Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes' 34 Gallon Cadlight Signature

Rehype

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also wish the moonlights were on a seperate plug since i have timers for everything and when the actinics go off, i can't put the moon lights on.

I just thought id let you guys know the workaround for the moonlights and actinics being on the same circuit. I called eddie over at cadlights and let him know my concern. Well eddie sent me two leds and id thought id show you the pics of the mod i did. Dont make fun of it because i really dont have a handy bone in my entire body :(

lights005.jpg

lights007.jpg

Heres where i drilled a hole for the led cord

lights009.jpg

Heres with the lights on

lights008.jpg

Yeah I started to do this very thing. But I came to the conclusion that the heat might melt the stuff. So does it?

ill let you know in the morning. I sure hope not.LOL.... :unsure:

What i was considering doing was breaking apart those lights. I have already done this to one just to see how it comes apart and what was inside. There is a chip board with a capacitor and some diodes. anyway . drilling holes just big enough to fit the led in the reflector and putting all the wires between the reflector and the hood with some heat guard around the wires. . Now I would have to solder some longer cords to the leds but its doable. anyway thats just what i have been kicking around. Let me tell you if you have not considered it. Hang the lights with the cords from the ceiling (if you can). it really makes the tank look a lot better. I mean its a big difference.

Yeah I started to do this very thing. But I came to the conclusion that the heat might melt the stuff. So does it?

Well Good news,So far nothing has melted. :D

Awesome tank! I think I'm going to be buying the 12gal version very soon. It'll be my first one. I'll be putting it in my room though, which gets VERY hot during the summer, even with the AC blasting. I'd say it gets in the mid 80's. Would a chiller be able to handle that, or am I gonna have a problem?

Awesome tank! I think I'm going to be buying the 12gal version very soon. It'll be my first one. I'll be putting it in my room though, which gets VERY hot during the summer, even with the AC blasting. I'd say it gets in the mid 80's. Would a chiller be able to handle that, or am I gonna have a problem?

Thanks :D I would definitely recommend a chiller if the room your tank is in gets that warm. I had the same issue until i got a chiller which handles that type of heat without a problem.HTH

I LOVE THAT 12G, i might get it for my sister. The T5 lights on the 12G should be better with the heat compared to the PC bulbs so definitely a plus there if your room gets that hot.

fraggle rockette
Heres an updated pic

tankupdated001.jpg

nice rockwork! and OMG

TINY CUTE OMG BABIEESSSS CLOWNS!!!! how big are those little guys? SUPER CUTE!!!!! :wub::happydance::wub:

They look almost the size of the one that I took to EZ to hold for me.

Tank looks good so far though. Fans are a wonderful and serious $$$ saving mod to have.

nice rockwork! and OMG

TINY CUTE OMG BABIEESSSS CLOWNS!!!! how big are those little guys? SUPER CUTE!!!!! :wub::happydance::wub:

Thanks alot! They are Ocellaris Clowns . They are about one inch long. I bought the two of them for 25 bucks. They are so cute and alot of fun to watch. I had a huge GHA bloom. just FYI blennies do a fantastic job of getting rid of GHA. My klausewitz blenny along with some hermits totally decimated my Green hair algae. Im just waiting for nitrates to get to 0 and then i can start adding corals :happydance:

They look almost the size of the one that I took to EZ to hold for me.

Tank looks good so far though. Fans are a wonderful and serious $$$ saving mod to have.

NoValidTitle

Do you have a heater in this tank also? So far I've only seen the chiller you added mentioned. I would think the lights would provide plenty of heat while they were on but wasn't sure if it would cool too much on the night cycle.

Yeah man I really like the rock work also. Looks really nice. keep me updated on the wires for that moon light mod. You did a great job on it.

Do you have a heater in this tank also? So far I've only seen the chiller you added mentioned. I would think the lights would provide plenty of heat while they were on but wasn't sure if it would cool too much on the night cycle.

Yep a 200 watt hydor heater and its plugged into the chiller for total temp control. However it actually hasnt been turned on yet. Its been some pretty cool nights here lately and the tank temp hasnt dipped below 76 degrees. :o It must be the all the pumps that are running. :happy:

Yeah man I really like the rock work also. Looks really nice. keep me updated on the wires for that moon light mod. You did a great job on it.

Thanks alot Ryan. I really appreciate it. So far so good on the moonlight wires. This is the second day with the MH running. Havent noticed any ill effects yet fingerscrossed Ill definitely keep you posted. BTW i love the mod you did with the fans. Very cool B)

What are the inside dimmensions of the stand? (Bottom part- where I will put my RO resovoir) Does the light have a shield of some sort, so water doesn't splash the MH?

What are the inside dimmensions of the stand? (Bottom part- where I will put my RO resovoir) Does the light have a shield of some sort, so water doesn't splash the MH?

Length is probably about 21 inches and width is about 13. The light does have a glass cover you can see it in the pics and the tank also comes with a canopy.

Those moon lights still holding out? How did you attach them? Hope to have my tank up and running soon.

Yep so far so good. Three days in and no problems. I screwed them into the reflector.HTH

Archived