Coral Vue Hydros

Birthday Gift - 14G Bio Cube

racerfreak

thanks, I didn't know that... i guess it means more $$ lol

so I wen tinto my lfs and found horrible things, they had 3 10 gallon containers filled with live rock and about 5-10 fish that are about 4"-8" big :o and they want $12.99/lb of live rock, idk I'm even going to buy fish from them :huh:

That is WAY expensive for rock. Try to find a reef club local to you, members often tear down tanks or have live rock for sale for very cheap!

If you don't like the looks of the store, TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. Don't buy if you don't feel like they are offering quality product. People who buy fish in stores who keep dirty, infected tanks are part of the problem with the hobby. Force them to clean up thier act!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea... tank is glass so wtf :huh:

I found another pet store with a beautiful tank that they keep most of the fish and coral in, you have to wait a week to get it but at leas it's good. Only down side is no live rock being sold so i'm just gonna buy online or see if i can find a reef club in westchester NY :huh:

anyway... got the new rubbermaid brute :D

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

made a filter out of the maxi-jet 400's for a week :D

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Finding Nemo on i-pod ;)

IMG_0880.jpg

yea I know... you gotta love those people, oh and I got some news... I am almost done with a diy nano skimmer that I’m putting in section 1 and I’m building a small overflow box from section 1-2 that goes into the refugium w/ mangroves and then it will siphon back into chamber 2 that will be filled with live rock rubble... and I’m taking out the barrier in chamber 3 and then replacing it with a bigger one that's closer to chamber 2 so i can fit a maxi-jet 900 :D

Lots of mods....good for you, im too lazy to mod mine up. I need to cut out that stupid wall in chamber 3 tho too.

Good work on that Brute container, oh and usplastics.com sells smaller brutes and different shapes as well.

• 2 weeks later...

DIY SKIMMER

-takes 2 skimmers, Resun nano skimmer(ebay $25 w/ shipping) & Fission nano skimmer($30 w/ shipping)

SK-05.jpg

sk53.jpg

fission_skimmer.gif

Fission Nano Skimmer Parts Used:

-pump(110-120 60hz USA)

-base

-elbow's

-inner tube

-filter rings

Resun Nano Skimmer Parts Used:

-pump(220-240V 50hz Euro, Asia, Ect...)

-main tube

-inner tube

-collection cup

-with some silicone and a drilled hole it will work great (not proven yet, works in theory ;) , mini venturi skimmer :lol: )

Test One (failed cuz you need an equal in and out flow, basic physics, I still tried to do smaller out... FAILURE)

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Test Two (pump wouldn't create any bubbles b/c of water in airline :angry:FAILURE)

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

How it fits in my BC 14 :lol:

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

my second test went good and bad, my pump wasn't sucking in air so no bubbles but it's almost finalized and water flows through great

yea... that's the lip i'm gonna get for my car... probally gonna keep all the lips and skirts cf but that's 1k... I might do exhaust first, cuz i can do it for the sam price... hmmmm

OK guys, big news... I might be movin in a year so idk if I'm gonna want to move a 14 cube. So I am gonna have to wait till I move, if I do, to get it going. Howeve, I should have my refugium and stand done in a month. Also I am doing a trickle filtraton for the fuge, this will give me alot more space :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys,

I know I haven't updated my tank in a while and I am still waiting for some free time to work on getting my stand finnished. Since I am going to be moving in a year I'm just trying to perfect my bc14. I am not going to use the mini skimmer I created, I actually got it to work too :lol:

I have decided to get a SunPod HQI Metal Halide 16.5 inch w/ 70W HQI Bulbs :lol:

I am gonna sell my canopy for $100.00 + shipping lights and all

• 1 month later...

Ok I'm back in business....

-I sold my 10k and actinic and got 50/50's w/ 71k blue light from nanotuners

-I am keeping my hood and bought the bc14 stand

-bought a maxi-jet 900 and a hang on canister so i can put my skimmer in the middle chamber

my 15 gal regular tank was having too many problems so i'm gonna use it later on... I should be up and running by the new year :D

Archived