Top Shelf Aquatics

Reeferboys Bc29

REEFERBOY

??

nice looking tank ...i have a 29gal biocube too ...im not sure is the duncans should be on sand or rock ..i have had mine on both ...it looks like it does good in both spots ...i just have pc bulbs in my cube ...i have ordered the ecoxotic stunner strips for mine ..waitingg to get them in

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice tank man, cool that you've been able to keep it up so long, mines been up for almost a year now and feels like forever

barely kept it up......so many mistakes that have cost me so much time n money....but have made me a better reefer none the less.....

??

I do like your tank but since my BC29 doesn't have any water in it I don't have much more to offer. Please check out my build thread too! I also am looking for feedback on my rockscape.

moved bubble coral to lower left and moved frogspawn to lower left mid, will find out later if they like it

Coastie5685

Looks good man.

I'd go with a bluer bulb or your going to start losing color of your corals. You can see it in your GBTA.

Duncans wherever you like. I have mine on rock. Might move lower. I feed them brine shrimp. Squirt it right into each polyp and they take off. Will grow much faster when feed. Feed once a week or so.

Bubble coral. Some feed silversides. I never did. It will extend as much as it needs as far as lighting.

WillWork4Frags

Might just be the white balance on your corals. Everything looks healthy. Keep up the good work!

anyone help with color spectrums?

20k would be more blue but the general consensus is that it won't help corals grow as much as 14k or 10k light.

How long have you have the pink carnation? They are extremely difficult long term...

2 MONTHS :(

its looking good but i have read the same just a couple of days ago....i will keep an eye on it and return/exchange at lfs if i see poor health signs....which hopefully wont be too late for the creature

Figured i'd do an updated stocklist in my BC29

Tank age 3 years

Couple of Crashes- 1st due to cowfish dying took out half the tank, 2nd due to incorrect hydrometer over the course of 6 months. Was Running tank at 1.029

Current age since 2nd crash= 5ish months all param's are great

DRY

-Aquatic life mini skimmer 115

-Tunze auto top off (ATO)

-JBJ powerhead switching controller, currently set to 20 sec alternating turns

-2 koralia nano powerhead

-Stevie T inTank media basket,

-Stevie T inTank Fuge

-Maxijet 900 main pump

-Currently using Aquavitro Salt (very happy so far)

-Heater in chamber 3

-JBJ Viper 150 MH clamp on with 20K bulb

-Purigen x2, carbonx2, filter flossx1

-Removed false floor in chambers 1&2, widened gap between chamers 1&2

-1watt L.E.D moonlight

WET

-Clownfish x1

-Jawfishx1

-Purple Fish of some kind lol

-Light green Bubble tipped anenome (BTA)

-Purple Finger leather

-Green Frogspawn

-Green Torch

-Zoa's 3-4 colors

-Dark Geen Baseball glove chalice of some kind

-Bubble coral

-Green Star Polyps

-Green Duncans

-Red Carnation tree

-Brown Feather Duster

-Red Blastomussa's

-Green Elephant ear

-Few hermits, snails of various types, Emerald crab

.comments, compliments, criticism all welcome, advice appreciated.

Tank is looking great. Yesterday I got and installed the same AquaticLife mini skimmer. Setup seemed pretty straightforward.

Tank is looking great. Yesterday I got and installed the same AquaticLife mini skimmer. Setup seemed pretty straightforward.

Are you gettig any bubbles in tank??

If so add a small bit of filter floss to the gap you should have by top water vent

Anyone have any idea's why i cant seem to grow coraline?....it grew during the first year like crazy now nothing

Crazy Crazy Crazy...so tonight i was using a flashlight to look at my tank and in back chambers (2nd chamber is stacked live rock and cheato) and lo and behold my hawkfish who i have assumed dead for over a month swims up to the top of the fuge !!! Needless to say i took all the stuff out and netted him n put him back into the main tank. Fingers crossed hes gonna be ok !!

he looks good, seemed super hungry tho...guess its a good thing i randomly feed the fuge a lil bit of shrimp. i added an SPS its a type of birds nest but a bit thicker....all the sps were $70 but this one was on a rock with 2 heads of xenia attached so i asked the guy if these were bonus or extra and he said they would be free as he didnt consider a weed to be a bonus...........lol ill take it i said. will post pics later

BowieReefer84
Anyone have any idea's why i cant seem to grow coraline?....it grew during the first year like crazy now nothing

Test your Alk, Calc, and Mag. Post your numbers.

i heard that coraline wont grow if your lighting is too bright ...they say it likes a dimmer light ..it is growing good in my biocube

Crazy Crazy Crazy...so tonight i was using a flashlight to look at my tank and in back chambers (2nd chamber is stacked live rock and cheato) and lo and behold my hawkfish who i have assumed dead for over a month swims up to the top of the fuge !!! Needless to say i took all the stuff out and netted him n put him back into the main tank. Fingers crossed hes gonna be ok !!

i had that happen to me ..i lost a damsel like that and i found it and my 6line wrauss ..i also had a clownfish jump and get in the water filtration pump ..i built a redneck fish saver out of a basket i had ..it works good ..i havent lost anymore fish to the back of the tank .

I have a stevie t fishsaver but i dot use it lol

my calc is testing at 400ppm ive tested 3 seperate times now and have been adding purple up slowly

ill test alk later...dont have magnesium test kit tho :(

All corals are looking better than ever sans the red cornation tree which i took back to lfs for some snails and im gonna sit back n watch it grow in for a bit, i wouldn't mind adding some things with color that help "pop" as most things seem to be green/brown/red/purple hues.....my red blasts pop the most and are doing really well does anyone know if they spilt or just keep getting bigger ??

PICS

newish sps thats been in for a week or so now, seems to be healthy and growing fast, emearld crab likes to hang out in it during day was the one i mentioned that came with bonus xenia which i have broken off and moved elsewhere

IMG_1949.jpg

night fts, you can just see on the right that i have moved the frogspaw to below the torch, the grouping of the tank feels slightly better this way...Since this pic i have moved the duncans (lower right) to below the anenome (lower left) , again the grouping feels better this way, i will try to post more pics daytime fts next few days.....n hoping to get macro lens for my cannon t2i so will be able to get some better pics

IMG_1958.jpg

shot of zoas that are doing well

IMG_1957.jpg

cool bubble tipped anenome shot that is looking healthy and staying put now

IMG_1950.jpg

shot of elephant ear, ive moved it up top and its about twice the size as when i purchased 3 weeks ago

IMG_1951.jpg

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Reeferboys Bc29

Archived