SaltCritters.com

(NanoWave9) Need specs

TikiTank

Hi everyone!

I am looking for the design spec on the aquamedic nanowave9. Has anyone had the pleasure of dismantling one of these systems? I am want to connect it inline with my other nano tank. I have a few tanks that I have already done this too, but I knew what I was drilling into before I started drilling. I want to drill into the black case on the side of the tank.

Does anyone know how far the glass extends into the black pvc casing? or is the side all glass?

Thanks!

TikiTank

You might wan to reconsider the NanoWave 9, lemme find that thread...

By Socalsuperhero, ModGod:

1st he did everything he could to hotrod it, then he hated it, gutted it, and plumbed it to a sump.:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=104598&hl=

Here's the thread where he sold the guts:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=nanowave

IMO, the nanowave has problems. No surface skimming because the only intake is like 1/2 way down the back, the splashguard gets submerged if you fill to the trim, and there's microbubble dificulties w/the skimmer if you try to up the flow.

Sorry if that's not at all helpfull or what you were lookin for...:mellow:

oh yeah. willkommen.

Yes I know what you are saying.

I got it for Christmas so I could have a salty tank in my office at work. I did several mods to it also. It gets too hot so I have to prop the top open. The night lights are on the same plug as the day lights... The skimmer doesn't work very well and it adds too much heat to the water. It also doesn't have a surface skimmer option.

So I started modifying the thing. I fabricated a 7 gal refugium that sits behind the nanowave. I made it from plexiglass, my first attempt at welding plastic. It turned out ok, not very pretty, but very educational. This extra water, live sand and live rock really helped the system.

The reason I want to drill into the side of it is that I want to connect the tank to my Eclipse 12.

I just want to make sure that I will be drilling into plastic not tempered glass.

Thanks for the links. They are very helpful.

I will post a photo of my behind the nanowave refugium but please dont laugh. It's not pretty, but it doesn't leak! Now this tank reads 0 for nitrates. That brillopad plant really sucks the bad stuff out of the water.

I had to drill holes in the front of the compartment because it needed more water in the back chamber because of the extra pump going into the refugium.

I had the nanowave in my office but I just switched jobs. I live in a cubical at work now, no room for the fish. :( So the fish came home and moved in to my 26 gal bow front. They are happy with more room. I have a 55 gal tank that is terribly over stocked, so I connected the 26 gal bow front to the 55 gal. I am stocking the 26 gal with more live rock and some mangroves so hopefully I can keep the nitrate levels consistantly lower in the 55 gal. I am planning on getting a bigger tank soon. Right now I have 5 tanks running. I would like to take that down to 3 and have them all linked together.

Right now I am using the nanowave system to recycle salt water for water changes. The water kind of cleans its self. I just bought some mangroves to add to this refugium too.

Thanks for your help. I think that the nanowave is all glass and it is not tempered because the links you gave me also showed that the guy drilled into the bottom of the tank.

post-30408-1187222282_thumb.jpg

post-30408-1187222313_thumb.jpg

Archived