Coral Vue Hydros

The 40 Breeder's Tank Thread

sammy113

So I've recently seeing lots of 40Br's. So far they all looks amazing. I think this tanks have incredible dimensions for sick aqua escapes and lots of space for a variety of corals. I think Its time to everybody show off their tanks! So lets start this thing.

So mine is not finished yet but soon will be up and running. This is what I got so far. I'm thinking to go T5 in this one. Not sure what fixture yet. I'm in love with TEK but they are expensive. I saw the Nova Extreme T5HO in a friend's tank and looks cool. I know they don't have individual reflectors but i think they should do the work. I'm not planing on keeping SPS I think that light should work for some LPS, zoas, mushrooms etc. Ok, here it is.

2-26.jpg

1-25.jpg

4-16.jpg

this is how i planned the tank. Still need to stain the stand with Ebony (black) stain

1-22.jpg

This is how I access the sump. The whole front panel is the door

2-23.jpg

3-17.jpg

Edited by sammy113
Looks sweet thats how I want to do my stand!

Thanks! The front panel holds to the stand by these adjustable tension ball catchers. They're stainless steel and bronze coated. DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i love 40 breeders, i wish i had one. please post some more people

I know its a tad late, but clean up your kitchen floor dude thats absolutely repulsive. tank looks amazing btw, the floor not so much

I know its a tad late, but clean up your kitchen floor dude thats absolutely repulsive. tank looks amazing btw, the floor not so much

first, thats not my kitchen. Its the "bar", the floor is just stained or something. tiles need to be replaced. oh and thanks for the tank compliments... -_-

Cool Latazyo, is the one on the right a 40B too? I bet those are form that awesome petco sale?

sammy whats you lighting tek? what bulbs you running?

Yup. Its a TEK 4x39W Bulbs:

12,000k AquaBlue-ATI

10,000k AquaSun-UV Lighting

Blue Plus-ATI

Super Actinic-UV Lighting

Edited by sammy113
where did you find those stand-offs to hold the doors on ?

I found them at my local hardware store but i'm pretty sure you can find it at any HD Lowes or any marine or boat accesories store. I think they're used for the boat's cabinets.

Glen, your tank is amazing! I love your SPS frags. I hope to start with some fancy colored sticks of those very soon in mine

• 2 weeks later...

as soon as I get my girlfriend's camera, I'll take some pics of my set-up...

-40Br

-Custom stand and canopy: 46"T

-oversized refugium: 32"L x 16"W x !6"T

-2 Koralia #1's for circulation

-Tunze ATO system

-Octpus 150 Protein Skimmer with Impeller Mesh Mod(thing kicks a$$ and its way oversized!)

-1/10HP JBJ Arctica Chiller

-2 part dosing pumps

... only thing left is to buy lights...

I'm thinking of going with the 1 x 250W MH with PC Actinic Supplementation... CoralLife Aqualight 36" fixture... guy at my LFS will sell it to me for $550 new so thats a pretty good deal.

Yes I have 2 Koralia #2's, 2 MJ900. one MJ1200 with skimmer and AC500..flow city haha..I just fought a month with Dinos (I knew it wasn't a lack of flow)..that sucked. It was my top off water..and some LR rubble that I had thrown in there that was bad I guess..ended up loosing some zoos (they closed up for a few weeks and the pods were going to town), but they are coming back strong..anyone that has had dinos will tell you how horrible that stuff is..it appears in the morning and disappears at night..it just really irked me, some people live with it in there tank all the time

I was thinking of 3's but thought that was a bit much haha..then I was gonna mod the maxijets..but I think I got enough flow..what size is your tank?

Yes I have 2 Koralia #2's, 2 MJ900. one MJ1200 with skimmer and AC500..flow city haha..I just fought a month with Dinos (I knew it wasn't a lack of flow)..that sucked. It was my top off water..and some LR rubble that I had thrown in there that was bad I guess..ended up loosing some zoos (they closed up for a few weeks and the pods were going to town), but they are coming back strong..anyone that has had dinos will tell you how horrible that stuff is..it appears in the morning and disappears at night..it just really irked me, some people live with it in there tank all the time

I was thinking of 3's but thought that was a bit much haha..then I was gonna mod the maxijets..but I think I got enough flow..what size is your tank?

My latest is also a forty breeder , although mine will be FOWLR . I'm doing a soft cycle using fully cured live rock from my prop tub and a combo of new salt water with salt water from my other tanks . This is not the latest picture , but you get the idea .

post-8365-1189733476_thumb.jpg