inTank Media Baskets

Nano Biotope LPS?

Snazzy

I've got a 6 gallon custom acrylic w/ built in behind the wall fuge. Im gonna do a sunpod 70w 16.5" light. more then likely just use a mj behind there for flow.

now i have corals that include acons, euphillia, tounge coral, and some brains which i think are all indo-pac. im pretty sure im going to do a goby/shrimp combo in their more then likely randalls goby and shrimp or a high fin and randalli shrimp. are micros found in indo-pac?

more more important question is what type of rock is best to be natural? what other corals are best to the biotope? really any info on bio-tope is great appriciated. Ive read a little about the different areas i.e. upper reef wall lagoon etc. which would be best for my situation?

thanks,

~snazzy

Biotope? LOL... Indo-Pacific = like 99% of all the corals we keep. :P

reefman225gal

I think a shallow water lagoon habitat is cool. Lagoon corals are more tolerant of high nutrient levels, higher temps, and sluggish water movement then on the fore reef. plate corals, slipper corals, brains, Cynarina, Lobophyllia and elegance corals would all be cool in a shallow water lagoon setting. I forgot to mention bubble coral, Caulastrea, Blastos, and there is a few more i cant think of right now. Figi live rock would be cool.

Archived