ReefCleaners.org

The 40 Breeder's Tank Thread

sammy113

Please don't take this the offensivly but how much are you guys spending on you 40br i'm going to end up spending $4500 :blink: good by odd job money (that i have been saving up my entire life) :tears:

-Mac

Please don't take this the offensivly but how much are you guys spending on you 40br i'm going to end up spending $4500 :blink: good by odd job money (that i have been saving up my entire life) :tears:

-Mac

I've probably spent about $1500 on mine.

I have spent around $1500-$2000 on mine. If I had $4500 to spend, I wouldn't be doing a 40 gallon. You could set up a nice 180 gallon for that much.

I was just thinking the same thing. How do you spend $4500 setting up a 40g tank? Even if you bought 80 lbs. of LR for $10 a lbs., and bought a solaris, and a really nice skimmer and return pump.........well I guess it's possible!!

I have spent around $1500-$2000 on mine. If I had $4500 to spend, I wouldn't be doing a 40 gallon. You could set up a nice 180 gallon for that much.

Ya well i have devorsed parents(also i go to Hawaii every year 1-2 times a year and in the summer i go to summer school not becuse of grades i get As abd Bs) which leads me to having to get a neptune aquacontroler 3

i also want to have 2x 250w MH w/T-5 atinics, calcium reactor, 2 tuzen nano streams, double float auto top off, wave maker for the tuzens, RO/Di system, AquaC Ev skimmer, live rock, R2 light, etc(i need to find my list....its about 3 pages long)

Oops i forgot i also added in the prise for my soft coral frag tank so its more like $4100

-Mac

Edited by Maco

Mac , If your going to buy all that high end equipment , you really need to rethink your tank size , don't get me wrong but with that much cash you should be looking at setting up a 150-220 gallon tank . You can have an excellent 40 breeder with out spending anywhere near that much .

Mac , If your going to buy all that high end equipment , you really need to rethink your tank size , don't get me wrong but with that much cash you should be looking at setting up a 150-220 gallon tank . You can have an excellent 40 breeder with out spending anywhere near that much .

Well the only big problem is devorsed parents and going on 2 month trips to see family makes me need to do somthing like that....so if i cound keep every thing how many gallon tank do you think i cound have ?

BTW-the stand cost like $300 are there an threads on how to make a stand that can support that kind of mass im kind of worryed about the tank stand sudenly giving way :scarry: + homework takes up way to much time

-Mac

Edited by Maco
Well the only big problem is devorsed parents and going on 2 month trips to see family makes me need to do somthing like that....so if i cound keep every thing how many gallon tank do you think i cound have ?

BTW-the stand cost like $300 are there an threads on how to make a stand that can support that kind of mass im kind of worryed about the tank stand sudenly giving way :scarry: + homework takes up way to much time

-Mac

Oh God i messed up again...i also forgot to take out the cost of livestock ...dry goods $3500

-Mac

Edited by Maco
I would like to think that I used pretty good stuff. Not the most expensive, but not cheap by any means. But wow, I cant wait to see this super tank!

I bought the cheap stuff, some of it used at that!!! My fish and corals don't seem to know the difference, I think they may be illiterate!! They can't even read the brand names.

Edited by glennr1978
Oh God i messed up again...i also forgot to take out the cost of at starting livestock $3500

-Mac

$3500 starting livestock???

What are you getting? A humpack whale?

Jesus, that's a lot of money, young man.

With that amount of money to spend, why not get yourself a bigger tank? A person who's as loaded as you would definitely feel cramped by a 'mere' 40g. You'd just keep on buying and buying and buying. After all, nothing can stop you since you have loads of cash.

$3500 starting livestock???

What are you getting? A humpack whale?

Jesus, that's a lot of money, young man.

With that amount of money to spend, why not get yourself a bigger tank? A person who's as loaded as you would definitely feel cramped by a 'mere' 40g. You'd just keep on buying and buying and buying. After all, nothing can stop you since you have loads of cash.

EDIT- Oh yay thats equpment price sorry) well im trying to keep the price in that range thats pritty much all the money i have be able to rase (i have saved up money ever since i was 5 of course not for a tank....but its still all there :) ) oh ya and $500 for live stock is becuse im precalculating my cost in the long run...

-Mac

-Edit one more thing so i dont sound like some kind of richy rich i have had to earn all this money on my own and i also saved up christmas money b-day money etc.

Edited by Maco

I coulda swore I posted mine several pages back.

Tank: 40B + 15G refugium with DSB and LR

Light: 2 by 75 VHO actinics, 1 by 150 watt MH phoenix 14k

Fish/inverts: Yellow Coris Wrasse, Yasha Haze and pistol shrimp pair, Flamed Angel, Tomato clown

Corals: assorted of zoas, Green Sinularis, green acro, assorted rics and yumas, large green ployp, white pipeorgan, Clam, sun coral.

Older pic, now the Rose Bubble tip is sold for mis behaving.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/ti...reeder/Tank.jpg

Tank.jpg

Edited by Timanator