Cultivated Reef

Gauging Interest - RO/DI Unit Group Buy

shiveley

AWI RO/DI Unit Group Buy

It looks as though most people would be interested in pursuing units from air, water and ice; so I think that that's the route we'll be going. I'm looking at the TYPHOON III for myself.

Here are the exact specifications of the offer:

AWI.jpg

You can order anything you want from the site, we just need to meet the minimum buy-in requirements. I have also included another group that I participate in toward this buy so I do not foresee a problem making the minimum purchase amount of $900 to earn the 15% discount, but it would be great if we could generate enough interest to be eligible for the 20% discount.

If you are TRULY interested in participating in this group buy, please reply with the item(s) that you are interested in as soon as possible so that I have a better idea of what our ultimate group discount will be.

Thanks!

shiveley

I would be interested in the COMPACT III (5) Stage R.O.D.I. if this purchase were to take place. I live in Canada so I am not sure if this would have any implications. Lets keep this going, I need a unit asap.

Cheers!

Shiveley, are you fine with a money order if I include shipping to myself and the price of the unit. a twenty precent discount would be nice, a $80 mighty mite is looking real nice.

Well, most likely I would have to ship the items to people living outside of my immediate area. I think DHL is usually the cheapest carrier, so unless I find a better rate I would be shipping through them. I will charge the exact shipping charge that they charge me, no more no less. The item would be shipping out of 95819.

One a side note, it looks like we might get very close to the $2000 minimum to achieve the 20% discount, so if you're looking for an RO/DI unit, this is the time to buy one.

I'm in for a mighty mite! I'm a bit of a noob and I've never dealt with a ro unit, how often do the filters need to be replaced? This thing doesn't mention a flush mechanisim so I'm thinking it'll need its filter replaced more often... If we're getting a 15% or 20% discount wouldn't it be a good idea to go ahead and get at least one set of replacement filters? This might help get us over the $2K mark...

I'm in for a Mighty Mite w/ Di - originally $99. Send me a PM with total, and when you are definitely gonna place the order, I'll send you the $$ via paypal.

BUMP! Come on people, just think of all the gas money you will spend! BUY! an RO unit!

THINK! about everytime you visit the LFS- "I'm just going to get some water... well, then you see a new frag/ colony- you just have to have it! So you come back, it's monday, and you already spent your paycheck... but, if you had a nifty RO, then you would be that much richer.

To those of you that use tap water- think of all the algae blooms you deal with! NOT ANYMORE!

^ and people wonder why I am not an RO unit salesman... :rolleyes:

BUMP! Come on people, just think of all the gas money you will spend! BUY! an RO unit!

THINK! about everytime you visit the LFS- "I'm just going to get some water... well, then you see a new frag/ colony- you just have to have it! So you come back, it's monday, and you already spent your paycheck... but, if you had a nifty RO, then you would be that much richer.

To those of you that use tap water- think of all the algae blooms you deal with! NOT ANYMORE!

^ and people wonder why I am not an RO unit salesman... :rolleyes:

Ok...I'm going to my LFS tomorrow to take a look around...Hopefully I'll come home with my first nano reef! I might need to go back Sunday if I find one I like. If I get it (there's a good chance), I'm in on the RO/DI group buy. I'll keep you posted.

Its shipped free to one location, then we would have to pay shipping to ourselves so shiveley can ship it to use. But if we get the 20% discount, thats really nice.

Ok...I'm going to my LFS tomorrow to take a look around...Hopefully I'll come home with my first nano reef! I might need to go back Sunday if I find one I like. If I get it (there's a good chance), I'm in on the RO/DI group buy. I'll keep you posted.

Going to another store tomorrow. I'll let you know tomorrow night if I'm in or not.

I'll be trying to get firm commitments established this week so that I know which discount we qualify for. If everyone that expressed interest participates then we should be able reach the minimum to acheive the 20% off. But I need to know who's truly interested before I can proceed.

So...I have a bit of a timing problem on my end with regard to the proposed group buy. I'm having surgery on September 10th, and was told to expect to be incapacitated for 4-6 weeks following that procedure. Given that timeline, I don't see how I will be able to adequately coordinate the order, purchase, and subsequent delivery. Sorry. I guess I was just being naive in relation to what I would be able to accomplish during the period of my recovery.

It is my hope that someone will step up and continue with this process so that those in need can still proceed with their purchases. I can forward all emails and replies related to this group buy to anyone interested in taking charge to aid in facilitating this order.

Just let me know...

If this group buy is going to continue I would like to either get a mighty mite DI w/ a TDS meter or the Compact RK w/ TDS meter.

Archived