Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The 40 Breeder's Tank Thread

sammy113

It is going to be mostly a Butterfly Tank , somewhere in the 1-2 inch range , they will be transfered to a larger tank when they get bigger . A dwarf angel or juvenile flagfin angel wouldn't be out of the question though ;) Stay tuned for some updated aqua scaping photos .

Edited by Sea Slug

I recently moved here from RC after I tore down my 92 last weekend. Here is my 40 I transferred my corals too. I made the stand and sump a few weeks ago. Pics were taken right after transfer so some of the stuff wasn't open yet.

PICT1418.jpg

PICT1420.jpg

PICT1419.jpg

Here is my makeshift home for my blue carpet and GSM's until I find a suitable replacement.

PICT1424.jpg

PICT1423.jpg

Nano_Reefer_92

Here is a question for people who have AGA 40BR's it is realy true that you can drill the bottom(It is not tempered glass anywhere in the tank, sides and bottom)?

Nice video sea slug. Butterflies look so cool!

40Br's are not tempered anywhere. You can drill the bottom or any side. Theres a few people here that has drilled bottoms and sides.

sssooooo... If I upgrade to the 50B(its only 3" taller!), does that disqualify me from this thread? Because technically I do own a 40B its just not set up yet and I'm already thinking of upgrading haha. I want about a 3.5" to 4" sandbed so I can keep a couple of jawfish and in the 40B that will cut away from my viewing area. The 50B is 3" taller and I think it would work out really nice.

Im waiting to buy a stand for my 40b. I cant wait to set it up. I already bought the 250w sunlight supply galaxy ballast with a lumenmax 2 refledctor (SE) with sunlight supply hanger kit. I need my stand. I might just go to petco.

You guys are making me sick with the pics of your stocked tanks. I've been planning mine for over a year now.

Here is progress so far. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106629

:lol: Stoney , your killing me.....................your tank looks great and is coming along , speaking for myself , I did more of a soft cycle , which is why mine was up and running fairly quickly . I used fully cured live rock from my other three tanks and also temporarly plumed my 40 breeder into my prop tank along with live sand from my upstairs reef . So you see , I didn't exactly start from scratch like you are . When you have multiple tanks it tends to be a little faster getting things going . My 40 breeder is now tank #4 . B)

Chris you can stay in the 40Br thread. Some people say that 40b's actually are 45G so don't mind if you're 5 gallons over us :P

Stoney you've been planning yours for over a year but the wait is worth. Your tank is the cleanest 40 I've seen. I love the stand and the lamp. Plumbing is perfect and i'm really considering the net over the tank for jumpers. Nice work

The lighting on the 40 is as follows:

2 x 39w T5 10k

2 x 55w PC Actinic

I bought Bayslayer's 29g this week so I will be setting that up for the carpet this weekend with:

2 x 55w PC Actinic

1 x 175w MH 14k or 20k I haven't made my mind up yet.

Well that didn't take long , one of my friends who buys coral from me fell in love with the butterfly tank , he has two tanks that have been up for several years , a 90 gal. reef and a 125 FOWLR , when he looked at the butterfly's and saw how they all got along he had to have them . Being a long time friend of mine , I said no problem I'll just get new ones . I tried to tell him it was no big deal getting them to get along , but he just liked the way they all looked together , he even wanted my " Rod's Black Onyx Clown " But I told him no way the wife owns that fish and after having Clowny for 5+ years she would kill me . I'm happy to report all fish are doing well and even though they didn't get a chance to grow like I wanted , I will be starting over with the stocking , Clowny is looking pretty lonely these days . So now I'm off to the search . :D

• 1 month later...