Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes' 34 Gallon Cadlight Signature

Rehype

Heres some photos after packaging. Made sure everything was working and in good condition. DHL is the worst.

Ill post a bunch of pics later once i get back from work and get the stand put together.

newtank001.jpg

newtank004.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics, i'm getting mine tonight too!

Heres some photos after packaging. Made sure everything was working and in good condition. DHL is the worst.

Ill post a bunch of pics later once i get back from work and get the stand put together.

newtank001.jpg

newtank004.jpg

Looks Great... Please post more pics ASAP......

Will you please post Temps with ambient room and lights on and off. Wondering if it will need a chiller.

If adding a chiller are you going to Drill or ??

And please let us know what mods you did before setting up.

Thanks

Lee

Nice! how did you take pics of the light directly? thats hard to do. i tried to take pics of mine and the glare bleaches out the pics. anyway, awesome tank and welcome to the 34G cadlights club.

did you get the standard or the "sig series"?

i got the cooling fan and it is absolutely the best! my temps go all the way down to 74degrees overnight. did you get the UV? if so, let me know how it is please! i am thinking of getting one to complete my package.

I initially ordered the regular series before the signature came out. So i called cadlights and asked if he could upgrade me to the signature series and i would pay the difference. Being the great guy eddie is he shipped everything(UV, cooling fan, and the oscillator) without charging me a dime. Talk about customer service.

man that is one scary system, aquarium waste BEWARE!

everything fits so perfectly. how do you like the UV? i purchased the fan and the oscillator. all i need is the skimmer and the uv to have the same system, but of course its not fitted as well as yours.

man that is one scary system, aquarium waste BEWARE!

everything fits so perfectly. how do you like the UV? i purchased the fan and the oscillator. all i need is the skimmer and the uv to have the same system, but of course its not fitted as well as yours.

Hey donreefer, do you have the full length fuge light or the shorter one? I thought I saw you with the full length. Where did you install the fan? Can you post a pic or two?

thanks! :D

Its weird, but i actually slid the MH light back a bit and took off the fuge light that i had (the full length). i dont have too much plants right now, but i might get a shorter strip from a LFS if i put more in there in the future. i dont have too much plants right now. i clamped the fan on the pump section and aimed it downwards. that thing cools down fast! i mean my temps dropped 2 degrees right away after 10 minutes. i'll try to take some pics later.

on a happier note: i'm so glad cadlights made the new upgrades able to fit in to our older models as well. though its a bit different looking i am just happy it will have the same results.

Hey donreefer, do you have the full length fuge light or the shorter one? I thought I saw you with the full length. Where did you install the fan? Can you post a pic or two?

thanks! :D

I havent used the UV yet im going t let the tank finish cycling first. But your right the fan is fantastic :D It cools really well. Just have to watch the evaporation. And the skimmer is great.plenty of bubbles. So far the microbubbles have just been confined to the chamber that the skimmer is in. Id definitely recommend the skimmer that cad offers. Heres some updated pics. Dont criticize the aquascape just yet i still have a couple more pieces of rock coming. Ill have to do some more touch ups :P

IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb254/Rehype/tank002.jpg[/img]

tank005.jpg

tank002.jpg

Starting to look good.. I am wondering what your Water Temp and room Temp are?

I am moving back to Florida and once i settle in wondering if ill need a chiller.. thanks Lee

nice aquascaping. i have a few gripes with the system but in all, it's great and now i just need some money to buy some corals

well, mostly the clamps that attach the lights to the tank. The refugium one is fine, but with the big mh one, I just can't get the light to stay up reliably when i put my hands in the tank. I've had it fall on me more than a few times. I also wish the moonlights were on a seperate plug since i have timers for everything and when the actinics go off, i can't put the moon lights on. i had a few problems with the skimmer but i fixed those (i wish it had better english directions). all in all though, i don't regret the tank. it's absolutely stunning and i feel like not matter how bad i am at taking care of my inhabitants, it will still look great.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this tank?

I'm thinking about ordering this exact tank for my new apartment.

Are you running the tank in an air-conditioned room? I was just wondering if the heat was an issue....

thanks! :)

No i have a 1/10 Aqua euro chiller. Its fantastic!!Heat can be an issue if your tank is in a room without ac and temps that might reach mid to high 80's. I was using the fan that came with the tank and it it works very well but you get alot of evaporation and if it gets too hot the fan can only cool but so much. I also almost killed my fish not too long ago. I left the fan on all day and when i got home the temps had taken a nose dive. omgomgomg turned it off just in time. The chiller works great and gives peace of mind. I have the fan programmed in my aquacontroller as a fail safe in the event my chiller stops working.I love this tank and the customer service at cadlights is top notch. Ill post some updated pics of the tank tomorrow. HTH

Archived