viper clamp on ??

what to do about the 1.5" overhang each side??

Nice; those green favites and red blastos are really popping.

thanks !!!

had to move the blasts today...:( jawfish decided to build new home right beside/under them which isnt gonna work with the amount of sand he spits

yeah the exo's were the ones i was looking at but same question goes how am i gonna mount the 12 inch strip on my 21 inch tank??

plz help....i just wanna add some BLUE !!!

thanks !!!

had to move the blasts today...:( jawfish decided to build new home right beside/under them which isnt gonna work with the amount of sand he spits

yeah the exo's were the ones i was looking at but same question goes how am i gonna mount the 12 inch strip on my 21 inch tank??

plz help....i just wanna add some BLUE !!!

Sorry, can't remember if you still have the stock hood or not. If so, mounting should be fairly easy. If not, I'd need a pic of your lighting setup.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Reeferboys Bc29

Archived