SaltCritters.com

5.5g Mantis tank couldn't stay away

hecsrt-4

hecsrt4-

Where did you find Mantis Shrimp in Chicago? I live in Michigan- about 3 hours away from Chicago and have been looking for a suitable nano mantis- g. smithi or n. wennerae (obviously NOT a peacock mantis).

I have a LFS in Michigan looking for one for me, and Sharky's Reef is looking for one for me- for the last couple of weeks. Just wondering where you are able to find them- as I would like to be able to pick up the mantis as opposed to having it shipped. I know that driving is not going to save me any money- but thought I could give a mantis smoother transport then UPS or another shipping company.

I have a cycled 8 gallon Biocube just waiting for my first mantis shrimp.

Julie

The LFS where I bought my Peacock from has my old mantis I couldnt get an ID on him but he is small like an inch, sort of looked like a G. Smitthi. They still have it I was just there today picking up some gorilla crabs for my Peacock. I dont know how much they were asking for it but the owner gave me a $20 credit for it.

The LFS is called Old Orchard Aquarium its in Skokie Illinois. They also have some really cool anglers right now too that would look cool in a 8g.

Archived