Coral Vue Hydros

Wrasse Suicide and ID of Something

Reefmore

I went to feed a few minutes ago and noticed "Jeffy" :) was missing.. OMG I thought, He commited suicide..Sure enough my 6 line wrasse tried to breath on his own...Must have been hours ago because he was "dry" >(

I knew they could jump but he hast for a couple weeks since I got him...I guess I wa wrong :( (open tank)

Ok, now for the ID question...I have a rock with shrooms on it but it also has little round green balls...speratically placed. Imagine a bubble but harder and a dark green...

Any Ideas??

Thanks

It's bubble alge...not a good thing it can spread and take over, if you take a pic I can confirm. Not the end of the world just do not pop them in your tank, some people say this is how they spread.

It's bubble alge...not a good thing it can spread and take over, if you take a pic I can confirm. Not the end of the world just do not pop them in your tank, some people say this is how they spread.

How do I get rid of it??

It has roots that grow onto the rock. I very carefully use my nails to loosen the roots & pull them off. If they do pop, I scrub area with a toothbrush & rinse with fresh water befre putting the rock back in the tank.

I agree to try and get rid of the bubbles post haste. If you can, I would try and take the rock out of the tank and just use a knife (carefully) or a flathead screwdriver and try and scrape underneath where the bubble is and get some rock with it. Like said above, they have roots so just cutting the bubble off doesn't necessarily get rid of them.

I have heard of people cutting them off and cover the spot with superglue gel though...sounds like it might be an option as well.

Sorry to hear about the wrasse.... :(

They are a pain but only if they really get out of control. With anything in this hobby, better to be a little proactive and take care of things when you first notice them. I've learned that lesson a couple of times with my old tank.

Archived