Pod Your Reef

Would this work?

Link311

So I've upgraded my nc12dx with all kinds of cr@p these forums suggested would make my tank better, and thankfully, it has. I've had no problems WSE in 2 months and counting. You guys are more useful than my LFS. My nitrates are running a little high though, and I hear about this chaeto stuff, but don't have any. I'd like to have some, but i can't imagine adding anymore lights and whatnot (got a chiller in the hood, sponge,heater and 2 pumps in the rear chambers).

So I got this little box from my girlfriend (haha had to). It's a 3" cube - clear plastic with a top. If i bore some holes for circulation and hang it or mount it IN the main tank, then add chaeto algae, will I get the benefits? I figure the main canopy lights would suffice, and it wouldn't be invasive to my aquascape. I was thinking of putting it against the back wall next to the intake grille.

definitely. theres a guy on here that did that to his tank but he used a little plastic cup with a lid and bored holes through it and hung it with hangers on the right side. (left side in a nanocube...where the overflow is)

Search the soapdish mod. Go to wally-world, or some such store (I even saw them at home depot) and find a plastic soapdish to hold shampoo bottles and such. They have large suction cups on them to hang on the shower wall. Get one that is clear plastic. Hang it on the side, back, front, wherever you want. Shove the chaeto in there and you have an in-tank refugium. I have one of them in my 45g. It is a good place to put frags and such. When I have cut up some mushrooms, I put the pieces in my soap-dish with some CC on the bottom. Within no time the pieces attach themselves to the CC and then can be glued to a larger rock. Soapdishs are cool! I am glad I found out about them.

dsoz

Archived